• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf Boards Revival!

Choice

Smash Champion
Alright so honestly i dont really know what we should discuss but i feel like we should discuss somethin. Is there any type of thread that you guys would want or like anything like that? We're amazing at social threads and we have great videos, but lets get down to the nitty gritty you know? Caz I mean, behind the eye patch there is a wolf, and behind the wolf is his nucleus...

(10 points to anyone that recognizes the reference)

edit: ideas so far

-blaster thread
-bdacus thread (done)
-nair thread
-flash canceling usage thread? dehf already made one though on wolf boards though. maybe just a recovery thread in general.
-match up discussions and actually discussing what to do and not numbers.
-doubles thread
-stage thread

castorpollux

Smash Champion
1) Ishieymoro's yellow fever
2) Ishieymoro's 5 dollar free lunches
3) Blaster spacing (Make a thread of exactly how far you need to be so that it is unpunishable vs each character)

#3 isn't as important as the first two though

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think the BDacus is a good topic to start with; maybe Ish can do something like moving the opening post of the BDacus thread into this thread and make this like a general tactical thingy?

:059:

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
well i always wondered exactly what % on each character nair combos into dsmash....

but chances are im years late and somebody already made a list.

Kinetic

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I am really good enough to contribute to this kind of thread.

I guess the best place to start would be to analyze what tools we are and aren't using, then figure out why that is.

Why don't we use Flash Canceling more? Do we underuse or overestimate Upsmash? Which one and why? BDacus seems to be a FOTM on a lot of character's boards. Olimars are currently raving about it, post-Brood. Why have we decided it's so important? What makes it so good, and what can wolf do with his BDacus that would advance his metagame?

I dunno, just a thought.

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
Have a JumpShine video competition. Get people to compete in finding new ways to use it. Prize is the title of JumpShine King.

Text based discussions just aren't as productive on this board. A video competition is probably a better discussion method for the way the Wolf boards operate. The only downside (or is it upside?) is the sheer number of Bair Dancing video links that will inevitably occur.

But if it text based discussion you want...the MK punishment thread was a good start. I still think matchup discussions (NOT matchup ratios or broad X character is good at Y statements) in terms of what we should do, what zones to stay at, what we should do to avoid specific threats, etc. would be far more productive than discussing a single tech. The overall strategy matters more than a specific tactic.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah I agree with SP; we should start to share stuff on match-ups, esp. vs S-Tier.

tekkie

Smash Master
Yeah I agree with SP; we should start to share stuff on match-ups, esp. vs S-Tier.
Blaster spacing (Make a thread of exactly how far you need to be so that it is unpunishable vs each character)
these two. especially with characters that can punish you even after getting blasted rofl. we haven't discussed a matchup in months. all we do is discuss how awesome wolf is and how he needs to be higher tier.

D

Deleted member

^Agreed.

I think the Wolf boards could use a doubles thread that talks in detail what characters Wolf works well with. I was originally going to make this, but I have limited experience in doubles to know exactly what needs to be discussed.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
^Agreed.

I think the Wolf boards could use a doubles thread that talks in detail what characters Wolf works well with. I was originally going to make this, but I have limited experience in doubles to know exactly what needs to be discussed.
Metaknight

the solution to this game

castorpollux

Smash Champion
In game theory

metaknight = nash equilibrium

which means he's the solution to everything.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Metaknight is more broken in doubles then singles. Wolf and Mk together tho can be a very good team. Wolf tanks and laser stops combos entirely. Wolf comes over and gives a dsmash kill then runs away again. He can also dthrow to anything like D3.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I think banning JJ would result in a massive productivity increase ;)
<3 JJ

1) Ishieymoro's yellow fever
2) Ishieymoro's 5 dollar free lunches
3) Blaster spacing (Make a thread of exactly how far you need to be so that it is unpunishable vs each character)

#3 isn't as important as the first two though
I can write up a thread about 1 and 2, pretty sure I know more than enough to cover those :p

Let's keep BDacus to the other thread for now.

I made a thread on combos before, but it's very incomplete because I didn't have anyone to help me test and time johns. I think I got some information on nair to dsmash though, but only on Mario.

Kinetic, actual skill level doesn't directly correlate to how much you can contribute, take it from me :p

Doubles thread, idk... those are usually good ideas, but so few are really experienced and all that it just doesn't work out so well :dizzy: However, I do think that Wolf has very solid doubles potential with his zoning abilities, when partnered with someone that can zone over the ground very well I can see a quite formidable team.

Have a JumpShine video competition. Get people to compete in finding new ways to use it. Prize is the title of JumpShine King.

Text based discussions just aren't as productive on this board. A video competition is probably a better discussion method for the way the Wolf boards operate. The only downside (or is it upside?) is the sheer number of Bair Dancing video links that will inevitably occur.

But if it text based discussion you want...the MK punishment thread was a good start. I still think matchup discussions (NOT matchup ratios or broad X character is good at Y statements) in terms of what we should do, what zones to stay at, what we should do to avoid specific threats, etc. would be far more productive than discussing a single tech. The overall strategy matters more than a specific tactic.
This is a good idea. SP is always right lol. JJ had a character tips thread that definitely could use with some more work, and I still need to get the new matchup thread going X____x it's coming along aight though.

these two. especially with characters that can punish you even after getting blasted rofl. we haven't discussed a matchup in months. all we do is discuss how awesome wolf is and how he needs to be higher tier.
Yeah... Agreed.

Metaknight

the solution to this game
Metaknight is everything.

Laem

Smash Champion
Doesn't nair behave the same vs every character, in the sense that nair > dsmash is purely based off of timing(read: lucky hitstun hit right before landing)?

Imo btw, wolf is overall worse in doubles than singles, especially vs teams with MK's.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
After weeks among weeks of lurking, the Wolf thread is actually making a comeback? :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Imo btw, wolf is overall worse in doubles than singles, especially vs teams with MK's.
I dunno, I can't do crap against a team of MKs with Pit or Lucas, but my Wolf did relatively well against them. It was definitely an easier fight, but just never let them take you to smashville. It's kinda overwhelming...

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Also, the zoning thread I had from over a year ago. That stuff was actually pretty good, but idk, I feel like it should probably be kept to matchup discussions once I get that up :x Does anyone have interest in starting up a new stage thread? And maintaining it too, that's important :p

D

Deleted member

The tourney results thread needs updated.

Like....really soon. Before the new tier list.

And a stage thread sounds interesting.

M.C. Pee-Pants

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't nair behave the same vs every character, in the sense that nair > dsmash is purely based off of timing(read: lucky hitstun hit right before landing)?

nah its a little bit different for luigi cause of his shoes makes him slide + Wolf is atucually good in dubz it just depends on the user I made 4th in a offline tourney with a pit

Choice

Smash Champion
nair works the same vs every for the most part. it works the same way into the ground as it does when it ends so you can use it do similar combos in the air maybe only guaranteed with fair, uair, shine, blaster, or another nair.

Top Bottom