• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Rizen

Smash Legend

Because you don't actually explain anything.

:059:
'The historical trends of war propaganda being less influential because modern information sharing resulting in a decreased chance for war on a global scale.'

'Repeating history of bringing people to embrace war that generally applies to every nation'.

'Using fear to heighten specific agenda items that otherwise have less significance.'

'The universal battle of information vs maintaining ignorance to manipulate the masses.'

What would you like in greater detail?

Edit:
Human nature and historical patterns are neglected way too much. I wrote/researched that specifically in a short time based on previous research so I'm happy to fill any holes. But if you or anyone says it's baseballs with no specific criticism or information, I've nothing to work with and no reason to take the complaint seriously.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Well then, please tell me about all the amazing information you have on the wars in Kongo, Mali and Yemen. Since information sharing is at an all time high I'm sure you know nothing but the truth about these conflicts.

If you think the media are informing you over what's happening in the world you're being fooled. The US media tell you about Palestinian "Terrorist Groups" shooting rockets and missiles at Isreal while Israel's Army commits Genocide in Palestine and Gaza - supported by the US government. And at the same time the media paint Iran as the great new evil because they alledgedly arm and train terrorists, the US government arms Jihadists and rebel groups with connections to Al-Quaeda in Syria. If you don't see all the potential there is for a third world war then it's only because you're misinformed. As long as the USA keeps terrorizing countries in the middle east on their neverending quest to find new sources of petrol the threat of a third world war is definitely there and that's just one of the many potential causes.

Rizen

Smash Legend
If you think the media are informing you over what's happening in the world you're being fooled. The US media tell you about Palestinian "Terrorist Groups" shooting rockets and missiles at Isreal while Israel's Army commits Genocide in Palestine and Gaza - supported by the US government. And at the same time the media paint Iran as the great new evil because they alledgedly arm and train terrorists, the US government arms Jihadists and rebel groups with connections to Al-Quaeda in Syria.
Did you actually read my post?
I hate the corrupt media for distorting these things to use people's fear.
I'm not basing this on media information; I know they're full of ****.

Well then, please tell me about all the amazing information you have on the wars in Kongo, Mali and Yemen. Since information sharing is at an all time high I'm sure you know nothing but the truth about these conflicts.
Well if you want to go to another subject, it will take some time. I can't take an informed stance without doing the research. Now if you want to talk about the current debate without sidetracking that I can do.

If you don't see all the potential there is for a third world war then it's only because you're misinformed. As long as the USA keeps terrorizing countries in the middle east on their neverending quest to find new sources of petrol the threat of a third world war is definitely there and that's just one of the many potential causes.
First, it's not on a global scale. We, humans, have had the potential to destroy the planet since around the 50s. There's always conflicts but most countries are scared to death of nuclear war. The scale of wars is constrained by these fears.

Second, it's not the USA, half of the people didn't want the wars in the last 2 decades so don't generalize us. Why do you think I hate the corrupt media? You can't base us on what the TV shows either. I'm glad R.E.M. was going around the world when Bush was in singing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNC7VM-8RZU
Internal US politics have been ****ed up and frankly people were not represented by the mainstream media. I've organized rallies and protests against wars and the corrupt banks, Koch brothers... I'm used to the media *****ing the people with BS and little to no representation.
"Have you ever seen the televised St. vitus subcommittee prize
Investigation dance? Those-ants-in- pants glances.
Well, look behind the eyes
It's a hallowed, hollow anesthesized
"save my own ***, screw these guys"
smoke and mirror lock down"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvWQCg1hJYE

Third, I'm a huge advocate of renewable energy. Half the US knows the oil companies are jerking us around. In Iraq several contracts Halliburton was given had the word 'oil' in the title, 'Restore Iraqi Oil'. I've researched how energy works; most is heating steam to spin a turbine. I've said why are we fighting wars on credit to get oil when blowing on a pinwheel produces the same energy per rotation? The sun's powered all life on Earth for 4.5 billion years, why are we too stupid to use that? We're not; it's sabotaged.

