• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings and Brew V: Sweet Smokn' BBQ Results (Dec 12) - FULL RESULTS POSTED!

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
1st: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) - $90- good **** winning the tourney. matches were a blast and of course the after events were fun also.
2nd: Capem (Meta Knight) - $42
3rd: Fonz (Lucario) - $27- good **** this tourney, epic matchs...the japes game was too good.
4th: Quivo (Toon Link) - $15- Finally got your *** lol. was fun hanging out after the tourney.
5th: Beegs (Marth) - $8- Beegs! always a blast, nice matches man...super fun.
5th: Champ (Falco/Ice Climbers) - $8- Should have stayed falco against az. Nice job tho.
7th: Z (Meta Knight)- Your getting too good. fun hanging out afterwards too.
7th: KB (Peach)- peach is too good.
9th: Sil- pika was so clutch in draft crews, good **** in bracket man.
9th: Smashglov- falco is coming along really well man, keep it up.
9th: NewBreeze-didnt play you
9th: Wakka-Diddy dittos first round that had to suck. had a blast after the tourney
13th: Fortinium- Nice to see you again
13th: Moose- Moose we always play either in pools or in bracket. Nice to see you there and good stuff in draft crews man.
13th: Kicks-pit was too good.
13th: Framerate- Puff cheats.
17th: TheKeist- Theman! always fun hanging out with ya, glad you could make it.
17th: SoulPech-good stuff in draft crews.
17th: SoleCaliber- good stuff in the mm, zero suit is lookin good.
17th: FlyingFrenchman- Was cool meeting you, fun hangin out afterwards too.

As always I had a blast at WAB, some of the most fun tournies in ohio.

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
AlphaZealot: My name is spelled "Fortenium". Just letting you know for the bracket... Could you please correct that?? Thanks! =P

Also, quick shoutout to AZ: You are probably one of the nicest tournament-goers I have ever met. Your "goodbye" to me was really kind. I had a great time, and I hope you do more tournaments. :-)

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Singles - 20 Entrants
1st: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) - $90 - Gratz, Sorry about all this BS flying around about you. You don't deserve it. Great tournament as always they are always fun. It's always fun hanging with you afterwards, and I enjoy our sets every time.
2nd: Capem (Meta Knight) - $42 - Good ****, you got me this time.
4th: Quivo (Toon Link) - $15 - Always a blast hanging with you. We didn't play this time, but thanks again for letting us chill at your place.
5th: Beegs (Marth) - $8 - Fun matches. Good stuff on brinstar. They will be on my youtube page soon www.youtube.com/the12fonz21
5th: Champ (Falco/Ice Climbers) - $8 One day we will get him.....
7th: Z (Meta Knight) - We will train, and one day reach that pinnacle. You know what I am talking about too.
7th: KB (Peach) - Good ****. epic matches. They will be up tonight or tomorrow on my Youtube page www.youtube.com/the12fonz21
9th: Sil - Nice job, You will break through. You just need to get a match up or two solved!
9th: Smashglov - Awesome Falco. really caught me off guard with some of the things you were doing. Teach champ some of that stuff! =P (<3 champ.) You have improved tons from the last time we played.
9th: NewBreeze - Gratz
9th: Wakka - We will figure out his secret!
13th: Fortinium - Ganondorf is awesome =D
13th: Moose - Good to see you again. Keep Improving.
13th: Kicks - Gratz
13th: Framerate - Lucario is the better Pokemon! =P Gratz. Good to see you again.
17th: TheKeist - Your awesome sir you truly are. I will have my video's up by tomorrow sometime.
17th: SoulPech - Gratz
17th: SoleCaliber - Hahaha good **** beating Capem in the MM. That was funny.
17th: FlyingFrenchman - Gratz. Fun hanging with you.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Az is a cool dude. Always fun to play when he comes down to Md/Va.

