• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf banned from tournies?(question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jones4Life

Smash Apprentice
In the space between you're oven and fridge
So i was at a tourney today, granted not a big mlg thing, but wolf was banned from the tournament. alot of the more experienced players agreed that wolf is overpowered and banned from all tournaments. Also, the rules stated that you could not play as wolf in the tournament matches. So, is this true or just local tournaments not knowing what they're doing?

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
i would put down my controller and laugh at all the people that couldnt counter wolf. Honestly he has good kill moves but he could easily be countered by faster chars or those with longer reach such as DK. If they banned wolf well ill be playing melee.

Sorry but honestly i think people give wolf to much credit in a couple of months he isnt going to be the great char. he is right now.

Wufei74

Smash Rookie
They might as well ban d3. And lets get rid of Marth, because he's just too stellar. Oh, we can't forget about Peach either.

I would have probably said something along those lines to them. Just because they can't handle the wolf :/

and lol at the EWGF sig vuo

Tiny Toon

Smash Rookie
I have to agree with vuo. Wolf is only as capable as any other character. If he's banned than that tournament is a joke.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
lol WOLF GOT BANNED IN A TURNY WITH ITEMS...LOLOLOL and they call wolf over powered here lets just even it out for now on every char is banned except CFalcon.

Obviously they didnt know what they where doen but its ok as long as its not around me other wise id b like...ummmmm fine ima go play melee in the corner over here...

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
Whoever was hosting that tournament obviously had no idea what they were doing. Wolf is a great character, but there's nothing he has that would make him broken to the point where anyone using him has an advantage so great that the other player doesn't stand a chance.

Reading your posts really makes me want to enter that tournament with Dedede, Ice Climbers, or Falco and then use chainthrows non-stop, that would show those "experienced" players what overpowered looks like. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying those characters are overpowered, I only think chainthrowing is.

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
lol@u

but srsly wolf should be banned 4 sure (joke char fsmash makes him go forward IMBA??)

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
Neh wolf should not b banned yes the Fsmash has good range but as long as its not abused there is no point in banning a char for one move thats like saying lets ban marth and ike cuz their downB counters every attack. Like i said wolf is overrated hes not going to b the grate char u guys think he is in a couple of months

ashark8doom

Smash Rookie
lol BANNED from the tournament... any other characters banned? Marth.... Maybe everyone should have played as Captain Falcon or Jigglypuff lol this makes me laugh and then feel very sad for whoever decided that... I can almost see them crying as a lvl5 Wolf kicks their ***. I would have just Facepalmed the owner/s and left.

Ralucard

Smash Cadet
phe... He's not THAT great against defensive players, specially defensive Marth players >_<... well, at least I have problem with a particular defensive marth >_>

crazy88

Smash Rookie
I love Wolf for 1 on 1. His run speed is slow but his moves are actually pretty quick. Side smash is pretty decent. I don't think hes over powered though cause he doesn't come close to having the ability to KO at low % like Ike, Ganondorf, DK, etc... Just my opinion.

PCHU

Smash Lord
WHAT IS WRONG WITH TODAY'S SOCIETY?

I thought Wolf was great, but after playing, I found I have an extremely deadly Lucas and Ike.
Wolf rocks, but it seems as if he's been nerfed ever since Starfox 64.
Yes, I'm talking about his Star Fox appearances.

Drezel

Smash Cadet
youre ****in stupid for just ASKING if the store owners didn't know what they were talking about. :confused: i mean cmon the most unbalanced character in brawl is wario :mad: wtf

mossdog

Smash Apprentice
sounds like who ever was holding the tourny got whooped by wolf at some point and was being a little tweeter about it.

did you say objects were on ?

did you also play on the waro ware level? :laugh:

mossdog

Smash Apprentice
youre ****in stupid for just ASKING if the store owners didn't know what they were talking about. :confused: i mean cmon the most unbalanced character in brawl is wario :mad: wtf
don't flame the guy not for boycotting someone...
store managers are the dumb ones not the people who want to play.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
...Wolf???....Banned???

Lol, he's the worst space animal let alone not one of the top characters. Might as well ban TLink, Mknight, GW, Rob, and Snake lol

ANYWAYS, yeah, even if Wolf turned out to be super broken, no actual tournament will ban a character, ever.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
How sad...Now I've only played a few friends of mine who was just playing around with wolf and about 3 different wolf players online with mostly little lag but Wolf isn't good just gay, very gay.

