• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wind Waker Link Mainers?

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Yes, Wind Waker Link looks pretty cool. Anyone think of maining him? He looks pretty awsome. What are your thoughts?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Dude, as the biggest Wind Waker Young Link for Brawl fanatic, I am going to MAIN HIM, B****ES!...or at least use him! :laugh: Watch me become the best Wind Waker Young Link player, EVER! :p :ckuckle: :laugh:

Hideyo

Smash Rookie
I am maining him.:)
He is very agile as seen in the gameplay video and looks like an overall
fun character.:chuckle:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I might not main him, but I'll use him before Link :D

Mada90

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking about it,I really like him.If he's still low tier,he'll be my main for low tier tournaments.

Rebound

Smash Rookie
He looks so awesome in the video, I'll definetely consider it :D

his dair looks so cool!

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I still don't see what everyone sees in yet again a second Link in Smash. Wasn't the Twilight Princess one enough for all you Link fans? =/

But then I saw Dark Toon Link, and I had to laugh a little. I'm definetely going to play him, but not main him. I'll play as TP Link more.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Oi, oi, oi!
Nobody thinks about the general? I'm appalled!

Of course I'll main him!

...well, and PT and Yoshi!

Z. Hoot

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I might use him over Link. Link was my main last two games, so i have to see...

legendofjelda

Smash Cadet
I'm certainly aiming for Toon Link as main. Unless he turns out a bit too 'floaty', but we'll see. The footage released so far is very, very reassuring.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am very interested in this character and have been pushing for him to be in it. I will see how he plays and if I like him.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Young Link was the first character I used when I bought Melee, as I bought a second hand memory card (I didn't know it was second hand) with some Melee data on it. So basically, most of the roster was ruined for me!

Still, I might use Adult Link as he is my Main in Melee. That doesn't mean I won't try out Toon Link though

Blue Blur

Smash Rookie
Defiantly. Link has always been in my top main characters since the beganing, and I hope to use Toon Link to feel a little bit, I don't know, is new the right word? I just wanted a drastic change for Link, and this is my answer, =D.

-Blur

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
Yep i'll main toon link, he was one of my choices who has made the cut.
I know there a tp link and other characters but when i get used to the
gameplay i'll bring my greater focus for toon link.

Hoping his final smash is worth it either way my decision is finally made .

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh yeah, I'm maining him along with Olimar, Lucario and Wolf.

I jut have to main him. Seeing him fight on his stage against Ganondorf, along with the music and the cartoony bomb explosions, brough back so many good memories....:chuckle:

So yeah, maining him for sure.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Dude, as the biggest Wind Waker Young Link for Brawl fanatic, I am going to MAIN HIM, B****ES!...or at least use him! :laugh: Watch me become the best Wind Waker Young Link player, EVER! :p :ckuckle: :laugh:
(and to everyone else)

Haha, yeah well you'll have to go through me first JK1!!! I don't know how happy I am with the choices regarding him, but the fact that he made it at all is enough reason to at least master him! (I'll keep him waiting in the wings for... aw who am I kidding, I'll MAIN HIM!!! HAHAHA! You're all going DOOOOWWWN!!!) ;) Ha... messin' of course.

EDIT: Well, as long as other people are mentioning like 3 or 4, has everyone already forgot about THE KING!? Yeah, I might end up using DDD alot too. Crap, I know there's been complaints about the roster (I haven't looked at it yet, so I can only imagine) but there's a lot of good characters to use!

Trunkin

Smash Rookie
My two main characters will be toon link or Metaknight. But alot of the other characters look cool toso I'll just have to wait and see.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
You called?

Biggest WWYLfB fanatic? Not a chance. I wanted him in before you were even born.

Wait...what?

hell yeah! i am soooo maining toon link for three reasons!
1. he's awesome
2. he kicks ***
3. hes so adorable!! ^_^!
So true. You forgot one thing, though:

He doesn't fit in with the other three LoZ characters. Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are all from TP. The fact that Hero of Winds (I will never call him Toon Link. It's a terrible name for such an awesome character. I hope they change it for the American version.) is from an entirely different game is pretty d@mn cool.