Bottom line is you can't judge all the USA by the BS media and politics we hate and are working to correct.

Fourth, that is exactly why the internet is so important. Anybody can post and look up information. It's less controlled by money/gov/business and more by people than any other medium. We didn't have that before. But now it's a powerful tool to help people get informed in, as 'Greenday' phrases it, "the era of heroes and cons".

We're on the same page, mostly.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Did you actually read my post?

I'm not basing this on media information; I know they're full of ****.

Well if you want to go to another subject, it will take some time. I can't take an informed stance without doing the research. Now if you want to talk about the current debate without sidetracking that I can do.

First, it's not on a global scale. We, humans, have had the potential to destroy the planet since around the 50s. There's always conflicts but most countries are scared to death of nuclear war. The scale of wars is constrained by these fears.

Second, it's not the USA, half of the people didn't want the wars in the last 2 decades so don't generalize us. Why do you think I hate the corrupt media? You can't base us on what the TV shows either. I'm glad R.E.M. was going around the world when Bush was in singing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNC7VM-8RZU
Internal US politics have been ****ed up and frankly people were not represented by the mainstream media. I've organized rallies and protests against wars and the corrupt banks, Koch brothers... I'm used to the media *****ing the people with BS and little to no representation.
"Have you ever seen the televised St. vitus subcommittee prize
Investigation dance? Those-ants-in- pants glances.
Well, look behind the eyes
It's a hallowed, hollow anesthesized
"save my own ***, screw these guys"
smoke and mirror lock down"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvWQCg1hJYE

Third, I'm a huge advocate of renewable energy. Half the US knows the oil companies are jerking us around. In Iraq several contracts Halliburton was given had the word 'oil' in the title, 'Restore Iraqi Oil'. I've researched how energy works; most is heating steam to spin a turbine. I've said why are we fighting wars on credit to get oil when blowing on a pinwheel produces the same energy per rotation? The sun's powered all life on Earth for 4.5 billion years, why are we too stupid to use that? We're not; it's sabotaged.

Bottom line is you can't judge all the USA by the BS media and politics we hate and are working to correct.

Fourth, that is exactly why the internet is so important. Anybody can post and look up information. It's less controlled by money/gov/business and more by people than any other medium. We didn't have that before. But now it's a powerful tool to help people get informed in, as 'Greenday' phrases it, "the era of heroes and cons".

We're on the same page, mostly.

If you think the media are informing you over what's happening in the world you're being fooled. The US media tell you about Palestinian "Terrorist Groups" shooting rockets and missiles at Isreal while Israel's Army commits Genocide in Palestine and Gaza - supported by the US government. And at the same time the media paint Iran as the great new evil because they alledgedly arm and train terrorists, the US government arms Jihadists and rebel groups with connections to Al-Quaeda in Syria. If you don't see all the potential there is for a third world war then it's only because you're misinformed. As long as the USA keeps terrorizing countries in the middle east on their neverending quest to find new sources of petrol the threat of a third world war is definitely there and that's just one of the many potential causes.

'The historical trends of war propaganda being less influential because modern information sharing resulting in a decreased chance for war on a global scale.'

'Repeating history of bringing people to embrace war that generally applies to every nation'.

'Using fear to heighten specific agenda items that otherwise have less significance.'

'The universal battle of information vs maintaining ignorance to manipulate the masses.'

What would you like in greater detail?

Edit:
Human nature and historical patterns are neglected way too much. I wrote/researched that specifically in a short time based on previous research so I'm happy to fill any holes. But if you or anyone says it's baseballs with no specific criticism or information, I've nothing to work with and no reason to take the complaint seriously.
This is why World War Three will not happen anytime soon based on historical trends:

There is a lot out about terrorists and the weapon capabilities of various nations, recently North Korea. What will come of it all? Will we suffer an apocalyptic third world war? My answer is: no. And here's why (based on a USA focused view but many things are universal).

