• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf and Donkey Kong

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I've been experimenting with DK a bit lately, and I'm turning out to be almost as good as him as I am as Wolf. Out of curiosity, does DK make a good second for Wolf?

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Well, let's say you go Wolf against DDD. Since that's a bad matchup you'll go DK against him...oh shiz.

Just kidding ^_^

Second who you want. I personally wouldn't recommend it, but hey you know, if it works. I second a crappy character too, (Pika) so I don't have any weight to my opinion. If you want to, go ahead.

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
Pika as a crappy character? lol

What match ups do you have trouble with wolf? if DK covers the ones your wolf cant then go for it. Dont go strictly by what match up discussions state, but match ups you personally dont like for your wolf. Or just a second that fits your play style. Sounds like you've enjoyed DK so no reason not to throw DK into your line of characters ^^.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
my mains are bowser and wolf. i need secondaries for ddd and other bad matchups.both suffer ddd matchups.my secondaries are falco,peach,snake,meta,and sonic.falco beats ddd pretty good and cant be cg'd only tech chased.plus u can cg him and laser spam better then he can waddle dee spam.but yea dk is good just not against ddd.he can be easily infinited.even if u take that out he is outspaced by waddle dees and ddd gayness

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
lol pika has no priority?? dude pika has great priority.

and ninjalink's DK beats DDD's. i really feel like he has the tools not to get grabbed, just like wolf. and since ridiculous cg's seem to be the trend nowadays its gonna be an even more vital part of our metagame, and brawl's metagame in general.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
I don't think wolf/dk is a very good combination. They both have the same bad match ups and same bad stages so it won't help u too much.

Luigi_Lova62

Smash Journeyman
I also use Wolf and DK in brawl. I feel like i'm better with wolf than DK. When I play with Donkey Kong in brawl, it jus doesn't feel the same. Like, I've kinda lost touch with him. In melee, I **** with DK!

=)@MePlz

Smash Apprentice
I've been experimenting with DK a bit lately, and I'm turning out to be almost as good as him as I am as Wolf. Out of curiosity, does DK make a good second for Wolf?
Yes, if you don't see D3's. But you probably do, so that's a problem.

I personally main Wolf and Diddy.

Diddy has good matchups against the top tier.

And Wolf is there to be bad@**.

Wait... SHOULDN'T THIS THREAD BE IN THE Q&A?

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
I secondary Falco, although I am nowhere near as good with him or any other character as I am with Wolf.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Wolf and Donkey Kong are beast in teams. However, as a main and secondary that is a terrible idea. The idea of a secondary is to support your main in his weaknesses. Donkey Kong does pretty poorly against Metaknight and ROB and don't even mention Dedede.

Falco, I find, is a pretty good secondary. Though, ideally you should just main/second Metaknight lulz

Top Bottom