However once you start to get use of his camping gun and way annoying forward and down smash he becomes easier to fight.

starwolfpaul

Smash Rookie
The people that did that must be crazy because wolf isn't all that strong. He's not as strong as Ike who can KO at about 60%. He is pretty strong, but for them to get rid of him means they should get rid of all the heavy characters like bowser and Ike who can KO at lower percentages.

Mains(in order)
1.Fox
2.Lucario
3.Wolf
4.Ike
5.Toon Link
6.Falco

6footninja

Smash Ace
I don't even like Wolf. But banning him....yeah I still don't care. People are going to complain though if they ever proceed to making it official. And really, we get enough of that on these boards.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
...Wolf???....Banned???

Lol, he's the worst space animal let alone not one of the top characters. Might as well ban TLink, Mknight, GW, Rob, and Snake lol

ANYWAYS, yeah, even if Wolf turned out to be super broken, no actual tournament will ban a character, ever.
Worst spacie? Hardly. Falco is garbage. He get nerfed HARD. You may think this because you haven't played a good Wolf. Wolf has disgusting range and can cover a lot of ground from the middle of the stage. If you control the center, and use his blaster and shine according to stun in to combos, he will DOMINATE. His dmash and fsmash are quick, powerful and have long range.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Worst spacie? Hardly. Falco is garbage. He get nerfed HARD. You may think this because you haven't played a good Wolf. Wolf has disgusting range and can cover a lot of ground from the middle of the stage. If you control the center, and use his blaster and shine according to stun in to combos, he will DOMINATE. His dmash and fsmash are quick, powerful and have long range.
Heh, I destroyed CunningKitsune using Falco with much little effort.

Falco is the best space animal, even ask Mew2King (since you live in NJ).

My reasons = here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4182859&postcount=23
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4182956&postcount=28

Also consider what controlfreak has to say about Falco:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4194629&postcount=46

This>what you just said there.

Wolf's laser has too much lag for any combos, same goes for his shine. His blaster is the worst since it doesn't deal as much as Fox's can and it's doesn't effect approaches the way Falco's does. Speaking of shine combos, Fox actually has those since he can cancel his shine. So, basically, Wolf's shine is barely usable as attack and yeah..it can reflect, were as Falco's is the best for reflecting and much more useful as a move compared to Wolf's for obvious reasons.
His Fsmash and Dsmash aren't as good as people say. Buffed DIing = horizontal moves much harder to kill with; it's more effective to have a strong vertical killing move in this game. Especially one that can come out quickly/safe out of a shield and kill at damages that aren't to high at all *cough Fox and Falco *cough.

So in all, Fox/Falco have an easier time racking damage and KOing (Falco is better at surviving).

Not many people use Falco because he played completely different now. That being said, they think he's nerfed since he doesn't have shine combos and such...but who really has combos? Who still has the same speed the once did? Who has...tech skill??? lol Falco is either the same or better in this game (taking out all new characters and just looking at the ones who returned from Melee).
Falco is more about breaking approaches/spam, killing vertically, safe recovery, and dealing a ton of damage or gimps with grabs. However that being said, there isn't a Falco vid out there that can demonstrate a solid way of playing Falco; too many people are thinking about Melee.

Wolf is the worst space animal, still good as a character overall though.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
NJzFinest, you'd better just make four or five threads containing quoting all of your posts on the subject. Seriously when will people learn that Wolf isn't some God Tier, let alone High.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
UndrDog is right but yeah as for this thread i think Jones4Life got his answer theres no need to continue on this topic

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I bet they banned stock matches, wavedashing, and any form of mindgames from melée. The hosts at these kinds of tournies are like Nazis, THESEALLBANNEDSOYOUHAVEFUNNOW!!!

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
and im sure they kept in olimar, rob, snake, marth, ike, ddd, all the "gay" characters. Seriously wolf? Not olimar? Use your brains.

Darth JoBak

Smash Apprentice
joke topic? you can't be serious......no one actually thinks hes too OP......................do they?

/love wolf

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Let me get this straight:

They banned Wolf because they thought he was overpowered, but not Marth who actually is overpowered? >_>

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It's all subjective. Wolf and Marth both aren't over powered.
Brawl is more character counters than be-all-end-all character choices.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
WGWOLVERINE is right the Brawl is more about counters then character picks but thats my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom