• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Nana looked like a psychotic girl >.>, now i imagine that face when shes charging a smash and popo holding the opponent

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Mr. Game and Watch being an eldritch horror though. Seriously, more scary than Kirby.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, i got a question, how do you determine a player skill point to throw a bracket skill based? We are introducing this system on our country but we fear people will mayhem on whos higher etc etc etc

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Last night I WON a tournament.

Unfortunately, it was Low Tiers :link: :bowser:. I got 4th in the real tournament because I got timed out in round 3 of BOTH my sets with BPow, a Wario. I understand now why that match-up isn't in our favor, it's even gayer than D3. At least D3 will try to kill you, Wario just runs around and air-dodges and spot-dodges all day with his stupid air-maneuverability.

That was my first experience being timed out and truely playing brawl the way the competitive people want it to be played. There is no ****ing way I want to put up with that **** anymore, so I am probably going to be running the gauntlet of trying out new characters. Probably MK (because I'm lazy) or IC's (If I want to stay at home every night learning to grab).

Also, going to be putting more effort into melee.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
If you don't like getting timed out then definitely don't pick IC's They get campped pretty hard in a lot of matchups.

I've never been timed out in Brawl, ever. Though that's cause my playstyle prevents it (not necissarily a good thing). I have timed out people though :D

:059:

Zync

Smash Journeyman
I was awfully close to time out one snake at jungle japes with wolf, lol but never ever done it

Choice

Smash Champion
i almost timed out ish on japes. i think i was the first to die, which was 4 minutes into the match.

tekkie

Smash Master

Unfortunately, it was Low Tiers :link: :bowser:. I got 4th in the real tournament because I got timed out in round 3 of BOTH my sets with BPow, a Wario. I understand now why that match-up isn't in our favor, it's even gayer than D3. At least D3 will try to kill you, Wario just runs around and air-dodges and spot-dodges all day with his stupid air-maneuverability.

That was my first experience being timed out and truely playing brawl the way the competitive people want it to be played. There is no ****ing way I want to put up with that **** anymore, so I am probably going to be running the gauntlet of trying out new characters. Probably MK (because I'm lazy) or IC's (If I want to stay at home every night learning to grab).

playing brawl,

1. at the very very least having a decent pocket MK and
2. being totally willing to be a ****ty *******

are absolutely necessary for competitive play

wait a second how is everyone i forgot wolf is a playable character in brawl

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Hey guys, i got a question, how do you determine a player skill point to throw a bracket skill based? We are introducing this system on our country but we fear people will mayhem on whos higher etc etc etc
Make a Costa Rica Power Rankings based on tourney results. From there, proper seeding can be determined. Those not on the PR will have to play the ones on it first round and top seeds (1-4 on the PR) should be put at opposite ends of bracket. Theoretically, 1 would play 4 in semi-finals and 2 would play 3. Then 1 plays 2. 1 then plays 2 again in grand finals. This is all theoretical. It's kind of similar to basketball seeding to be honest.
playing brawl,

Wolf is hard to play gay with (Only thing I can think of is ledgehop laser planking, which is punishable too lmao), but I've been thinking of some ideas I'm gonna try soon...I have a theory I want to test. If I'm right, Wolf could be Dmg version 2.0.

I'm gonna verse my gf (My usual practice partner) tonight and maybe try to time her out on every stage. She won't be mad at me cause she tries to time out a lot of people :glare:.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Lol guys already tried an equation on my own with a friend, we got the last 4 rankings and made the following equation where X is your placement and N is the total amount of people participating

-[(X/N)-1] x 10

Then get the average of the 4 tourneys, or 3 if they missed one

It works like a charm, it made some very trustable results, ill probably gonna be updating it too (so far only 2 people raged at me LOL) but everything is objective so they can only whine :p

Also: Happy birthday Ish :D

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If you don't like getting timed out then definitely don't pick IC's They get campped pretty hard in a lot of matchups.

remember, all w0fls are lazy, so it's probably going to be MK. Or Bowser, since I had a blast with him in LT's.

True story, at yesterdays tournament I was playing at a TV that didn't have Wolf unlocked, and my opponet was a Falco, so I just went Marth and won, and again in dittos. I love marth dittos.

Also happy birthday, mr president.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer

Wolf has a laser, beautiful airspeed, and great range on fair/bair/uair, how are you getting timed out by Wario?!?!?! MRM, I am disappoint :( but good work winning low-tiers ;D Just wondering, what stage was he CPing?

i almost timed out ish on japes. i think i was the first to die, which was 4 minutes into the match.
Choice is mad legit on Japes @_@ UCB Smash too good :p

playing brawl,

Maaaaaaaaybe.
Yeah :<

I'm alive and well. Post more, we miss you ;__;

Everyone post a picture of a pretty asian girl saying happy birthday to him!
<3

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes guys :)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I missed your birthday Ishiey, but happy b-day.

Happy b-day JJ!!! It's the 6th in the Ec at the moment. (Weird that your b-day is one day apart from Ishiey's O_O).

:018:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Wolf has a laser, beautiful airspeed, and great range on fair/bair/uair, how are you getting timed out by Wario?!?!?! MRM, I am disappoint :( but good work winning low-tiers ;D Just wondering, what stage was he CPing?
Once you see the video, you'll understand. I had the lead until after the guy said "TIME" and got hit with a fair. It's the lamest thing ever. Cruise or Frigate.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
FOB = fresh off boat

And tbh she doesn't look that eastern asian imo, more middle eastern-ish.

Edit: My birthday present for Ish :3

rsr2

Smash Lord
Or a League of Legends party~!

:018:
I would love to but I still have to use the wifi services this town provides. It makes it so that every hour I have to log back on. It's free internet but it's really slow when i want to download something. So I am pretty sure it's not awesome enough to handle LoL.

Choice

Smash Champion
happy belated birthday ish!
and
happy birthday to you too JJ!

hope you both celebrate your births for many days. you guys are worth it ;D

Gah777

Smash Lord
Das' nasty. Now I'm off to listen to some decent Melo-Death to get that **** out of my ears.

Top Bottom