• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wolf and the new tier list

JCav

Smash Lord
:(((((((((((((((((

ok guys 22.

you guys know it and i know it. wolf is not the 22nd best character in this game.

in defense of the people who made the list though, i cant blame them because their is less than 5 wolf players who consistantly place, and barely win.

i read somewhere that now wolf is the worst space animal. of course it is debateable but it is just sad to see our character at the place he is.

so what, do you guys think?

i think wolf has the potential to be back to a higher tier spot and its up to us to bring in the results

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
we need to step it up in tournies.problem tho is wolf is like the easiest character in the game to cg.almost everyone has a cg on him.more laserz to solve the problem.lol

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I'm not suprised that Fox passed him, actually. I suppose people should compose a list of the characters above Wolf, that they think he's better than, for starters.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Lol honestly i don't care about wolf's tier placement. It just makes me that much happier when i 3 stock higher tier characters.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
You guys act like the tier list actually matters. It's actually opinion. I don't care if the opinion is from elitists, pros, or what not. Humans are biased, prone to mistakes, etc. There's also the problem of popularity. Again, tier list = fail. I'm against tier lists, but I do believe one truly does exist. But our ability to find it as humans is so flawed it's hilarious.

I think Wolf has the ability to make it into B, but that's as far as I'll say he can go.

As for how Wolf will rise, it's up to how we practice and how often we go to tourneys. Before we think about Wolf going up, he has to actually place in tourneys. I honestly don't go to tourneys because I'm busy and don't have a job (that'll change this fall, and I'll be showing up for once). I'm not good now, but I know I can change things. But it's up to everyone that cares to get money, get a car, find a tourney and play every single elitist there.

The key is tourneys. Play. Play. Play. Play. Drink a Pepsi. Play. Play. Play.

The fact Wolf went down was not a surprise. For me, personally, the biggest surprise is that he only went down by 2 spots.

But honestly, like Castor said, it doesn't matter. My only Wolf-related goal is to **** everything with him.

hundreds of utilts

Smash Apprentice
It's not really a big deal. even though I'm a little surprised he's below fox.

Wolf just doesn't have enough representation yet. he's way lower than he should be...

JCav

Smash Lord
thanks for the somewhat flaming and different view than myself, my opinion is changed and my pride for maining wolf will not die :)

JCav

Smash Lord
Who's that reply to?
you and everyone else who posted on this

i thought the tier list was some big thing and it had such a huge impact on everything

and then i realized ive played wolf the whole time so it really doesnt matter what they say about him...

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Like Castor said it makes it that much more sweet when i beat a higher tier character XD Wolf could be last id still use him idc

AlKrauser

Smash Cadet
i think its a good think he is so low, so then when you win with him you dont get beef for using him, as opposed to using top tier like MK or Snake

Vista

Smash Journeyman
We get beef for playing Wolf regardless cause all Wolf players just spam and suck at the game duh LOL

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
The key is tourneys. Play. Play. Play. Play. Drink a Dr Pepper. Play. Play. Play.
Fixed.

I pretty much agree, but it's just a list, and based off of what they can see in tournaments nobody can say their interpretation isn't justified. Play who you want to play, if you think they are better, prove it to others at tourneys if you're not comfortable with people having different (and somewhat flawed) opinions about your character.

And as Dv8tor said, players are what really influence the community's view on the character.

:059:

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
You guys act like the tier list actually matters. It's actually opinion. I don't care if the opinion is from elitists, pros, or what not. Humans are biased, prone to mistakes, etc. There's also the problem of popularity. Again, tier list = fail. I'm against tier lists, but I do believe one truly does exist. But our ability to find it as humans is so flawed it's hilarious.

I think Wolf has the ability to make it into B, but that's as far as I'll say he can go.

As for how Wolf will rise, it's up to how we practice and how often we go to tourneys. Before we think about Wolf going up, he has to actually place in tourneys. I honestly don't go to tourneys because I'm busy and don't have a job (that'll change this fall, and I'll be showing up for once). I'm not good now, but I know I can change things. But it's up to everyone that cares to get money, get a car, find a tourney and play every single elitist there.

The fact Wolf went down was not a surprise. For me, personally, the biggest surprise is that he only went down by 2 spots.

But honestly, like Castor said, it doesn't matter. My only Wolf-related goal is to **** everything with him.
You inspire me!! I'm not going to take this sitting down, it's time to stop lurking, start finding more things about wolf on here, its time to step it up and start going to tourneys and winning consistently. Wolf has so much potential that other people aren't seeing, it's our time to step up and show the world how good wolf can be, sure he's not the best in the game, but he has near neutral match-ups with most of the cast. It's time for us to show them why he is better than C tier!! If we don't do anything now, ****ing Sonic is soon to pass us and we'll be bumped to low tier. Let's do this!!

