• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
i was playing on wifi today and had a weird thing happen,

i was recovering as wolf and side B'd to the stage, i held down on the stick to scar through the ledge (on smashville) but i was too far away to scar so i hit the corner of the stage and the sweet spot of the side b came out hitting the guy who was trying to edge guard me then i grabbed the ledge.
normally when i do that i dont grab the edge and just die, or the sweetspot doesnt come out and he just grabs the ledge.
it was crazy, killed the other guy too he was at like 180% and went flying :D

What you did was your held down so you didn't grab the edge
and so the hitbox came out
but you RELEASED down afterwards
and you were able to grab the edge.

Do this more often.

M.C. Pee-Pants

Smash Journeyman
New things Wolfs need to learn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRZeUndPaX4

Being able to grab Mk outta his Fsmash is really useful since the cooldown to that move is almost nothing and under 90% of circumstances Mk's just Dsmash after an Fsmash. Being able to grab them after they Fsmash us by SDI'ing in shield is useful in gaining more control and doing damage :).

Also SDI'ing foward on shield after a Snake first hit of Ftilt or an Utilt is probably a guaranteed grab too.

The uses for this are plenty if you consider shield pushing Wolf out of grab range.

nunchuck user like me are gonna have a tougher time to do this

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I am. I am going to bring my gf Tiger too and maybe a few other smashers. Would you be able to house me Brian?

Please say I didn't mix up your name with Bead. I know one of you is Brian and the other is Patrick.
Hahaha you got it right. XD I can try to, but my house isn't very big. So housing a bunch of people would be difficult. However there are A LOT of people that do housing around here.

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
Advice on the snake matchup ?? I've been fighting a very skilled snake main as of late and I am having some trouble.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Camp him with blaster more. It really messes with grenades, but don't blaster when he's about 2 characters length away though or you'll eat an ftilt. Once you get some percent on him, just abuse his helplessness in the air. XD Once Wolf gets in, it's hard for Snake to get him out.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Advice on the snake matchup ?? I've been fighting a very skilled snake main as of late and I am having some trouble.
Don't dash if he camps with grenades. Walking in AMAZING in this match-up ... be careful and patient when you avoid grenades; walking powershield them and jump around them. Don't commit to risky stuff like rolls, airdodges or spotdodges when you search your way around grenades.

I love walking ftilt - if he takes out a grenade it can blow the grenade up without you being hit and has more range than his ftilt1 [if you hit his shield he will punish you with both hits though].

:059:

D

Deleted member

@Panic: Snake MU? You of all Wolf's should have no problem.

Just walk up to him and pose. You're far more manly than he could ever dream.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
What you did was your held down so you didn't grab the edge
and so the hitbox came out
but you RELEASED down afterwards
and you were able to grab the edge.

Do this more often.

wtf, thats possible? @_@ i should try and see if i can do it more often for sure, it hits characters who're on the edge even though you dont actually go above the ledge

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Snake vs Wolf I just Abuse his inability to punish Bair wall successfully cause what can he do, jump Fair LOL?

Blaster on the ground vs Snake is an awful idea to be honest. So much lag from laser. If Snake Ps's it then that's a free dacus for the most part =/. B reversal and RAR lasers I recommend. Watch yourself when you accidentaly or purposely pick up a Snake nade because he can pull another when you toss it causing the nade to strip and you get blown up. Killing Snake is generally with Dsmash at the edge because he's floaty and Dsmash reaches, Fair a predicted cypher, any form of Bair, and Usmash on some occasions. If you learn the SDI in shield thing I was talking about then you can always grab him out of Ftilt. If he Ftilts your shield then it's a free Fsmash. The matchup is fun.

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
Lol I love the wolf boards. its been 8 hours and i already got that many replies to help. Thanks guys. Ill try my best to use the advice given here and record the next match I have vs him. lets see how it goes!

Also. That is just to amazing Auspher. I have to quote that and put it as a sig. Hope you dont mind <3 lol

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
It's incredibly hard to explain the timings for each move.....
You're gonna have to experiment

Dthrow, right after wolf makes his upside down v shape with his legs....
Go to training mode and test them

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
how the hell do you even do a Bdacus? for some reason i've never felt like finding out despite everyone always talking about it

Gah777

Smash Lord
During the last 10 frames of a move you buffer a dash and hit the c-stick up twice.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord

I'll never be able to do that, I'm like ****** slow when it comes to buffering anything.

I'll stick to lightstepping for no reason xD

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I could honestly write up a thread on the specific move that kills every character lol. Should I? Oh, nevermind of course I'm going too LOL.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I could honestly write up a thread on the specific move that kills every character lol. Should I? Oh, nevermind of course I'm going too LOL.
That's a realllllyyyy good idea considering that killing is one of Wolf's big problems. XD Well not big, but it's one of the things that makes people think he's better than the tierlist suggests haha. Oh and his recovery, which really isn't that bad. >.>

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Which moves you keep fresh definitely affect how you'll be killing your opponent, so if you write up that thread be sure to include tips on how to keep the move you'll probably use to kill fresh at higher % and around what % you should think about saving it.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Percents are elongated depending on the character and move staleness, but if you ask me for most characters then I have a general idea of when _____ kills _____. Like Mk's usually die around 135% with fresh Fsmash for example.

Check the thread. I think most of what I put for killing said characters is true.

tekkie

Smash Master
so if an ike players is hypothetically not terrible and therefore spaces an upB so the sword spins at the ledge how do you edgeguard that

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I suggest not trying TBH. Just punish his ledge getups.

