• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Making Sheik's Ftilt lock is really, really stupid. I would never attend a tourny with that illegal, especially since it's her only up-side since she's horrible at getting kills, and she gets chain grabbed and comboed about as much as Falco and Captain Falcon. Her ftilt may damage character quickly, but it doesn't matter much if she can't kill until 200% and she gets killed at 120% And nerfing someone to help Ganon is stupid too. Sheik is a mid tier character that rarely gets results. She doesn't need to be nerfed. That would be like banning Wolf's Bair just because some Wolf's use Bair so much, and that someone doesn't like that Wolf bairs Yoshi the whole match in that matchup.

By the way, Sheik's Ftilt lock isn't a 0-death on any character.

Edit: By the way, banning a ton of stuff won't encourage casuals to come. It will discourage it because it would be intimidating going to a tournament worried about so many rules and "what if I accidentally break one?" To someone not in the smash community, they see a ton of rules like that, some which aren't defined (Diddy's Banana lock banned. So throwing 2 bananas at someone in a row when their character is laying on the ground is banned? Because that is a banana lock).

By the way you're ruleset is increadibly biased towards Wolf. It looks like you're trying to give yourself a free ride to finals.

:059:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ftilt's so easy to do and it combos into its self, I see it sort of like and infinite grab trick. Personally, I'm against easy things that guarantee tons of damage or worse, DDD's broken grab and Dthrow come to mind, but it is Brawl so regulations are hard to define.

If I'm forced to approach Lucario and he's playing mind games with Fsmash and aura spheres (on wifi where PSing's hard) what are some good strategies? I often take waaay too much damage when it comes to KOing him :(

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Doesn't Falco and Fox die from the lock? Wolf barely survives if you SD it horizontally, so I'd imagine they'd definitely die haha.

:phone:
Yeah they die from it, but it doesn't start at 0% so it's not a 0-death. Also, Falco can CG Sheik and Fox can combo her pretty badly. So if you ban her Ftilt lock, you need to ban Falco's chain grab on her and Fox's combos on her.

Oh yeah, and Spikes are better than Sheik's Ftilt lock because a spike can kill anyone. Ban spikes too.

Or if you REALLY want a ruleset for casuals, get rid of almost all of these rules you're making and turn on items. If you want to destroy as much of a skill gap as you can then that's your best option. And make every stage legal.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Making Sheik's Ftilt lock is really, really stupid. I would never attend a tourny with that illegal, especially since it's her only up-side since she's horrible at getting kills, and she gets chain grabbed and comboed about as much as Falco and Captain Falcon. Her ftilt may damage character quickly, but it doesn't matter much if she can't kill until 200% and she gets killed at 120% And nerfing someone to help Ganon is stupid too. Sheik is a mid tier character that rarely gets results. She doesn't need to be nerfed. That would be like banning Wolf's Bair just because some Wolf's use Bair so much, and that someone doesn't like that Wolf bairs Yoshi the whole match in that matchup.

By the way, Sheik's Ftilt lock isn't a 0-death on any character.

Edit: By the way, banning a ton of stuff won't encourage casuals to come. It will discourage it because it would be intimidating going to a tournament worried about so many rules and "what if I accidentally break one?" To someone not in the smash community, they see a ton of rules like that, some which aren't defined (Diddy's Banana lock banned. So throwing 2 bananas at someone in a row when their character is laying on the ground is banned? Because that is a banana lock).

By the way you're ruleset is increadibly biased towards Wolf. It looks like you're trying to give yourself a free ride to finals.

lol, I win Nebraska locals without rules that make it so I will win. You are forgetting I'm a good player and I go OOS and deal with people doing stuff to win.

I appreciate the advice, but the way it's written is fine, no casual person is going to think "Oh, I sure hope I don't CG-Spike with falco..." Things like that don't happen on accident. This will way help get casuals to attend, I know this because I KNOW CASUALS WHO ARE COMING DUE TO THE RULES SET!

Also, I did ban Falco's CG into spike, but not the usual CG.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
If you like the rules and you have people attend then that's fine. I'm just saying that the rules are pretty bad and you probably won't get all that many competitive players attending. Especially Sheik players. You pretty much left Sheik completely defenseless against a lot of characters such as Snake because you take away her biggest tool at trying to keep up in the metagame with the excuse that you've seen Sheiks spam Ftilt against Ganons. Though I don't see Falco's lasers banned even though I see Falcos spam lasers at Ganons. It just seems wrong to limit characters that aren't even good when you have characters like Snake, Olimar, and G&W untouched.

D

Deleted member

Seagull will probably be mad until he finds another secondary, honestly.

But still, I'm really happy about this. It's about time.

Kain said it would never happen. :awesome:

tekkie

Smash Master
I just read that he was banned too.

Seagull will now soar up to the spot of best Wolf without having an MK to fall back on, causing his Wolf to get better and better.

he'll have to either grow a pair and use wolf more or pick up another secondary :troll:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If you like the rules and you have people attend then that's fine. I'm just saying that the rules are pretty bad and you probably won't get all that many competitive players attending. Especially Sheik players. You pretty much left Sheik completely defenseless against a lot of characters such as Snake because you take away her biggest tool at trying to keep up in the metagame with the excuse that you've seen Sheiks spam Ftilt against Ganons. Though I don't see Falco's lasers banned even though I see Falcos spam lasers at Ganons. It just seems wrong to limit characters that aren't even good when you have characters like Snake, Olimar, and G&W untouched.