First, lets put things in perspective. Fatalities by...
Terrorism 1969 to 2009
http://www.heritage.org/research/re...-data-on-international-and-domestic-terrorism
"From 1969 to 2009, almost 5,600 people lost their lives and more than 16,300 people suffered injuries due to international terrorism directed at the United States."

Guns in 2010-11
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/16/murders-shootings-and-gun-sales-per-day_n_2488664.html
"While it's worth noting that the vast majority of gun owners are law abiding, the cold, hard numbers about deaths and injuries due to guns seem equally noteworthy. Guns were used in 11,422 homicides and 19,392 suicides in 2010, according to the CDC, and were used either intentionally or accidentally to wound 59,208 people in 2011."

I'm not trying to downplay terrorism but lets not go crazy about it and start another war. I hate the corrupt media for distorting these things to use people's fear. This type of comparison could have been made with many things by these are hot subjects right now and frankly I'm cynical about both. Look at the numbers.

Since mankind has had society we've had propaganda. Good read:
http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/propaganda.aspx
It's needed for wars. People do not like wars or killing. To quote Hermann Goering,
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/goering.asp
"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
This is timeless and universal
http://history.howstuffworks.com/historical-figures/mccarthyism.htm
"The American Heritage Dictionary defines McCarthyism as "the political practice of publicizing accusations of disloyalty or subversion with insufficient regard to evidence.""

So why with all the modern conflicts and weapons would I say WW3 will not happen? The above says exactly why. "Of course the people don't want war." -This. Most people in every country are not monsters; they're good people. With the way the world is divided into countries, even with 'media giants' organizations spanning many different countries, only so many people can be tricked. If anyone starts a serious, high grade weapons assault the rest of the world simply will not tolerate it (you know it's important because it's in bold). People's universal dislike of war and nuclear weapons is strong enough to stamp out any sparks that could ignite WW3.
This is the information age. Almost anybody can look stuff up in minutes. Somethings are subjective but if you have solid science behind your arguments, they cannot be defeated. People are getting past the naive

stage. Knowledge is power and the common person can access it. Different nations are not as alienated from each other because the internet as well.

If you want a message in here: Get informed, get active and keep things in perspective.
No offence Rizen, but this is complete ********.

wtf they censor the word bollocks? What's this nonsense?

I get the hanging word but am not sure what you're trying to get at?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1yLDearRxA

:018:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Bippity>Boppity>Buu.

@Gheb this is interesting to hear. If you want to continue with PMs feel free.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^That's too bad. I discovered a vein of gold in the Rockies. The coordinates might be included in a simple riddle somewhere in the last few posts.

It was fun while it lasted :crying:

...So, when teaming with G&W how early does bucketed blaster KO? G&W and Wolf seem like a good team. G&W's generally a good partner.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I didn't read it but I will later when I'm on a computer that has a screen that I can read paragraphs on.

I'm on a new to me computer and I have had to installl like 900 updates. damn.

But if I get bored enough I might see if I can do wolf video stuff. My youtube account was logged on while I watched a lot of the videos for it so I can find them easier. There's this one that if I can't find I'm not going to do it.

tru0067

Smash Journeyman
^That's too bad. I discovered a vein of gold in the Rockies. The coordinates might be included in a simple riddle somewhere in the last few posts.

It was fun while it lasted :crying:

...So, when teaming with G&W how early does bucketed blaster KO? G&W and Wolf seem like a good team. G&W's generally a good partner.
G&W and Samus are ****ing epic because of bucket

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I've watched Lumi get beaten by V115 on stream and came to the conclusion that you all suck vs ZSS.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Bio taught me the MU. ZSS players are helpful and legit.

