• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

.AC.

Smash Lord
maybe if you buffer it, or maybe it's character specific or something.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
where can i find kill %s for wolf?
Let's see how well i nkow wolf (these are all guesses) middle of FD with good DI

dsmash vs:

bat: 130%
cobra: 155%
little monkey: 130%
bluebird: 130%
fat evil italian: 147%
homosexual prince: 138%
buttbuddies: 140%
littleman who likes flowers: 130%
pick at you: 132%
fat penguin: 160%
gaymancrotch: 137%
furry fighting type: 140%

meh i'm too lazy to do anymore

.AC.

Smash Lord
thanks, i needed to know since i used dsmash a little bit too early and it cost me the match against a certain top mk during the weekend.

also need tips on staying calm.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
is listening to music allowed where you play? i've heard that that's helpful, i listen to music during friendlies and against my friends.
making sure to breath helps too, it sounds stupid but when you're occupied with playing smash your body can involuntarily forget to breath regulary as it focuses and it gets increasingly hard to focus/make smart choices

_Kain_

Smash Champion
thanks, i needed to know since i used dsmash a little bit too early and it cost me the match against a certain top mk during the weekend.

also need tips on staying calm.
This. I also need to learn how to do this. I been ****ing up way to much lately

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i think i'm gonna be picking up peach to go along with wolf/snake for a while. been messing around with her and i like her playstyle a lot. she was my melee main way back when so it should prove to be enjoyable

Kinetic

Smash Apprentice
Not to change the subject randomly, but have you dudes seen the crazy **** going down in tactical discussion lately? The bbr is banning **** that even has the words "MK", "Metaknight", or "HE THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED" in it. And people are making "Why aren't we banning MK yet?" posts like every three seconds, it seems like some kind of Gehenna of the smash community.

Susa got demoted and is currently in the process of trying to get himself banned or something, and a lot of regular posters, (Even dudes who aren't normally this persistent, like Ripple) are starting to get up in arms. It seems like its getting pretty gnarly and the BBR doesn't seem to be making any kind of issuance on the matter. Espy hangs out in this thread quite a bit; maybe he can enlighten me?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Enlighten you guys on what, exactly?

I'm personally actually, while not necessarily in agreement with all of SuSa's threads, in full support of what he's doing, and I honestly got FURIOUS when I found out that Meta Knight discussion in tactical was banned.

Kinetic

Smash Apprentice
Enlighten you guys on what, exactly?

I'm personally actually, while not necessarily in agreement with all of SuSa's threads, in full support of what he's doing, and I honestly got FURIOUS when I found out that Meta Knight discussion in tactical was banned.

I meant to just enlighten me personally about the BBR's thoughts on MK, and if they were going to eventually address the current situation. While Susa is the big progenitor of this, I think, quite a few people seem upset about it, so I think its worth addressing, you know?

Its not like a huge deal to me or anything, (Personally I am for the ban, but just for the big splash it'd cause in the metagame, I really like drastic change, and I think a Metagame not completely focused on MK would be fun to see) but I was just curious how you felt about it. Even being for the ban, I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter much either way for people who only play Wolf. Wolf's match up against MK isn't like awful or anything, and less MKs just means more Warios, D3s, and Pikachus to gay us.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Looks like my Wolf is about to level up and learn Jumpshine. Time to learn lots match-ups and how to implement all the stuff I learned in each one now.

PS MK shouldn't be banned.

:059:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Not sure that I'm able to properly answer that, Kinetic. Perhaps you should take it up with Pierce. He might have more insight.

PS: Meta Knight should be banned.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
If MK gets banned the better, IDC if more D3's appear that's why I got a pocket Falco now

Gah777

Smash Lord
Not sure that I'm able to properly answer that, Kinetic. Perhaps you should take it up with Pierce. He might have more insight.