I still don't see what everyone sees in yet again a second Link in Smash. Wasn't the Twilight Princess one enough for all you Link fans? =/

But then I saw Dark Toon Link, and I had to laugh a little. I'm definetely going to play him, but not main him. I'll play as TP Link more.
To first half: NO.

To second half: Hero of Winds FTW!

Oi, oi, oi!
Nobody thinks about the general? I'm appalled!

Of course I'll main him!

...well, and PT and Yoshi!
LOL.

Any kind of Link FTW!!

Except crappy American cartoon Link.

No. Just no.
I dunno...

Taunt 1: "Well excuuuuse me, Princess!"
Taunt 2: "Kiss me, Princess."
Taunt 3: "Oh nose! I'm an incompetent b@st@rd!"

How could we forget such an atrocity! But yeah Dark Toon Link looks pretty sick.
I saw him and my eyes popped out of my head, rolled off the desk, and were down the hallway being batted around by my cats before I could find 'em again.

My two main characters will be toon link or Metaknight. But alot of the other characters look cool toso I'll just have to wait and see.
Hero of Winds, Link, Pit, Meta Knight, Ike, Marth...notice a trend here? Swordsmen?

Secondaries: Sheik, possibly R.O.B. just 'cause, maybe Mr. Game and Watch.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
1. Why'd they have to call him "Toon Link"? What was wrong with "WW Link" or "Wind Waker Link" or "Young Link"? Toon Link sounds stupid.

2. I'll use him as bout as much as Young Link. IMO, Sakurai missed a valuable chance to do give Link a "Luigi". As in similar character, slightly different moves.

3. TP > Wind Waker... Though Wind Waker was a great game. Just my favorite IS OoT and TP is more like that one so, yeah...

Link's my main and it's staying that why. But if I want Link with speed I play as WW Link.

*Refuses to use Toon Link any more because of ridiculousness *

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
1. Why'd they have to call him "Toon Link"? What was wrong with "WW Link" or "Wind Waker Link" or "Young Link"? Toon Link sounds stupid.

Hero of Winds.

2. I'll use him as bout as much as Young Link. IMO, Sakurai missed a valuable chance to do give Link a "Luigi". As in similar character, slightly different moves.

I mained YL. I don't want him changing on me. His moves, that is.

3. TP > Wind Waker... Though Wind Waker was a great game. Just my favorite IS OoT and TP is more like that one so, yeah...

TP>OoT>WW IMO. But Hero of Winds>Twilight Link

Link's my main and it's staying that why. But if I want Link with speed I play as WW Link.

Young Link's my main and it's staying that way. But if I want Link without speed I'll play as Link.

*Refuses to use Toon Link any more because of ridiculousness *
^^^Fail. Name is ridiculous, but the character is awesome.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
lol@twilight hero. I actually said that this afternoon to my roommate, "I refuse to call him Toon Link, he is Hero of Winds to me."

Coincidence or Fate???

Hero of Winds for me. Although he was probably named Toon Link because for one thing, he isn't cel-shaded, and two, because he isn't his own character, just a clone, albeit with the WW Link theme.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
lol@twilight hero. I actually said that this afternoon to my roommate, "I refuse to call him Toon Link, he is Hero of Winds to me."

Coincidence or Fate???

Hero of Winds for me. Although he was probably named Toon Link because for one thing, he isn't cel-shaded, and two, because he isn't his own character, just a clone, albeit with the WW Link theme.
I refuse to call him Toon Link. His name is Hero of Winds.

We're a pair of Wind Waker nerds, aren't we?

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Toon Link is awesome. Wind Waker is one of my favorite Zelda games of all time right next to Majora's Mask and A Link to the Past. It's an amazing game; very vast and epic; a lot of people really don't appreciate it like they should.

Like my other planned mains, Lucas and ROB, I will be definately maining this character as I love Wind Waker and the character itself. So yes, I will be maining him.

Top Bottom