• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
Hello gah. :)
You actually don't know me, but it's nice to meet you.
*goes back to lurking*

Kinetic

Smash Apprentice
Hi dudes, also, Ishie you are mean for locking my HERRO THREAD. I was just being polite!

Kidding, but really, I'm sorry about that. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to introduce myself, I'd always seen so many others do it so I just assumed it was fine. =P

Also, Seagull mentioned how Georgia only had a few good people? What's weird is, I've actually seen BigLou at a tournament before and I wasn't aware he was really good until recently. (After seeing him play Luigi at MLG)

In other news, is anyone else excited about the BBR discussion over Wolf? It's good to see how much of a favorable review he got from so many of the back room. I expected the thread to be full of ROAR CHAIN GRABS SON, but it was a pleasant surprise.

Kinetic

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry D: but I'm a big bair fan!
Heh, yeah! I love Bair too. But I like using spaced Fairs too, not only because its really good for mixups, but Fair looks pretty baller when you autocancel it. It almost looks like it "flattens" the hitbox a little bit.

D

Deleted member

I'm excited for our discussion, but at the same time, I wish there was more discussion going on.

Oh well....better than a lot of the other character discussions.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Hi dudes, also, Ishie you are mean for locking my HERRO THREAD. I was just being polite!

Kidding, but really, I'm sorry about that. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to introduce myself, I'd always seen so many others do it so I just assumed it was fine. =P

Also, Seagull mentioned how Georgia only had a few good people? What's weird is, I've actually seen BigLou at a tournament before and I wasn't aware he was really good until recently. (After seeing him play Luigi at MLG)

In other news, is anyone else excited about the BBR discussion over Wolf? It's good to see how much of a favorable review he got from so many of the back room. I expected the thread to be full of ROAR CHAIN GRABS SON, but it was a pleasant surprise.
Lol nothing to apologize for :) It's not exactly against the rules to make one, but if you do you can pretty much guarantee it's going to be locked once a mod logs on :p

I'm not too pleased with the BBR discussion tbh :x I see them in other discussions mentioning that characters have ways to get around the tactics that cripple them but doesn't seem like anyone was too intent on mentioning that with Wolf. Honestly, main thing I saw was people saying "he's pretty solid overall, but recovery and CGs mean he shouldn't go anywhere". Looks like Wolf is going to go down, or more like everyone else is going to move up past him. But not like where you are on the tier list actually changes the qualities of your character ;D

I'm sorry D: but I'm a big bair fan!
It's okay, I forgive you <3 lol do you alt Wolf?

:059:

Kinetic

Smash Apprentice
Lol nothing to apologize for :) It's not exactly against the rules to make one, but if you do you can pretty much guarantee it's going to be locked once a mod logs on :p

I'm not too pleased with the BBR discussion tbh :x I see them in other discussions mentioning that characters have ways to get around the tactics that cripple them but doesn't seem like anyone was too intent on mentioning that with Wolf. Honestly, main thing I saw was people saying "he's pretty solid overall, but recovery and CGs mean he shouldn't go anywhere". Looks like Wolf is going to go down, or more like everyone else is going to move up past him. But not like where you are on the tier list actually changes the qualities of your character ;D

It's okay, I forgive you <3 lol do you alt Wolf?

A lot of the BBR mentioned they think that Wolf could go up, which I think is promising, I think that top of D tier is worthy just because of Kain's performance alone, He's certainly better than Donkey Kong. That's just me though.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Sexy Rita has and always will be sexy Rita.
Don't you furget that, Gah.
Trust me I haven't, and will never furget that, Espy.

Hello gah. :)
You actually don't know me, but it's nice to meet you.
*goes back to lurking*
Nice to meet you as well.

And... not so sure i should even mention this... I might get banned from the Wolf boards... but... as much as i absolutely adore bair...
i think i like fair better...

Yikarur

Smash Master
I don't play Wolf myself but the person I've played the most since brawl release does play him and he does it perfectly! (Semifer <3)

Kinetic

Smash Apprentice
I agree with you on Wolf being better than DK, Kinetic. :3
Yeah, I think D tier is all wrong honestly. DK needs to go down some and Fox/Wolf basically need to share a spot IMO. Luigi needs to move up to the bottom of C as far as I'm concerned. Pit should probably move down to take Luigi's spot. I think there is a lot of hype characters right now, a lot of people seem to think Fox is going to go up a lot, but I think Wolf has the potential to go up as well, maybe to the bottom of C if we all stepped up to the plate. Wolf's bad match ups are really exaggerated and he has so many options in his terrestrial game as well as his aerial one that its almost saddening how good he'd be without his specific weight/height properties.