Honestly, me spamming it on the boards was more for the LOL's than anything. Remember, I'm a major troll and ALSO I AM NEBRASKA (competitive) BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless Iowa/Kansas decide to come, there won't be anything but casuals there. As I stated, if competitive players want to come, people who are coming from further than 3 hours away, the rules can be changed to more competitive types so it's worth it for them to come.

I tried to come up with a full list of "gay" stuff, and forgot about jab/laser lock. I could add more stuff to it, but with all of the babies out there, wow.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
If you think that Sheik doesn't kill before 120, you need to face a good Sheik. (Like Judo, Tutu or Ripple). I wish Lumi would have played Wolf vs me. Maybe I would have gotten out of pools.

At least I did what only Judo could do... and that was beat Hadesblade. I heard Chuee was at that tournament and also got out. I don't even remember what that kid looks like.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
If you think that Sheik doesn't kill before 120, you need to face a good Sheik. (Like Judo, Tutu or Ripple). I wish Lumi would have played Wolf vs me. Maybe I would have gotten out of pools.

At least I did what only Judo could do... and that was beat Hadesblade. I heard Chuee was at that tournament and also got out. I don't even remember what that kid looks like.
If you think that Sheik doesn't have more trouble killing than most of the cast, you need to face a good Everyone by Peach, Sonic, and Samus.

Nah, I know that Sheik can kill sooner, but compared to Wolf she has a LOT more trouble killing. I know Sheik really well cause I've been using her since '08. I just don't use her in tournament anymore.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Doesn't Falco and Fox die from the lock? Wolf barely survives if you SD it horizontally, so I'd imagine they'd definitely die haha.

:phone:
:wolf: dies from it if done right.
I just read that he was banned too.

Seagull will now soar up to the spot of best Wolf without having an MK to fall back on, causing his Wolf to get better and better.

Wait, what?

Though I won't lose to :metaknight:s in tourney anymore, which would definitely make my results better loooooooooooool. It just means I won't lose to Neo or Omni anymore in region and Pwii, M2k, or Nakat out of region (In Nj). I'll still probably lose to Logic's :olimar: though...But I have been getting much closer to beating him. It's always 3rd game now.
Seagull will probably be mad until he finds another secondary, honestly.

But still, I'm really happy about this. It's about time.

Kain said it would never happen. :awesome:
I've had a :falco: forever. Just why use him when I have a :metaknight:? :metaknight: always does better then :falco: vs bad matchups. Frankly I'm pretty upset that I don't know how to counter :pikachu2: now :(...I'm picking up :diddy: or :olimar: probably.
he'll have to either grow a pair and use wolf more or pick up another secondary :troll:
>Implying I don't have secondaries already.
He already knew it was going to happen so I'm sure it's no surprise to him though.

Without MK, I may consider picking up DK.

Lol. I don't know the URC's intentions, but I figured as much given whose back there (Yink, Bizkit, Alphazealot, OS?, Xyro, etc...).
Why what would be bad about picking up DK? o.O

:dedede: counters :dk2: harder then he counters us under the current ruleset. He isn't hard to grab and standing or walkoff cg at all.
more ddd's
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I'm kinda sad to lose my :metaknight: since I've used him since January 09'.

:018:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Saying that a banned MK will make you better wasn't saying that it's cause you lose to MKs, it's saying that it's cause you can't go MK when you don't feel confident with your Wolf now, so your Wolf will get better. It's hopeful thinking. :(

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Saying that a banned MK will make you better wasn't saying that it's cause you lose to MKs, it's saying that it's cause you can't go MK when you don't feel confident with your Wolf now, so your Wolf will get better. It's hopeful thinking. :(

I generally lose to :metaknight:s tho...

:018:

.AC.

Smash Lord
owww mk banned? snake here i come

wolf is still a good secondary though

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And you guys know that banning MK is BAD for Wolf? Us doing well vs MK was a huge reason why Wolf rose in the first place. Now he's not only gone but he's also replaced by an army of match-ups more difficult then him. And guess what? We can't cover all bad match-ups with 1 character anymore aka might as well just drop Wolf as main altogether. Not to mention that it's objectively a terrible idea to ban MK. So glad my region won't ban him.

D

Deleted member

Good thing I co-main Lucario.

Honestly, the Metagame advancing beyond MK is much more important to me. Europe can complain all they want, but they don't understand the MK issue because he's NOT an issue in that region.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I noticed before that I see Gheb complain way too much. I've never seen a post of yours in a thread outside of the Wolf boards that wasn't complaining about something. MK needed to be banned, so now he is. And it wasn't just the stagelist that made him broken. MKs have been timing people out on SV and BF too.

D

Deleted member

I wonder if Gheb is super happy in real life, and he just uses the boards to vent.

Top Bottom