PS: Meta Knight should be banned.
Naw, MK shouldn't be banned. We should just implement the 1.5 damage multiplier in standard tourneys.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Why would more D3s appear? Ice Climbers become more viable...
...but then ICs counters become more viable...
...but then their counters become viable...
...but then-

@Gah: I love dying to a single attack at 0%.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i don't personally care if he's banned or not, but MK is a broken character unless we go by japanese rules

Bead

Smash Ace
Naw, MK shouldn't be banned. We should just implement the 1.5 damage multiplier in standard tourneys.
^^^this
It drew my attention and i would like to see this to see what would happen.
Maybe get that whole 4 stock thing going on again. Though some true comboes and stuff would be broken or w/e

I also think that ppl who play MK are just in it for the money and not the experience. If they want money, get a job or suck some ****

Gah777

Smash Lord
i don't personally care if he's banned or not, but MK is a broken character unless we go by japanese rules
what the 10 ledgegrab rule?

^^^this
It drew my attention and i would like to see this to see what would happen.
Maybe get that whole 4 stock thing going on again. Though some true comboes and stuff would be broken or w/e

I also think that ppl who play MK are just in it for the money and not the experience. If they want money, get a job or suck some ****
lol did you see my sig?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
On the contrary. He's only a broken character if we go by north american rules.

Edit: Main difference between japanese and american ruleset is that the japanese don't serve MK free wins on a silver platter.

_Kain_

Smash Champion

Edit: Main difference between japanese and american ruleset is that the japanese don't serve MK free wins on a silver platter.

He's broken period. The fact that people deny it is ignorant. He has priority, and answers for every option, and CP's up the ***. I don't care if he's banned or not, and I actually think he's a fun MU to play, but acting like he isn't broken or admitting it is just dumb

Kinetic

Smash Apprentice
Why would more D3s appear? Ice Climbers become more viable...
...but then ICs counters become more viable...
...but then their counters become viable...
...but then-

@Gah: I love dying to a single attack at 0%.

Im kind of wishy-washy on the subject. On one hand I really like watching a lot of top MKs play, mostly Seibrik who tends to be really kinetic/aggressive in play as opposed to PLANK. At least infrequently, anyway... I also tend to enjoy playing around on MK, but wouldn't really miss him if he was gone.

However, I think a game that wasn't so focused on the META-game (heh) would be a lot healthier for the scene overall. Akuma was on a better tier than every other character, too.

That's a joke obviously, as MK isn't nearly as bad as Akuma was, but still, you get the idea. Banning Mk makes a lot of other characters way better, and will just increase variety by a sizable margin I think.

castorpollux

Smash Champion

i'm talking about the japanese stages. MK is less broken on neutral stages.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
i'm talking about the japanese stages. MK is less broken on neutral stages.
The BBR recommends the use of broken stages, which happen to affect MK less than other characters and american TOs follow. Some stages are just broken and shouldn't be allowed with or without MK. The is the true origin of the "MK is too strong on CPs" debates.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Omg Gah. Your sig.
I love you.

...come to SA already, I still gotta buy you dinner. <333~

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
MK discussion is going down? I should make a return to tactical; I've been sitting around twiddling my thumbs because all the topics in the threads I'm subscribed to are so humdrum.

And why shouldn't he be banned? It could be argued that removing a character that is so over-centralizing to the tournament scene should be done, if it were to be determined that variety in viability at more levels. Personally I like variety.

I understand that at the very highest level there are more capable players who can achieve more with other characters, but I don't believe that tournament rules should only be dependent on those at the very top. If he were to be banned, the top players would be fine ('cept M2K), use their other characters ('cept M2K), and continue to dominate tournament placings. At the same time, players who haven't reached the peak of the meta game yet would be able to stand more of a chance without having to face the Meta Knight army. Variety is fun and healthy - Meta Knight in every game (aside from whiz kids like Lee Martin, ESAM, etc) seems like a symptom of a problem.

I'm probably going to end up copying/pasting this

Top Bottom