• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings of Icarus attack

yawg

Smash Rookie
Has anyone else noticed this? I don't know how good it'll be, but I'm gonna try to work it into my game, at the very least for mindgames.

A short hopped dair fast fall is SLOWER than an Up+B dair fast fall. the Up+B gives you a little boost up, which is faster than the hop, and you can dair at any time in the motion. Then you can fast fall after the dair. Since most chars in the game are weak to attacks coming from diagonals (about 45 degree angles) to the ground, I think you can use this to get a dair attack in from that direction. I haven't tested that last part yet, but I will.

Thoughts?

Leggo

Smash Cadet
i've done that before, but it technically isnt faster cause theres a bit of time that it takes for the wings of icarus to go off, so yea...also the fact is if you do that, and get knocked off the map or anything before touching the ground, you also will lose your recovery which is never good, but yeah for mind games i have used it, just gotta be careful and what not

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Yeah, like Leggo said, it's too dangerous. Happened to me before. Maybe on a big stage, and at a low %. If you have a high %, you should always avoid up B like the plague.

Goombaguy

Smash Rookie
I feel the down-air shouldn't fast-fall out of a short hop, or else there will be landing delay. Just let the short-hop carry itself out, and you'll be ready to go once you land. Otherwise, regardless of how close you were to being done when you land, you'll be going through the same delay.

Top Bottom