• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Are there any MW Wolfs besides MegaRobMan and me? The coasts have all the fun:glare:.

Q if something happens like you break your opponent's shield but they're not at a high enough damage to KO, what is Wolf's best option to punish them?

Also, what are good grab setups?
Ummm bair combos, dthrow if you're by the ledge for edgeguarding, SHFF uair combos if they're at really low %s (shff uair > usmash ftw). All imo.

Good grab setups... bair > grab? AD behind > grab? Dthrow > techchase regrab? Jab > grab, jabx2 > grab are the better ones, but yeah, Wolf doesn't have many lol.

Ok after some more thinking, I am going to try everything I can to make sure I can go to Apex. With this many Wolfs going and there being a Wofl party at Ishiey's, I can't let this chance pass me up.

:059:
Yay :3

Ishey, if I go all Wolf in tournament can I stay with you? :D
or better yet since my last name is wolfe? therefore it will literally be for Apex the house of Wolf (ironically it gained the e when it came to America)
Maybe... lol wait for the thread to be up, I'll sort out all housing things then, but I'll see what I can do :)

wofl field trip to new york on the 9th? anyone interested?
I'm down if you're down ;D

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
@Rainbow Mink: so i was just reading the jiggs/falco mu panel and decided i'm going to try to mm shugo at the next tournament i'll see him at. (REVENGE in cincinnati if he goes) XD

i kinda skimmed through it and i think it's closer to -1 for her than anything. jiggs is my secondary pretty much and falco is my best mu with her. >.> so i'm going to see what i can do against him.

tekkie

Smash Master
I think FL and Me/Dapuffster/OoC kids are going on the 4th.
I plan on going to ny the 5th.
i'm confused. which day? i wanna go to ny but we need a merry cavalcade of people. if the wofls aren't getting together to go at the same time then i'd be down to join your band of ragamuffins or we could even get a supar giant group going

i wanna buy tickets soon so i wanna get this all ironed out. ish, make an apex thread!

KRDsonic

Smash Master
New York sounds fun... though how exactly would it work out and stuff?

Also I just realized something... going to the north in January... in winter... Does that mean there will be SNOW?!! Enough to make snowballs?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
If you fly to Bwi then I can house you for a brief period and we'll drive 3 hours up to Nj. Only choose this option if a flight to Bwi is cheaper then Nj's airport.

:018:

:phone:

rsr2

Smash Lord
New York sounds fun... though how exactly would it work out and stuff?

Also I just realized something... going to the north in January... in winter... Does that mean there will be SNOW?!! Enough to make snowballs?

More than likely. Come to Michigan if you want to see some snow. So much snow that you will hate it :p

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Luminoth: Good stuff. Make sure you record those replays so i can see your playstyle and how it differs from mine. I'd like to see that. They're trying to argue they have a +3 on puff.... and that's ridic.
Here's my most recent vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwZUiNy5oVU

I'm going to NYC on that thursday, the 5th. I fly in on the 4th. Sorry for the confusion.

tekkie

Smash Master
alright cool. again, i'd like to coordinate with the other wofls and see if we can get some kind of ghetto homo tour thing going on that involves more than just me and ish. or it can just be me and ish~

but seriously let's get something together. i don't think ish wants to spoon with me for a week straight.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
People can fly in whenever, doesn't really matter to me but I might not be able to get you from the airport on all occasions, and even if I could I'm lazy so I'd prefer that people take public transport to New Brunswick lol.

NYC on the 5th sounds good to me :3

And yeah, there *might* be snow :o

APEX planning thread is up, check it out and whatnot. Spooning with Tekkie for a whole week sounds enticing lol, but yeah, people should definitely try to make it out to APEX :D

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Luminoth: Good stuff. Make sure you record those replays so i can see your playstyle and how it differs from mine. I'd like to see that. They're trying to argue they have a +3 on puff.... and that's ridic.
Here's my most recent vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwZUiNy5oVU

I'm going to NYC on that thursday, the 5th. I fly in on the 4th. Sorry for the confusion.
Sure thing. :D One thing that you do a lot more than I do is dair. I usually nair when i punish OoS, but I suppose I should start using dair as well haha.

And +3 is most definitely ridiculous. I feel like it's in between +1-2, but closer to 1.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Olimar: Bair > jab beats shieldgrab, iirc. That's nice :3

Luigi: Bair beats... everything. Just don't let him in and never approach, and you win. Bairs bairs bairs, lasers when he's too far away to bair, jump over him when you're running out of room to safely bair, shine when you need to, blablabla. Luigi's bad :/

ICs: I suck at this lol, but... don't get grabbed? :troll:

Snake: Idk, but I find that camping Snakes that don't have mastery over grenade stripping is fairly effective.

Wario: You outrange him horizontally in the air, shine beats a lot of what he can do, if you think they're going to do a falling bite on their shield roll behind them for an easy punish.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure it's just :olimar: now, though cook plays :dedede: too :/ He also plays MK, but that ****ers banned! LOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!

i.e. Wang :luigi: isn't coming, so that means that Joker :snake: probably won't be there, and this makes Bpow :wario: and nom :olimar: less likely to come due to gas situations and all that jazz. But Nebraska is free so idk why they wouldn't just come anyway, lol, good odds 1 or 2 of them would place. But there won't be any teams at this tournament...unless we have a teams tournament afterwards, which we were talking about tonight at melee (games from midnight-3:30 a.m.)

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Bair wall is good on Snake. As long as you space it correctly and mix up your movements, bair spaced on his shield is realllyyyy annoying for him.

Also Joe, I'm starting to get the dashing reverse laser down consistently in matches without killing myself. :D It's helping out my game A LOT. That extra % you get with the lasers they don't expect helps tons.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
It's a grounded B-reversal. I think it's the last trick :wolf: has left. Dunno how much more this character can improve lmao.

:phone:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'm afraid of trying grounded B-Reversals with Wolf cause I usually end up using Side B by accident instead, dunno why. I never had that problem back when I used ICs or Sheik, but that's probably because I know that messing it up wouldn't get me killed.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I can't consistently bair wall. I keep procrastinating going into training mode to work on my basics again. So many of my Bairs get turned into Fairs.

It's cool. Bair wall isn't too effective vs characters that matter (Other then :snake:).

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Wolf is similar to Sheik imo, but with less ftilt gheyness.

I'mma use Wolf at this small tournament I'm going to on the 19th of Nov.

Top Bottom