• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
it's easier to camp him, like super easy to camp him on that stage vs other stages if wolf camps the tilt of the stage correctly.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Damn, if that was a week later, I might go. I'm gonna be in summer classes from July 1-August 9th and July 8th-August 9th (and yes, I know that's the same time frame, there's just two sessions and I'm doing both, I assume one for people who can do the 4th of july weekend and those who can't ?).

Once upon a time KRD somehow wound up in a music video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8CsM96SEtM&feature=youtu.be

I've been hyped for this music video ever since I sent in my clip back in December. (For those who don't know who I am, I'm the person with the red Bass Guitar, completely black shirt, and hair that's kinda in my eyes that appears 3 times in the video)

:059:
Didn't you do Sonic 3 world 5 theme (Ice whatever too lazy to remember or type it on google but instead wrote out this long sentance) or you posted one that you liked but you did a song that was in the same general convo.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Awesome work KRD!!!!!!!!!! That's legit!

How did your band start?
It's not my band xD. That band is just a band I found out about years ago and liked a lot, and last December they decided to do a crowd-sourced music video by having the fans send in clips of them either playing or singing along with the song, and then poof, now they made a music video out of it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^The video was very well done; it fooled me lol.

Lots of nocturnal Wolfs.

I noticed Wolf players aren't Starfox 'fanboys' as much as other character players. Link players are practically required to be Zelda fanboys. PT players are big on pokemon. Kirby players are Kirby fanboys or fan girls. Zelda, Peach and Kirby seem to have the most actual girl players. Maybe followed by Pika and Marth. Wolfs don't use him because fanboyism.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I fall into one of those Wofls who isn't a starfox fanboy. Though I don't pick characters based on who I like as a character, I pick based on movesets and stuff and who I have the most fun using.

Ice Climbers are the only character I've used seriously in tourny that I mained for the characters themselves, since I used to love ice-elemental stuff.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I tend to play characters from games I don't like.

I'm not big into Kirby, but I use him in 64.

OOT is an incredibly overrated game but I use sheik in melee.

And Star Fox is pretty meh, Wolf was always cool though.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I was into Kirby when they were challenging. Canvas Curse was brilliantly challenging and fun. Now Kirby games are major letdowns.

Starfox 64 and Assault were fun in a campy way but I never was super into them. Dinosaur Planet got me through not having a non-toon Zelda on Game Cube if you count it as a Starfox.

Most of my characters I play because they taught me different aspects of Brawl. Link- always my main. Zelda- I had trouble vs Linkz and Ven so I learned her, she's floaty. Ganon, I like even though there's no good reason to use him, he teaches you to be fearless with bad... everything. Bowser helped me understand good OoS and GR play. PT was one of my worst (3) characters so I learned them and their grabs/spacing, Squirt helped me learn fast close spacing. Wolf plays closest to Link in a weird way and he's aggressive. G&W made up for bad MUs like DDD and helped me go offstage, juggle, Nair and rising aerial. MK helps with not running back to the edge immediately, gliding, sharking, scrooging, having a good OoS/neutral response and actually having a good character with few restraints.

rsr2

Smash Lord
<- Starfox Fanboy thanks to my Grandpa. Starfox was his favorite game and that literally got me into video games and every time I went to his house, he wanted me to play it so yeah.

Also look at what I got today :D

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Family, the reason people like the games they like.

Or something iunno. My mom played the final fantasy series a lot, as well as lots of other RPGs, and thus, so did I. And we both played Pokemon, though she quit after 1st gen sadly.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I started with the original NES. Most of my gaming tastes developed from that. Until I bought a used PS2 I only had 1 console which was always Nintendo so I'm not a big Sony or XBox fan. The PS2's my only non-Nintendo console. So I played Zelda, Mario, Megaman X, Donkey Kong and those. My friend had FFVII which got me into FF games but the only ones I owned were for the PS2. I borrowed and beat FFVII several times though.
/not much to tell

tekkie

Smash Master
gaming was banned in my house except handhelds; the rest i either played on emulators or when i visited my dad. i never had real access to a console until mid high school and that was only for DDR. i never 100% owned a console until about three years ago when i saved up to buy a used Wii :>

rsr2

Smash Lord
My mom banned all video games in the household and wanted me to play every sport and focus on homework. The only time I was ever able to watch T.V was when WCW Monday Night Nitro was on. Then my parent's divorced and the first thing my dad did was buy me a lot of video games and I mean A LOT. Just imagine N64 kid times 10, that's how excited I was.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I have a weird schedule or lack of. Insomnia just ****ing sucks and so does doing everything on 1.5 hours of sleep :( . I've often been alone and not feeling productive my entire life so games slipped in frequently. The world dies from about 1:30-4AM; diurnal people suck (jk).

TBH I'm disappointed in my lack of accomplishment recently :[ .

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Just watched the vids, not gonna lie, Sync, but just about every ROB I have played recently is better than that dude, however I was impressed with your play. (I've played Mr Eric/SneakyTako/Stingers/Ghoul our local recently).
Ow, well first thanks for the compliment, and second, well.... Alex isnt that bad xD, I know he didnt perform as flashy as one would expect but his playstyle is weird. We often talk about how he wins with ROB with absolutely no techskill but pure effectiveness. I wish I could play with the other ROB's offline but you guys are too far away :/ Only managed to play Mr Eric online but that doesnt count. Also I should have recorded the vids against Yei and Bryan. I pulled a legit Jab combo to another reverse Jab combo at 0% on Yei's Wario. Felt awesome haha.

Also Med school is making me say good bye to videogames and losing time on the internet D:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Got 7th in Nj/Ny today. Highest I've ever placed there. Kinda proud since it shows I have improved. I lost to Vex in winners due to getting gayed on Halberd game 3 (I won R1 :metaknight: vs :gw: and lost R2 :wolf: vs :dedede:). There is nothing one can do about sharking :metaknight: on that stage. I beat Bloodcross, Pink Fresh, RJ, and Megaplox. My 2nd loss was to Nakat's :popo:. I need to watch more of Kain's sets vs :popo:. I just play clueless outside of camp them.

In a side note, I'm back to being good vs :metaknight: again. I've been using a ****load more ground options (Jab/Grab) and making myself less punishable when someone is behind me by dropping shield and grabbing an opponent behind me, rather then spotdodging/aerial out of shield/rolling/jumping away. I've also been practicing reading glides pretty well.

And to think, I didn't practice this week loooooool.

:018:

_Kain_

Smash Champion
You actually play really well vs ICs one thing I noticed you do though is you tend to tunnel vision when you are camping vs ICs (on BF you start jumping from left to right, right to left, making it easier for opponents to guess where you are gonna land) or you panic when they get close to you and do something unsafe. Other than that everything else you do good, and I think you camp way better than me in the MU LOL

Did your sets get saved vs Nakat? And what stages did you lose on?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
You actually play really well vs ICs one thing I noticed you do though is you tend to tunnel vision when you are camping vs ICs (on BF you start jumping from left to right, right to left, making it easier for opponents to guess where you are gonna land) or you panic when they get close to you and do something unsafe. Other than that everything else you do good, and I think you camp way better than me in the MU LOL

Did your sets get saved vs Nakat? And what stages did you lose on?
They didn't get saved. They were on Smashville R1 and Lylat R2. On Lylat I went :metaknight: and that was a terrible decision. On Sv I tripped so many times lol...

Maybe I camp better, but that's because I'm more afraid LOL. You approach hella better then I do.

I've realized that the best option is to take damage from Uairs or whatever that :popo: hits me with till like 40-50 (?) so I can't get solo :popo: Dthrow cg'd because that leads to death.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I made yall proud yesterday, though it doesn't show in the results thread. Lost to Mr. Doom on livestream (also I did relatively uncensored commentary, though I had to cut myself off a few times before I made any more 9/11 jokes) and Clel, who ***** my face, again.