tekkie

Smash Master
Yeah, I think D tier is all wrong honestly. DK needs to go down some and Fox/Wolf basically need to share a spot IMO. Luigi needs to move up to the bottom of C as far as I'm concerned. Pit should probably move down to take Luigi's spot. I think there is a lot of hype characters right now, a lot of people seem to think Fox is going to go up a lot, but I think Wolf has the potential to go up as well, maybe to the bottom of C if we all stepped up to the plate. Wolf's bad match ups are really exaggerated and he has so many options in his terrestrial game as well as his aerial one that its almost saddening how good he'd be without his specific weight/height properties.
DK is really really good in the hands of an excellent player. also, he has really good players representing him. good DK's are scary, although i definitely think the matchup is in wolf's favor

Kinetic

Smash Apprentice
DK is really really good in the hands of an excellent player. also, he has really good players representing him. good DK's are scary, although i definitely think the matchup is in wolf's favor
I don't doubt that Donkey Kong isn't dangerous in the hands of someone like Cable but I just think DK mains have underperformed overall. DK's bad matchups are just WORSE for him overall compared to Wolf's bad matchups (which are more numerous granted, but they come up more rarely in tournaments)

I think Wolf is just a more solid character overall, but that may just be because I am a Wolf main.

EDIT: I will admit that Donkey Kong is a POWERHOUSE in doubles though. Momentum canceling and huge power, he's the best (And most fun) stock tank as far as I am concerned. Also, his up-B combined with his variety of kill moves and pretty deceptive speed for his size class make me like him a lot, I think him and Wolf are really similar, I just think the size of his hit box holds him back a lot more than Wolf's keen ability to get chain grabbed to hell and back.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
She's not a kid, KRD.
Those brothers of hers are kids. Not her.

Besides, NOT LIKE THAT YOU **** FOOL.
Get your head outta the gutter.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
A lot of the BBR mentioned they think that Wolf could go up, which I think is promising, I think that top of D tier is worthy just because of Kain's performance alone, He's certainly better than Donkey Kong. That's just me though.
O.o I... must have totally missed that part... lmao. And idk, I think that mid tier is going to be super gigantic (as it should be imo :3), but as the tier list stands now I agree that it sounds about fair to place Wolf at borderline C/D tier. Mid tier is and probably always will be a mess imo X_x so many characters that can be viable at the top level but don't have simple attributes that make them "easily" viable :x

DK... I dunno. He counters Marth from what I hear, which is really impressive :o Idk if he has sufficient tactics to avoid grabs though, so the D3 infinite kinda messes up his viability as a solo main :urg:

And... not so sure i should even mention this... I might get banned from the Wolf boards... but... as much as i absolutely adore bair...
i think i like fair better...
I'll let you off with a warning this time :p lol.

Nah, fair is a great move :3 I love how ridiculous the disjoint is, and keeping it fresh really helps for kills against characters that don't like to leave themselves open for a dsmash :x

I don't play Wolf myself but the person I've played the most since brawl release does play him and he does it perfectly! (Semifer <3)
<3 Semifer :3 Intelligent guy. Needs to post more :< lol. Also, it must kinda suck that your primary training partner's main hard counters yours xD

Espy, aren't you an adult and isn't Rita a kid fox? And don't forget that Rita is an animal. Stop fitting in with the rest of the wolf boards!

It's just GoldenAdept, I swear D:

What have you done with Tekkie :urg:

Kinetic

Smash Apprentice
I won't quote you Ishie, to big a post to make look good. =P But yeah, I agree. I think Mid tier should be nice and fat. There are a lot of characters that would be viable if it weren't for just one or two bad attributes. I think that pretty much all of D/E tier is like that. Aside from Bowser, who I honestly think is more top of F tier material. I think Wolf could get as High as the bottom of C and I'd be satisfied with his placement. Top of D will probably be where he ends up before its all over though.

Personally I don't think the order matters too much, pretty much everyone in D tier has decent potential and suffer from just one too many bad properties that hinder them. However, feel that C tier should include Luigi at the bottom definitely, and both Ike and PT need to move up some tiers. (Ike especially)

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
what lies are ish spreading about me now? D: that i'm a furry rapist? o_O

*stares at dancing foxes* hmmm... there's possibility hidden in there.

i think ish should be next on my "to do" list D;<

tekkie

Smash Master
What have you done with Tekkie :urg:
i dont think wofl loses to everyone, but i also dont think he is as super godly as everyone for some reason seems to think. beating gnw? seriously? especially because we have never had any discussion from good players on other boards. hell, we don't even have any good discussion on our own boards. so when i hear "wolf beats diddy 60-40 lolol" its kinda ridiculous

Kinetic

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Wolf beats Diddy 60:40 at all, but I don't think he has any match up so crippling that he can't do well at tournaments. We have the tools to avoid getting grabbed, and our match up with MK isn't like TERRIBLE. Wolf is pretty solid. I doubt we will be winning any nationals, especially against MK's and Snakes as good as M2K and Ally, but Shaky caused an upset with Ness at MLG, I don't see why we couldn't do the same.