M2k needs to stop whining when Az made the rules perfectly clear.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, the payout totals $190. Kinda confused where the last $10 went, but it tends to happen at a lot of tournaments when I actually run calculations so whatever.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've always been open that I do not pay entry to tournaments I run (I do pay venue fee though, lol). This seems to be a common practice from other TO's I've talked to and also as you have noted Ankoku from your observations. Essentially my incentive for spending money on things like outlet muliplyers/surge protectors/convertors/pens/sharpies/poster boards/etc (poster boards/pens/sharpies being a recurring cost each event of roughly $10-15 in themselves - although this last tournament I was very careful to try to collect all the pens at the end of the event) is that I don't have to fork over the extra cash to enter the same tournament I am running and had already put a good deal of effort and money to get off the ground.

Regardless, I think Mr. E was more hinting at the simply small number for 1st place, and that is cause we pay out to 5th and it was a 20 person event. 1st place should not be greedy and get the 60-70% of the pot that many tournaments still use as standard. I want to build the scene around the mid-level players, and the best way to do that is to make, at the very least, getting some money back an attainable goal for at least half the competition in attendance.

To everyone, I enjoyed playing you all.

NEOH - Thank you guys for supporting me in the rounds I played. I really thank you for watching me 2-0 Quivo. That's my biggest accomplishment at this tournament.

AZ - Keep it up at hosting sweet *** tournaments!

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
I had a ton of fun at this tourney (even though I was really rusty >.<), <3 Wings n Brew.

1st: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) - Grats on first, your tournies are always so much fun
2nd: Capem (Meta Knight) - Sorry about our pools match, I was drained from the match before and knew how our matches always turn out :p Eventually I'll be able to beat you.. hopefully :X
3rd: Fonz (Lucario) - Grats on 3rd, draft crews was too much fun :p
4th: Quivo (Toon Link) - Grats on 4th, didn't get to play you :/
5th: Beegs (Marth) - <3. nuff said >.>
5th: Champ (Falco/Ice Climbers) - Good to see you again, didn't play though :/
7th: Z (Meta Knight) - Didn't play, grats on 2nd in teams
7th: KB (Peach) - Good to see you again, I was surprised you remembered me :O And that Sheik ditto was too scary, I would hate losing to a Sheik :X Your Peach is too good
9th: Sil - Pikachu.. :mad:
9th: Smashglov - Intense brackets match, keep working on that Falco.
9th: NewBreeze - Didn't play, impressive teams matches with Glov
9th: Wakka - Good seeing you again :D
13th: Fortenium - I think the last time I saw you was at Wings n Brew 1 :O
13th: Moose - Stop rolling :/
13th: Kicks - Nice to meet you, pools/brackets were intense. Nice Pit, you should come to Quivo's smashfests
13th: Framerate - Melee was a lot of fun even though I suck :O
17th: TheKeist - I still have never played you.. this needs to change :O Also, your Santa hat was too good
17th: SoulPech - Good **** in draft crews :p
17th: SoleCaliber - Didn't play :/
17th: FlyingFrenchman - GG's in pools, keep practicing and coming to tournaments

For all of you that have asked, CRUNCH will be back sometime late this week, so he might be at the next tourney I go to. It was great seeing all of you again... I'll try to improve and get rid of my bad habits. Peace :bee:

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm taking suggestions for dates for the next WaB (sometime in late Jan/Feb '10). If you have ideas feel free to post them in the WaB thread in the MW regional zone.

I'm also taking suggestions for the next Delta Upsilon Tournament (w/ no cap).