Like I said, Clel is the best MK vs Wolf I know of. It's just disgusting how well he knows my options and reads. All the guys from Wichita, it's like not even fair to play Wolf vs them. I'm not joking, especially after how well I did vs people in friendlies...I might go LINK vs MK next tournament.

Anyway I played a billion friendlies and stuff, and I can consistantly beat everyone in the areas secondaries except Domos Marth and MJG's not DeDeDe (because I pedo'd that bird buttox).

I'll post a link to the live stream, if you watch it from after Bpow vs Mr. Doom-I blow my nose it's basically just me by myself on commentary talking about random **** and ******** about D3 and calling people who play MK ******* and ****. Clel came on to do commentary with me and he tried so hard to focus on the match but it's tough. Mr. Doom vs Domo is super hype, and if you can believe it, Lux vs Eggman was hyppppeee 2.5.

http://www.twitch.tv/kcbrawl?utm_campaign=live_embed_click&utm_source=s-static.ak.facebook.com

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Yeah % is irrelevant vs ICs especially on 1st stock, as long as you sustain a lead and aren't near death, and even better if you take the first stock. It only becomes relevant when it starts nearing a timeout. Dthrow CG is stupid especially when you knock nana away then get dthrow CGed enough for Nana to recover and get back to kill you...

Also you should prolly stop going MK against the better ICs, seems you do worse with MK than Wolf against them (same thing happaned to you at APEX lol) unless your willing to put time into the MK ICs MU

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Yeah % is irrelevant vs ICs especially on 1st stock, as long as you sustain a lead and aren't near death, and even better if you take the first stock. It only becomes relevant when it starts nearing a timeout. Dthrow CG is stupid especially when you knock nana away then get dthrow CGed enough for Nana to recover and get back to kill you...

Also you should prolly stop going MK against the better ICs, seems you do worse with MK than Wolf against them (same thing happaned to you at APEX lol) unless your willing to put time into the MK ICs MU
Very true and I'll stop going :metaknight: unless it's a gay enough stage or something.

Do you know what percent the Dthrow cg stops working? That's the only reason I'm hesitant to fight them at low percents for the exact reason you said.

I think this matchup is -1 for us, but I won't opt for a change because I know other :wolf:'s do better then me vs them.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
You could always check in training mode since you would be checking an unstaled move so you won't require hacks, but it's prolly around 50-60% like you said. And I've always felt the MU was a -1 lol

Rizen

Smash Legend
Great work Seagull and Rob!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not joking, especially after how well I did vs people in friendlies...I might go LINK vs MK next tournament.
Fixed. I can help with that MU on the Link forums if you'd like.
Dthrow CG is stupid especially when you knock nana away then get dthrow CGed enough for Nana to recover and get back to kill you...
^this.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
you used to always say dair through the stage solved everything

:V
When they're just uairing. Not when they're prepping nados or uair baits (far below the stage to bait a reaction) into shuttle loop.

@Rob: I don't think Kansas is amazing vs :wolf: in particular, but that is probably the best state in the Midwest in general.

The amazing players who I know are good vs :wolf: from the Midwest are Shugo, Domo, DSF (?), and Ally. I haven't played MJG in singles before to make a call on him being very good vs :wolf: or not. I just know he has a losing or even record with Kain.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I agree that ICs beat us +1. Good stuff beating BC, Joe. His MK is really good when he's in the right mood.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I agree that ICs beat us +1. Good stuff beating BC, Joe. His MK is really good when he's in the right mood.

Thanks. I shouldn't have lost to Vex's :metaknight: though. He didn't outplay me in any regard. He just gayed me, but there isn't anything I can do about that other then go :metaknight: myself.
I'm planning to go to Sktar2. Who's gonna be there? Joe? Ish? Pane?

I missed this post earlier, but yes I will be there and I guarantee Pane will too. Dunno about Ish.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Someone (I think GoldenAdept) linked some orchestral song in this thread months and months ago in response to a comment I made. I still to this day love it and am glad he linked it.

Also I want the new smash to come out already.

Top Bottom