• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
My friend ran a drizzle team against me... hydration vaporeon can go to hell :mad: rain dish blastoise isn't half bad either. Tbh I can see leech seed stalling becoming pretty popular if drizzle politoed doesn't get banned, gen5 got a lot of nice grass-types :3

I'm not going to Dallas because I'm a loser like that :< Be sure to get a Wolf group picture ;D Espy included, obviously <3

:059:

Tekk001

Smash Apprentice
I want Drizzle Politoad! My team was a sort of pseudo raindance team. I used the rain not only to power up people like Kingdra but to cover Brelooms weakness to fire also. Worked well. I also ran an electrode lead. :/ that can change now that politoad has drizzle.

D

Deleted member

Zangooses.

@Seagull: Sonic mains don't quit for better characters?

You're forgetting Shugo(the best Sonic main at one point who now sweeps Ohio tournaments with Falco) and Blue Rogue(Now a Wario God Kai). I'm sure there are more that I can't think of.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Cool, I'll be wearing an MLG shirt that says Tekk. Just come up to me lol. And Dallas is this weekend.
wat. there's no way i'll make that. sorry bro, maybe some other time.

Raindance teams are awesome, but i can never seem to use one :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Ausfur, how can you furget Malcolm?
Dude went to Wario because he realized he liked money more than Sonic. Just like Shugo and Blue Rogue.

.....Zangoose. *swoons*
<333~

Gah777

Smash Lord
i'm really liking the "My-little-pony"-esq Pokemon, Kerudio:

Water and Fighting stab attack combo is amazing. People keep bringing Blissey in on it, since it has higher special attack they expect it to be a special attacker, and I just go "lol Close Combat says hi"

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Zangooses.

@Seagull: Sonic mains don't quit for better characters?

You're forgetting Shugo(the best Sonic main at one point who now sweeps Ohio tournaments with Falco) and Blue Rogue(Now a Wario God Kai). I'm sure there are more that I can't think of.
Allow me to re-phrase: Anyone who has used Sonic in tourneyplay since 09. MalCUM, Shugo, and Blue rogue picked up better characters after 08 because they are smart.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Lol, I was gonna type Malcum, but that's mostly an EC thing, so I didn't. :3c

Oh, and I've been playing as Sonic since '08 too~

Gah777

Smash Lord
If I wanted to get started playing competitive Pokemon, how would I even start? I have no clue what pokemon are good - where could I find this out? I don't know what strategies to use - details on that?

I've thought about it a couple times but it just seems so daunting
Here is the site I use the most. They have a "tier list" of Pokemon with great suggested strategies, move sets, etc for each Pokemon. They only have up to 4th Gen covered on their tiers, but that is only because they are currently researching the new 5th Gen Pokemon:

http://www.smogon.com/

I would recommend sticking to 4th Gen battles until you get the hang of competitive battling as the 5th Gen "metagame" (if it can be called that lol) is highly unstable at the moment. There is an option in Pokemon Online where you can set your Generation to 4th Gen. After you load PO click "Team Builder" -> "Gen" from the top options bar -> "HGSS(4th Gen)"

Ex:

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i tried playing pokemon online once, and people got mad at me caz i had mew2 groudan kyogre and a blissey that had minimize on it.

i dont get why they were flipping out

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
How bout Spiritomb with wonderguard?

My brother has one of those. Can't win without a Fighting pokemon that knows a move to make the ghost part hittable. I forget the move to be able to hit it.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Ubers are overrated imo. UU's my preferred metagame, or at least it was for gen4.

Seagull, I liked the vids vs Wario, very nice indeed :3 Gotta work on fighting Falco though. Could've won the last game with a shine spike, capitalize on those opportunities. Also, pivot your dsmashes when you drop shield > dsmash, that's important :x

:059:

.AC.

Smash Lord
i lost to atomsk in wolf dittoes ( only played 1 friendly), very random and fun match, lots of sideb and pokemon stadium windmill involved, he is waaaay better than i thought, he still can't beat mexicans though.

D

Deleted member

Kirby boards are discussing Wolf MU. Apparently, it's 100:00 Kirby's favor.

I love SWF.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
dunno how many of you know or care about the adult swim show "tim and eric awesome show: great job" but i just got back from their 2010 tour which started here in seattle, it was pretty sweet.

i got sprayed in the face by stagnant water, called jesus and had a piece of pizza thrown at me for being european :D then i got to grab John.C.Riley's hand (he's in step brothers)
they set up their faux in show band "pusswhip bang gang" and played a concert too, all in all it was totally awesome, best of all i didnt have to pay cause it was an early b day present from my friends :3

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Anybody has realized how overpowered kirbys inhale is? Apparently we cant do anything as the kirby boards say...... im not picking wolf vs kirby again

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
lol i read and commented on that, it was pretty silly. i play a couple kirby players infrequently up here and it never seemed too bad for wolf at all
but the kirby's must be onto something 100:0 kirby

rsr2

Smash Lord
That's pretty awesome golden.

On the Subject of Kirby. Dang that sucks. I don't know what to do now against that. Well time to choose a new main because this has discouraged me to play Wolf. >_>

jk :p

rsr2

Smash Lord
I know right. I don't think Kain figured out a way around it. Heck I don't think Barracuda Drifter knows what to do in that situation. We are screwed.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Kirby's mouth was too big. I got inhaled everytime, obv why i lost the match

Top Bottom