Smash Glov

Smash Cadet
1st: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) - $90 didnt get to play thanks for the complements on my play i want some friendlys ^_^
2nd: Capem (Meta Knight) - $42 nice job on second i need some friendlys to figure mk out more!
3rd: Fonz (Lucario) - $27 great lucario wish my controller didnt **** out on me needz moar friendlys
4th: Quivo (Toon Link) - $15 haha u wrecked me in pools good ****
5th: Beegs (Marth) - $8 u gatta **** spaghetti..... good **** mang
5th: Champ (Falco/Ice Climbers) - $8 i still think you need man up and camp on opheon haha im gonna figure out them ice grabbers if it kills me! PEW PEW!
7th: Z (Meta Knight)gg's mang!!!! ill get you next time! FRIENDLYS??!!
7th: KB (Peach)NEOH!!!!!!!!!!!!! c ya at the next one awesome peach ^_^
9th: Sil we will get our mm next time fa sho! lol
9th: Smashglov scrub!
9th: NewBreeze **** you xD stop killing me in teams! im ur buddys i haz gun :D
9th: Wakka didnt get to play i wanna see how that diddys improved!
13th: Fortenium played you in teams i think? gg's
13th: Moose sick *** sheik you have me shaking by game 3 keep it up!
13th: Kicks lovin the pit pls stay pit i wanna see some pit i the top 10s and u can do it!
13th: Framerate jigs v falco is tough both ways but ur kirby wrecked me good **** man
17th: TheKeist we didnt play at this one for once did we?
17th: SoulPech nice job keep commin and playin friendlys u will pick this **** up ur good
17th: SoleCaliber sole we didnt play thanks for drivin tho haha good **** beating capem in a mm
17th: FlyingFrenchman played in teams i think? gg's

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Great event as always, someday I'll catch up to everyone else.

1st: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) - Grats on breaking the curse. I get an auto spot every time right? RIGHT!?!?!?!?!

2nd: Capem (Meta Knight) - Grats on 2nd, though I think you all need to pull a John Madden on your videos and review your style "move by move". Even I was predicting when you would do stuff...

3rd: Fonz (Lucario) - Grats on 3rd. I know you were trying to cheer me up, but its better in the long run to realize that you lost due to lack of skill than assuming you are good and just got "Screwed over". Also use that connector thingy in crews so your Gannon cheats.

4th: Quivo (Toon Link) - We need to level me up somehow....

5th: Beegs (Marth) - "One small step for man, one giant leap UP YOUR A$$!" Fun crews.

5th: Champ (Falco/Ice Climbers) - I can't wait till you surpass Lain.

7th: Z (Meta Knight) - I'm still trying to figure out why you can't get into the money at these things.... GL on the house

7th: KB (Peach) - Thanks for coming down, I do have othe Santa Hats, but it'll be out of season when we meet again.

9th: Sil - "OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! SH*T!" This is why you have to go
pikachu in every crew battle I'm teamed with you.

9th: Smashglov - We did not play against each other this time, though it would ahve been the same as Delat.. :(

9th: NewBreeze - I need to play you.

9th: Wakka - Kirby somehow has the advantage against TL in general and then some on Rainbow. VOTE IN THE OUGA FORUMS FOR STAGE STUFF!!!

13th: Fortenium - Good games, though you gotta stop spamming that D-smash. Yes it'll hit, but f-tilts and d-tilts can too AND they are just as safe to use. Plus it'll save the killing power for when you really need it.

13th: Moose - Your statement is false. We have in doubles :p.

13th: Kicks - I also need to play you.

13th: Framerate - "LOAD THE CANNON!!!!!!!!" Good win with Fox. Our puffs got stale, but we can always buy a new bag (we can get it right next time)

17th: TheKeist - At least I'm better than everyone else at Contra Rebirth.

17th: SoulPech - Also need to play you

17th: SoleCaliber - Great MM win. I discovered through our match that I was behind by exactly the same amount you hit me with due to the items (which is how it should be)

17th: FlyingFrenchman - Great Friendlies. Check out my youtube page for Contra Videos (youtube/user/TheKiest.... or whatever the URL is)

If the tournes switch to twice a month, I'll only go once a month to free up a spot. (I could still go to draft crews later....)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've uploaded the results to AiB. Should take a day or two to process.

Make AiB profiles people! Every Ohio Circuit event is on there with every entrant along with every Wings and brew. You can have all the info of who you have played all in one place!

Time for my shoutouts!