As for refreshing, personally I jab a lot to refresh my other moves.

I need to come on the wolf boards more often.

Laem

Smash Champion
so if an ike players is hypothetically not terrible and therefore spaces an upB so the sword spins at the ledge how do you edgeguard that
well, if you know in advance its gonna happen, u can just drop (in advance) and bair him when he rises. Wouldn't be suprised if u can dair him as he rises. shinespiking would prolly work as well.

D

Deleted member

::humps Red Ryu's avatar.:: >:3

But yeah, I totally had a dream last night. I was on vacation with my parents in Tampa, Florida. It started off with us on the beach for a while, but at some point we went to Busch Gardens(an amusement park/zoo in Tampa). I was wanting to sit down and rest for a bit, so I sat on this blue, cushioned chair outside. Then, out of nowhere, this song starts playing. There apparently was a chair situated behind me and Keith Urban comes in and sits down on it, with his legs on either side of me below him. I was paralyzed with awe at that point. We start moving throughout the park on what I can only assume is a float while he performs the song. There is also checkpoints throughout the parade where he gets off the float, holds me infront of a microwave, and I hit start to turn it on before the float moves on(don't ask...).

After the song ends and we reach the last checkpoint, he says he's gonna go for a walk. Stupid me, I say "Alright, I'll see you later". Some time later, he's riding on a float composed of only blue chairs, and there are some women on the float with him who are all yelling at me to take the open seat(don't know how they knew my name). I practically tackle the float to get the open chair. Keith is on the other side of the woman I'm sitting next to, singing this song. I take a closer look at the woman between us and I freak out because it's his wife Nicole Kidman, and she's giving a bottle of milk to their new baby. She looked at me with a smirk on her face at my surprise, then I woke up.

And go figure, Keith Urban is performing tonight at the Super Bowl half-time show. I'm so excited!! ::goes and grabs one of my Keith Urban concert shirts to wear for the day.:: His concerts are the best. The last one I went to, I had seats that were just 3 rows from the stage, and I caught two guitar picks from Keith and one from the band that played before him, Sugarland(who I also think is awesome).

Edit: Nvm, he's doing Pregame.

Edit: Also, where did the tourney results thread go? This needs posted for Kain:
Evolution of Life II (2/5/2011)
SSBB Singles(28 entrants)

1)Kain :wolf:
2)Sago :metaknight::samus2:
3)Arty :falco::metaknight::gw:
4)Kirk :ike::bowser2::olimar:
5)Akashi :marth::snake::metaknight:
6)Ook :dk2:
7)Oro?! :zerosuitsamus::marth:
7)DLA :ganondorf::metaknight::pikachu2:
9)Kappy :kirby2:
9)Corms :zelda:
9)Meneil :ike:
9)Creep :lucario:
13)Norm :lucario:
13)Chompy :diddy:
13)JJ Rockets :diddy:
13)King :pikachu2:
17)Red Ryu :lucario:
17)SlashX17 :fox:
17)Vare :sonic:
17)Jordan ???
17)Zwarm :rob:
17)Cory :marth:
17)Sothe :sonic:
17)Lallaar :marth:
25)TWSS :gw:
25)Xyless :pt:
25)Umashi :toonlink:
25)Cory ???

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297100

And this for Pane:

Smash Bros. Brawl 1V1 Play N Trade Franklin Square,NY - February 4th, 2011

1 Pane:75$
2 Voltage :50$
3 Nuke :25$
4 Raptor
5 Sama
5 NipSlap
7 Adrien Sanchez
7 Jordan Allred
9 Matt Hendell
9 Thomas Verow
9 Anthony Cross
9 CX-DERP
13 Ryan Minihane
13 Aura Mix
13 Chris Wilshere
13 Tyrek Draekford
17 John Medlin
17 Valor

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
auspher i dont know what to make of your dream

so i'll see your dream and raise it by my own

i had a dream that all my friends, the wolfs and myself were fire emblem characters. we even had a map grid to move on and we were fighting brigands/knights/wyverns.

funnily enough Ish was the lord class character JJ, kain gull and choice were generals and palidans.
i dont remember anyone else. =/ i need to start eating more oat bars before bed.

also, good **** kain

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Jump past and sideB spike him or shine gimp. Both work with good timing. Yes it is hilarious :cool:

I suggest not trying TBH. Just punish his ledge getups.

As for refreshing, personally I jab a lot to refresh my other moves.

I need to come on the wolf boards more often.
Yes, you should come here more :3

Dthrow/bthrow/uthrow register two hits in training, does anyone know if they refresh 2 slots or just 1?

auspher i dont know what to make of your dream

so i'll see your dream and raise it by my own

i had a dream that all my friends, the wolfs and myself were fire emblem characters. we even had a map grid to move on and we were fighting brigands/knights/wyverns.

funnily enough Ish was the lord class character JJ, kain gull and choice were generals and palidans.
i dont remember anyone else. =/ i need to start eating more oat bars before bed.

also, good **** kain

YESSSS FIRE EMBLEMMMMMMM man I've been craving FE for the longest time :/ And, of course, gj @ those tournament results ;D

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
we're easily the coolest posters on the smashboards

no other mains can stand up to us

we have the power of not letting them do that

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
auspher is a true wolf pioneer, he's not as lazy as we are, defends wolfs from the tier list discussion and doesnt afraid of anything.

its a right shame he enjoys sonic games though :(

Top Bottom