Gah777

Smash Lord
wolf is a bad character maybe once you realize this you can get BETTER but if you stick around and lie to yourself your doing no good
wow Wolf is a terrible character. i mean, really, just horrible.he's really a bad character and is completely crappy. he's absolutely sucky and just complete **** overall.

am i better yet?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I won't quote you Ishie, to big a post to make look good. =P But yeah, I agree. I think Mid tier should be nice and fat. There are a lot of characters that would be viable if it weren't for just one or two bad attributes. I think that pretty much all of D/E tier is like that. Aside from Bowser, who I honestly think is more top of F tier material. I think Wolf could get as High as the bottom of C and I'd be satisfied with his placement. Top of D will probably be where he ends up before its all over though.

Personally I don't think the order matters too much, pretty much everyone in D tier has decent potential and suffer from just one too many bad properties that hinder them. However, feel that C tier should include Luigi at the bottom definitely, and both Ike and PT need to move up some tiers. (Ike especially)
I agree with basically everything except for maybe Luigi :p I want to see what it's like for Luigis when everyone starts camping and keeping Luigi out of boxing range, but for this tier list I'd say that it's definitely fair to move him up a bit due to tournament results and whatnot.

what lies are ish spreading about me now? D: that i'm a furry rapist? o_O

*stares at dancing foxes* hmmm... there's possibility hidden in there.

i think ish should be next on my "to do" list D;<
Wasn't I already next? Come on, you're almost three months late with my birthday gift :3

i dont think wofl loses to everyone, but i also dont think he is as super godly as everyone for some reason seems to think. beating gnw? seriously? especially because we have never had any discussion from good players on other boards. hell, we don't even have any good discussion on our own boards. so when i hear "wolf beats diddy 60-40 lolol" its kinda ridiculous
This... is very very true. I'm actually working on some of the MU stuff now actually (the new thread), but yeah... it really helps to have actual definitions for the numbers that everyone agrees on >_>

I don't think Wolf beats Diddy 60:40 at all, but I don't think he has any match up so crippling that he can't do well at tournaments. We have the tools to avoid getting grabbed, and our match up with MK isn't like TERRIBLE. Wolf is pretty solid. I doubt we will be winning any nationals, especially against MK's and Snakes as good as M2K and Ally, but Shaky caused an upset with Ness at MLG, I don't see why we couldn't do the same.
I like you. lol but yeah, as you said before, a gigantic mid tier, y'know? A lot of characters in this game have enough potential to be successful, just not as much potential as top tier + MK >_>

oh this is going too fast!
I know @_@ Hence why I always post with a gigantic series of quotes lmao... and also why I have to skip all the excellent comments about Carcanine :<

wolf is a bad character maybe once you realize this you can get BETTER but if you stick around and lie to yourself your doing no good
Define "bad" character :x But yeah, I completely agree. Only by accepting the limitations of your character can you get better. And every character (except maybe MK) has limitations. I feel like sometimes we might be a bit too optimistic with our matchups because so few people come in from the other side to say anything about it :x

Accepting limitations =/= bad character though :x

Kinetic

Smash Apprentice
Define "bad" character :x But yeah, I completely agree. Only by accepting the limitations of your character can you get better. And every character (except maybe MK) has limitations. I feel like sometimes we might be a bit too optimistic with our matchups because so few people come in from the other side to say anything about it :x

Accepting limitations =/= bad character though :x

I completely agree with this sentiment. Knowing your limits is good, and knowing your weaknesses allows you to ultimately overcome them.

Also, in regards to Luigi, Ishie. I think Luigi mains like BigLou and Boss will be able to adapt to the changes, honestly. I can see a few match ups getting really bad but Luigi will definitely be a regional force if not a national one. I doubt you will see him winning any nationals like MLG or anything like that, but despite his bad approach and susceptibility to camping I think the fact that hes SUCH a good boxer makes up for it.

More than anything I just think Luigi's story is a romantic one, he's the lone aggressive in-fighter amongst a sea of campy, defensive pricks. Playing Luigi is difficult to do, and watching him fight is always so amusing, he's always in such a rush-down to stomp his opponent before he gets wrecked. You know?

Everyone loves an underdog.

Snake is a better Ryu.
HADOUKEN
10hadoukens

Top Bottom