1st: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) - The curse is broken!
2nd: Capem (Meta Knight) - Good **** man you are super hard to fight you know the Diddy MU so well.
3rd: Fonz (Lucario) - Taking Lucario to the next level! Thanks for keeping on eye on things at my place and thanks for the set ups as always!
4th: Quivo (Toon Link) - Dang Q I know you could have beat everyone at this tournament! We need to get back into the swing of things we are to rusty! Our teams performance was :(
5th: Beegs (Marth) - Nice! Good stuff beating Q in winners as well!
5th: Champ (Falco/Ice Climbers) - Falco is a much better choice vs Diddy than Ice Climbers. Nice work taking me/Q out in winners/losers in doubles!
7th: Z (Meta Knight) - Good **** in doubles! You are stepping it up and when I return we will keep working on your game.
7th: KB (Peach) - Not quite the performance of last week but still good. You got me in pools again but bracket is where its at man! Best Peach in MW, maybe country right here.
9th: Sil - Your ROB gave me a run for my money. Its getting there keep up the good work.
9th: Smashglov - Dang, good placement, you are getting better and better man I hope you make it out to more events
9th: NewBreeze - CBUSSSS. We need to get together with all the columbus peeps! Sorry we took yo and Smashglov out in doubles!
9th: Wakka - Diddy represent! Fun chillin with you again post-tournament
13th: Fortenium - I'm glad to see you again and I hope you can make it out to future events!
13th: Moose - That Sheik is just to **** sexy. Tiers suck don't they?
13th: Kicks - W00t. I hadn't seen you in so long I barely recognized you at first but it was great seeing you and I hope next time you stay after for the crew battle cause its mad fun!
13th: Framerate - Jigglypuff represent. To bad Enrish didn't make it you guys could have Jiggy Ditto'd hahaa. I'm sorry about the doubles situation but and I hope it didn't ruin the whole event for you.
17th: TheKiest - Kiest it is always a please having you at my events. You always help out when you can and are just awesome to be around, especially during draft crews. HILARIOUS STUFF! Keep working on that Kirby! You will always have a spot at WaB.
17th: SoulPech - I saw you won a game in pools, which I think was better than last week? Nice work, its a slow process and we have all been there! Keep working hard!
17th: SoleCaliber - Thanks for making it out again, always nice to have you, sorry you were stuck in my pool, which I think may have been the hardest?
17th: FlyingFrenchman - Fun chillin with you back at my place, I hope we'll be seeing each other more often!

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Most of the video's are up! More are uploading as I Speak! check them out on my page.

www.youtube.com/the12fonz21

also, Keist everyone has room for improvement. The difference is can you figure out what your doing wrong and fix it. If you would like any help figuring it out I would be more then happy to help brainstorm ideas'! I'm sure many others would be willing to help as well.