It was interesting talking to people in other countries about world matters :) (not sarcasm). Too bad it didn't take off here.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Well Im actually learning ZSS as a legit secondary, for MK and DDD reasons :) But, I dont think wolf is at disadventage, knowing the MU and all, the only bad thing is the Dsmash chain that goes up to 80+

tekkie

Smash Master
nah i never had a zss problem, you guys are weird :embarrass:

edit: serious though that dsmash **** is bull****, i hope wolf isnt such a derp**** in smash 4 <3

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'll play him but not main him.
I hope Wolf and everyone look realistic and not too much like SF Command. Space animals' heads get more stretched vertically :(.

vs

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Chances are high that I'd still main Wolf, provided he kept the same general playstyle. Can't say for sure without trying out all the newcomers and revamped characters though, and then there's also the whole potential mechanics changes to consider :x

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I've watched Lumi get beaten by V115 on stream and came to the conclusion that you all suck vs ZSS.

I don't. I never get to fight the ones in bracket. Every other :wolf: does :c. I used to go back and forth with PatG and consistently beat Sassy (Sassy isn't a very good example, but he knew how to play :zerosuitsamus:, which is all I really needed).
how many of you guys are going to play wofl in smash 4?
Depends who all the options are. Most people have some idea where they are just gonna pick the best character from the get-go, but I doubt that will happen. I'll just pick the one I like the most.
I'll play him but not main him.
I hope Wolf and everyone look realistic and not too much like SF Command. Space animals' heads get more stretched vertically :(.

vs
Ew. :fox: sucks.
Is Wolf confirmed for smash 4?

Nothing is confirmed yet.

:wolf: list of bad characters: :marth:, :fox:, :yoshi2:, :sonic:, :peach:, :dk2:, and :falcon:.

:wolf: list of broken characters: :lucas:, :dedede:, :wario:, and :zerosuitsamus: now.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ew. :fox: sucks.
Lol, yeah.

All the characters who were in Melee and Brawl are safe bets for SSB4, imo. Probably most Brawl characters unless Sonic and Snake companies have contract issues. There's a Wind Waker remake so TL will probably return. Brawl didn't have clone characters like Melee so there aren't any to cut for that. Lucario is the most likely to go; he might be replaced by Mewtwo again.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
I'll trying everybody and decide how i like for the next smash, which i would go nuts if they have Isaac from Golden Sun series or Paper Mario, but again it all depends on what the list of characters is

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
spacie syndrome

wolf will just combo him too oblivion

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Ill still play wolf, even if he sucks, that being said, I wont main him if he becomes a low tier or has a serious handicap vs 80% of the game, much as Ish said :) Im expecting new characters specially golden sun or xeno related. I Really hope wolf doesnt get cut out, I mean, fox is like 100% sure to come back, and what is fox without his rival? Wolf = Bowser. They wont be cut out (I hope)

Seagull Why the heck is marth so easy? And lucas so hard???? lol did anyone record videos vs Leon or Mr R? Id love to see anything, even Mikehaze or Mikeneko

And also Brawl made Fox and wolf look like they took a punch in the face so hard it flattened.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Ill still play wolf, even if he sucks, that being said, I wont main him if he becomes a low tier or has a serious handicap vs 80% of the game, much as Ish said :) Im expecting new characters specially golden sun or xeno related. I Really hope wolf doesnt get cut out, I mean, fox is like 100% sure to come back, and what is fox without his rival? Wolf = Bowser. They wont be cut out (I hope)

Seagull Why the heck is marth so easy? And lucas so hard???? lol did anyone record videos vs Leon or Mr R? Id love to see anything, even Mikehaze or Mikeneko

And also Brawl made Fox and wolf look like they took a punch in the face so hard it flattened.
Cause :marth: sucks and sparkles are broken.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Lucas is lame, but we still beat him :p I was up game 1 in a $1 MM vs Mr. Haze before we had to leave the TV for a tournament match, went 2-1 against Fuwa in friendlies, and was beating Leon in friendlies after APEX until he remembered he was better than me lol. Still had close matches.

Marth... you need to push your strengths in the MU for it to look good, because it's really even but Wolf can usually get better punishes when Marth messes up. Learn to punish his aerial landings, or rather, which ones you can punish and how. That's the most important imo, and then we have juggling and ledge trapping and blaster to help too.

:phone:

Top Bottom