• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker VS. Twilight Princess

Clownbot

Smash Lord

Which is the superior?

Let's have friendly debate/discussion here, with no flaming or spamming.

I prefer Wind Waker because of the more lighthearted cartoony art style, and I think the region is more diverse what with the Great Sea.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I liked the Wind Waker the best.

It was simply more unique. Twilight Princess seemed like the same old, same old.

Plus, the gameplay and graphics were great. If the sea wasn't so big, WW would be my favorite zelda game.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Really? I thought the sea was the best part. I myself haven't played Twilight but I sure did like WW.

Well, to be more specific, I would have liked either faster travel or less distance between islands. It always seemed to take way too long, especially early in the game where you don't have the warp song thing.

comboking

Smash Master
Wind waker is a lighter game.
TP is pretty Heavy (Darker).

You can't really compare the graphics because the styles are so different.
I can't quite tell you which one I like better. (I have no clue)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Wind waker is a lighter game.
TP is pretty Heavy (Darker).

You can't really compare the graphics because the styles are so different.
I can't quite tell you which one I like better. (I have no clue)
Twilight Princess attempted to be the dark game in the series, but failed at kicking Majora's Mask off the throne. Of course, in comparison to WW, it was much darker. If Ocarina of Time were made in 2006, it would have been just as dark, with Hyrule being corrupted and destroyed by Ganon and all.

Wind Waker gets my favor because of its charm, simplicity, yet ever-expansive world, concept, characters, and sense of renewal in the series. I love that game.

Mewter

Smash Master
Wind Waker is way lighter than Twilight Princess.

I'd say WW has more replay value, simply because you get the colored pictograph AND you get to play as Link in his pajamas.

I like Wind Waker more, to an extent, although TP's dungeons were better and it was more fast paced. I guess I liked the feel of WW more.
The music is awesome, too.

rhan

Smash Hero
I liked them both. LoZ fan 4 lyfe! <3

Windwaker:

Fun and full of humor. It's not very pretty in my eyes but it did have good puzzles and a good story behind it all. Riding the boat for about 10 minutes at a time just to get to places was a little tiersome. The battle sytem was fun. Everyone got to find out what happened after Ganon was unleashed by the sages from OoT. Final battle got me so hyper but it was simple to win.

Twilight:

It was amazing with graphics. The puzzles were all easy (only trouble I had was getting to the Master Sword). Boss battles were probably the most fun I've had. Fighting the dragon with the double clawshots was fun while giving me a challenge. Having to race to the top before the dragon got ya gave a bit of an adreneline rush. Probably the only Zelda game to make me get emotional at the end. One of the most amazing LoZ stories I have got to know.

For the argument. Twilight has my vote.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I like Wind Waker more than Twilight Princess. It just feels more original than TP to me.

XACE-K

Smash Master
WW definitely. It had a better story, better Ganon, better temples, the sailing was somewhat tedious but it was more overall.

But TP did have better weapons and Epona. So I'll give it that.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll be a rebel and say Twilight Princess. I loved every aspect of it, though by no means was Wind Waker a bad game. It was great, it's just it didn't have me ever saying 'Wow this is really awesome.'

Plus the sailing.

sammy p

Smash Lord
... as much as i loved TP(LOVED IT), WW was better for me! compared for what i thought it would be like, and how it turned out, how beautiful it was, how different characters(memorable charaters such as tetra, medli, and makar). but the sailing was a drag.....

but i seem to be going with the common answer dont i?? hah

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wind Waker for sure.

While I liked both games, TP never really made me want to go through it more then once or twice. I've gone through WW probably over 10 times and it never gets old.

Not to mention TP was wayyyy too easy :/.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Maybe it's just me (It probably is) but I found both games to be about the same difficulty.
Definitely true. I think it's considering that most of us were simply younger when we played WW (and where our best memories of the game are tied), so naturally, we remember it as a tougher experience than that of TP. Plus, TP was built on the WW engine, so in some ways, it was simply an expansion of the experience we had years under the belt with.

I played TP and WW again recently around the same time, and difficulty-wise, they are the same. WW has its challenges, TP has its. It can be inferred that one of the challenges in WW might have been a subconscious one - that some people had a hard time adjusting to the new art style. Seriously, that can effect gameplay. TP, however, felt like a revamped OoT in every way.

§leepy God

Smash Master
My mind set, I always liked older Link over the younger or Toon Link. That's why my top favorites will be Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. Wind Waker is great to.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Versus threads have a history of turning out badly. I'm not going to close this yet, but this thread is on a very short leash - if I see anything flamelike starting to appear, this thread will be closed.

With that said, WW > TP :mad:

rhan

Smash Hero
Not to mention TP was wayyyy too easy :/.
That's most Wii games for you. Wind Waker wasn't that difficult either. It was more tiedious to play when sailing around.

I like Twilight more because of the story. Windwaker's story was good. But Twilight's made me get emotional....

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Twilight Princess was the only Zelda game which I could complete... Plus, Windwaker graphics just didn't work for me. Twilight Princess is the only game which has stimulated my emotions, it's dark and I know it's not Ocarina of Time, (which I couldn't complete xP it was that hard) and the graphics are updated meaning it's going to be easier...
Obviously my vote goes to Twilight Princess, but I didn't really play much of Windwaker much because the grapics put me off too much...

XACE-K

Smash Master
Versus threads have a history of turning out badly. I'm not going to close this yet, but this thread is on a very short leash - if I see anything flamelike starting to appear, this thread will be closed.

With that said, WW > TP :mad:
These aren't the Brawl boards Skyler. Zelda fans can get along.

etecoon

Smash Hero
really hard to say. TP had much better dungeons, better bosses, the better overworld, better mini games, and had one of the series' best characters in midna. WW had better basic sword combat(even if with fewer options it was more fun IMO), ganondorf's best role to date, and IMO the best ending in the series(although the fetch quest immediately before is not so good). both games were incredibly easy lol, you have to be trying to see a game over in either. TP seems to have a better pro to con ratio to me than WW, by a lot, but WW was a lot more creative where as TP not only canabalized more of the series, but also shows a lot of obvious influences from other games which you didn't used to see as much...although in most cases these are good. slight edge to TP I think but it's close, I see both games as having a lot of untapped potential compared to their N64 counterparts, hopefully that's a gamecube thing and won't be the case with zelda wii.

Infinite Emerald

Smash Journeyman
I loved Tp but WW was just so unique compared to Tp. Overall Ww was more fun. But I do agree with most in that the ocean should be smaller, or the islands distance from each other should be smaller. Tp had great graphics which I loved but Ww just was more fun, and harder. So I am as I have stated many times going with Ww.

c3gill

Smash Ace
TP is, in my opinion, the best Zelda game (although MM is my favorite) - it seems to me to be sort of a pinnacle for the series, atm.

WW had a ****load of water.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
WW has too much water -_-

TP was much more of a successor to OoT than WW. I'm not the type to have been frustrated by the graphics but the whole concept on the boat and what not if VERY far from your "standard" Zelda.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Wind Waker had more character. And it was so cool hooking up your Gameboy advance and hearing what Tingle had to say about different things. Also it was fun finding the statues in the temples. Twilight Princess was too srs and not very memorable.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
They both had much more cons than pros unfortunately. But I have to go with Wind Waker on this one. The art style is what does it for me.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
WW's art style was more unique, and the feel of the game made it much more interesting and attention-grabbing.

However, TP had overall better dungeons, and of course, no painfully long Triforce quest. TP WAS too easy, though.

What can I say? They're even in my opinion.

Top Bottom