QUIVO

Smash Master
1st: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) - Good **** finally winning one of your singles event! Sorry we did so poorly in doubles :( By the way, ignore all them haters. We know the truth. We need to crunch and practice like last yea rlol
2nd: Capem (Meta Knight) - Good **** getting 2nd and finally beating me!! lol. It was too fun hanging out with you afterwards. Sorry you felt uncomfortable at times lol : (
3rd: Fonz (Lucario) - We didn't get to play this time : ( I can't believe how smart/good you've gotten. Fun times afterwards
4th: Quivo (Toon Link) - sigh... : (
5th: Beegs (Marth) - Good **** beating me man! Your Marth has made a lot of improvement and I liked what i saw. By the way, I haven't hit my prime yet! I'm just in a slump! A very long one....
5th: Champ (Falco/Ice Climbers) - Who's the best cat in the united states? It's you champer damper. Rofl, I thought you were too fun after the tournament. By the way, you should've beat me!
7th: Z (Meta Knight) - Getting too good. We need to train you son! Thanks for bringing Otto to my place, and I hope you didn't get in trouble with your wife
7th: KB (Peach) - Your peach is too sexy and good. I loved playing you. You should've really won our set man. You'll get me next time! I know it!
9th: Sil - Silllll sorry we didn't get to play : ( It was fun hanging out though!
9th: Smashglov - Good **** in our pools match! Always a pleasure seeing you
9th: NewBreeze - Sorry, i'm not sure who you are : (
9th: Wakka - WAGGGGA!! rofl. Your TL in the draft crew was sickkkk. Dair to spike to suicide rofl. Always a blast hanging out with you. You were ridiculous after the tourny
13th: Fortenium - GGs in pools!
13th: Moose - MOOOSE, we'll play next time, I promise. Just ask me lol
13th: Kicks - I don't think we've actually met, but your pit looked pretty cool! Friendlies next time?
13th: Framerate -I'm your number 1 fanboy. Jiggs tooooo gooooood. I'm sorry I always let you down :(
17th: TheKeist - Keist, I'll help you. Sorry I haven't been. Next time, let's sit down and play. I'll try to give tips and do critiquing.
17th: SoulPech - GAW in draft crews was too good.
17th: SoleCaliber - GGs in our friendlies
17th: FlyingFrenchman - It was nice meeting you! I hope you enjoyed the tournament and hope to see you more! Fun hanging out afterwards too!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Lol, I just looked over my matches with Fonz. It was a great set but I'm disappointed with how I played. I overshot and became desperate to land my fairs instead of staying versatile with my moveset probably because I was a little edgy from the aura spheres and f-smashes (Wakka has the same effect on me ROFL), and I saw a lot of grab opportunities that I didn't take advantage of. I cringed at the crazy amount of easy shieldgrabs he got on me. Ah well, I'll study it, avoid the same mistakes, and play the matchup better. You played great though Fonz, I am by no means taking away your win. ^.^

Framerate

Smash Lord
AZ I was just giving you a hard time about doubles. I'll get over it. If I really wanted to place well I just gotta play well, y'know?

Quivo, you're the man!

Shoutouts to come eventually (maybe...)

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Singles - 20 Entrants

1st: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) - Your too Pro at running these, and I wont go so easy on you next time. Good **** on first. Post tourney was amazing, tho you might want to brush up on a secondary. XD (btw Q and me were trading off on who was ??? at your house, MINDGAMES SON!)

2nd: Capem (Meta Knight) - Moar nado spam! Crazy close matches.

4th: Quivo (Toon Link) - Post tourney was too good, thanks again for letting us crash at your place.

5th: Beegs (Marth) - good **** BEEGS CREW!! was great hanging with you again, still working on that MK MU.

7th: Z (Meta Knight) - We'll have to get some games in, had TONS of fun after the tourney.

7th: KB (Peach) - Great hanging with you, that peach is NASTY!

9th: Sil - once i learn to land that final hit, i swear ill go undefeated.

9th: Smashglov - We'll get our MM next time, ill be waiting.

9th: Wakka - Ill do better in teams next time, we'll win it.

13th: Fortenium - sorry I had to time you out, man but MK can be tough, and I've never played as Diddy on Norfair. I was really a ROB main in disguise.

13th: Moose - Dude, im sorry. We finally get to play, and its my pika CGing your fox 0-110% in draft crews. We'll get some friendlies next time.

13th: Kicks - Good pit man, you've got alot of good movement tricks, keep it up!

13th: Framerate - Your way better than this, great seeing you again. GOD PIES!!

17th: TheKeist - OH! OH! OH! HAHAHA Tourneys with you are the best!! GAWD PIES!!!

17th: SoulPech - Watch some Framerate vids! and have fun practicing with Juu.

17th: SoleCaliber - Sole you had the toughest Pools, sorry this had to happen. Your getting soo good.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Jokey be nice, he doesn't know.

Lol good luck finding good vids of me....

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Kiest all my video's have been uploaded except 4 games (They are uploading now) but they are all stuff I recorded so everything I took from you is online. Thanks again.

Q, I want to fight you again when you are at your prime. I want it to be a real win.

Fonz - Did the matches between Capem and I get recorded also?

Yes, Kb is the best Peach in the Midwest for sure!

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I was hinting as "wtf AZ won his own tourney" but thanks for assuming me a more astute observer than I really am. :upsidedown:

Top Bottom