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Tires Don Exit.

Just pwn face with wolf. Tiers are for general information and ranking purposes based on tournament results. They are neither right nor wrong but simply show the more likely placements in tournaments due to frequent placings.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
you guys might know me or not but i'm a fox main prolly considered the best one OFFLINE. and well i just want to let ya'll know that i played wolf on and off since the release of brawl and recently decided to pick him up permenantly to fight Oli (so annoying). and the idea of wolf being that low doesnt make sense either, i won't lie i do occasionally say wolf sux but, he IMO is should be placed no less than mid of mid tier as to my fox i think he should be the very top of mid tier. wolf is awesome regardless

castorpollux

Smash Champion
you guys might know me or not but i'm a fox main prolly considered the best one OFFLINE. and well i just want to let ya'll know that i played wolf on and off since the release of brawl and recently decided to pick him up permenantly to fight Oli (so annoying). and the idea of wolf being that low doesnt make sense either, i won't lie i do occasionally say wolf sux but, he IMO is should be placed no less than mid of mid tier as to my fox i think he should be the very top of mid tier. wolf is awesome regardless
good sht rookie

nice to have another solid player to rep wolf

mith132

Smash Apprentice

I completely agree with you on the tier list. As for playing more, I believe (after watching videos and playing other decent people) that my wolf has tournament potential. The only problem is I don't have a liscense yet, and am unable to attend tourneys. Anyways, I'm not even sure if there are legit tourneys in Oregon. Anyone have a good link to find some?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Where's Gheb when I need him? I wish to gloat about Fox if I may? Haha i'm just kidding but I am very surprised that the SBR put Fox above Wolf......although I personally feel it's deserved.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
We need Emblem Lord here to tighten the screws in your heads.

The list is ****. Just because its influenced by tourney results. Metagames are only a section of the list.

Its also why falcon went up two and fox did as well.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Is not the point of the tier list to determine how the characters would stack up in a tournament-setting? If Rookie is performing very well with Fox in one of the toughest smash regions in the country and yet there are no Wolf players doing much of anything then why should Fox not be placed where he is?

I think Wolf is a very limited character and once you understand how to play against him.......he's not hard. Granted tournament results don't show everything but when your character is sevrely underplayed it is for a reason........hence the drop.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
im so proud.today i did a quintuple bair on a luigi.5 bairs.so proud i may shed a tear.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Anyone remember the early days of Brawl when everyone thought Wolf was at the top?

I think Wolf is underplayed because his matchups are average, most of the time 50/50 45/55 60/40 and he is an easy target to CG, if people actually try to find ways to improve him maybe he can go back to his old spot.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
^ Agreed with BigM... good olimars are no fun :(

Wolf is a good character, there just hasn't been much development with him after the early stages compared to other characters. If anyone could look into boost grabbing, I think it would be an interesting followup after a dthrow at mid %s.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
^ Agreed with BigM... good olimars are no fun :(

Wolf is a good character, there just hasn't been much development with him after the early stages compared to other characters. If anyone could look into boost grabbing, I think it would be an interesting followup after a dthrow at mid %s.

While that's a good point, I'm sure ANY opponent that's good isn't easy to play against.

But honestly, I played a good Olimar once, and I spammed laser the entire time. Apparently, he had a problem, because I won.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I'm sure they can. I'm just promoting the "be afraid of the player, not the character" kinda idea. But I see the general consensus. Olimar can screw you up, definitely.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
I'm sure they can. I'm just promoting the "be afraid of the player, not the character" kinda idea. But I see the general consensus. Olimar can screw you up, definitely.
Yeah, its cool.

I mean, the perfect example was when Ally ***** an MK with Falcon.

But back to wolf, he definitely can go up. And down. Its a race to see whose metagame becomes the best during that period of time. Wolf had an early start with the discoveries of some crucial ledge techniques. Its just that we had to keep up that pace to stay ahead.

Okay, whatever. I'm just weird.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Wolf most definitely is not #22. My Wolf has placed 2nd, 3rd, 5th in tournies, but nowadays my area doesn't have alot of tournies =/

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
i think wolf is looked down on alot. but makes it better this should make us want to do bettter, cuz wolf deserves to be higher tier, the only problem is that wolf is too easy to get countered by falco or d3 or mk. alot of wolf user end up having to pick up a secondary to be able to beat those bad counterpick. so i think we just need to keep and try to place higher even if they dont change him the true wolf users know where they stand im i right??????

Top Bottom