• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf Community Combo Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

iChilla0

Smash Cadet
In a Xat conversation over at http://www.xat.com/thespaceanimals/, the idea of a Wolf community combo video came about.

WE NEED SUBMISSIONS, but before that, we need to decide on a few things.

1. What music or specific songs should be used?
2. What level of editing should be used? (1-10, 1 being low, 10 being high)
3. Should there be introductions, or just the small text of the name of the player in the corner?
4. What aspect ratio of the game should be used? (Video will be 16:9)

Submissions will be taken over file-share sites. If you can only submit by Wii FC, we might be able to work something out.

NOTE: I will not be participating in this video, although I will be editing and collecting submissions.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
So looking forward to this <3

Edit: First and...for music, we need something EPIC. And then something star fox related. OH. And we definitely need "Can't let you do that!" In there. Like, that's a must.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Stickied! This looks super fun, and it'd only work if the whole Wolf community participates.

Starwolf theme from Assault! But I'm just one vote...

This is a little vague to me. Could you post examples of a 10? I don't know how edited your editing can get.

3. Should there be introductions, or just the small text of the name of the player in the corner?
Hmm... this is a toughy. Intro segments for each person's submissions would be kind of cool, but it might ruin the fluidity. I'm undecided on this.

Don't care. :3

iChilla0

Smash Cadet
This is a little vague to me. Could you post examples of a 10? I don't know how edited your editing can get.
Examples of large amounts of editing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeLAGk3b7qA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOhn-xd-xkk

Example of little editing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63j_b-5GQgQ

Example of medium editing (on the lighter side):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcz9eoTKLXg

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
As Xsyven said, anything is probably good so long as it works with the flow.

Are we going to have any sort of limit as to how many clips can be used by each player?

:059:

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I don't mind tons of editing on the introductory parts/transitions...just leave the gameplay alone. The gameplay should speak for itself without the need for editing. For example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcz9eoTKLXg Was a perfect balance of editing for the major introduction parts and crap, and minimal editing of the gameplay.

Also at the end with the credits and stuff, we need to have Wolf getting ***** with CGs. So, Pika's dthrow CG, DDD"s infinite, Wario's maybe, Falco's CG -> Spike, everything lol.

tekkie

Smash Master
Also at the end with the credits and stuff, we need to have Wolf getting ***** with CGs. So, Pika's dthrow CG, DDD"s infinite, Wario's maybe, Falco's CG -> Spike, everything lol.
lol, i love this. wtf moments would be awesome too. scarring straight under FD comes to mind only because i have a clip of it.

Mammal Sauce by Crotchduster, What's Happenin by The Ying Yang Twins, Gee by Girls Generation... or the Starwolf theme when we find a ****** version. (I'll start looking immediately.)

I'll be specific: use good transitions and all, good credits/opening, but don't put filters, zooms, etc. over the actual gameplay. that is as annoying as hell.

small text. how long would an intro be?

i dont use widescreen nor do i have a widescreen tv. we should work with whatever we can get :dizzy:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I love saving replays of dumb stuff like that, I'll be sure to send some clips like that for credits :D

As far as music goes... Fullmoon by Sonata Arctica would be cool, but I heard that it would be hard to edit to and that the intro is too long. The Last Amazing Grays is also epic but a bit on the slow side. Darn all of these songs I like not working D:

iChilla0

Smash Cadet
I don't mind tons of editing on the introductory parts/transitions...just leave the gameplay alone. The gameplay should speak for itself without the need for editing. For example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcz9eoTKLXg Was a perfect balance of editing for the major introduction parts and crap, and minimal editing of the gameplay.

I agree with all of this. Also, I think I'm just going to decide (based on the replays people will send in) if the introductions are necessary.

lol, i love this. wtf moments would be awesome too. scarring straight under FD comes to mind only because i have a clip of it.
I think that should go in the credits, don't you? Like Arc said, we can have embarrassing moments and stuff at the end.

I'll be specific: use good transitions and all, good credits/opening, but don't put filters, zooms, etc. over the actual gameplay. that is as annoying as hell.

small text. how long would an intro be?

i dont use widescreen nor do i have a widescreen tv. we should work with whatever we can get :dizzy:
I agree on the editing and aspect ratios, but I can record in either.. So that's why I want to know about that.

As for the intros, they would be about one clip long, I'm assuming.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Let's get a little general first, I personally don't want any vocals in during the gameplay, so we'd be stuck with techno (That's really generic but you can't really go wrong with it) or some instrumentals (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXRUTuq_pvo)

Also on a random side note. 0:35 through to 1:40 ish of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxQxqm_jInU For the intro. Sounds very Wolf like, especially if he's European.

Edit: As for introducing the players... I think we should have their name a cool Wolf picture (or something), and then a few clips with their name in the corner or something. The introduction to each player wouldn't be too long. I just don't like going straight to clips with little names in the top corner, the viewer should get an idea of who they're seeing before they start seeing gameplay.

KRDsonic

Smash Master

tekkie

Smash Master
I think that should go in the credits, don't you? Like Arc said, we can have embarrassing moments and stuff at the end.

I agree on the editing and aspect ratios, but I can record in either.. So that's why I want to know about that.
yeah, i meant have wtf moments in the credits in addition to the chaingrabbing. also, do you want replays or video files?

and arcpoint your video links are the same.

also if you need random techno, i have 100gb of music, at least 90% of which is electronic. if you give me a genre i can start looking.

iChilla0

Smash Cadet
yeah, i meant have wtf moments in the credits in addition to the chaingrabbing. also, do you want replays or video files?

and arcpoint your video links are the same.

also if you need random techno, i have 100gb of music, at least 90% of which is electronic. if you give me a genre i can start looking.
Feel free to handle music. It doesn't matter to me, as long as it's generally approved. Anyway, replays will work fine.

tekkie

Smash Master
arc, krd, you guys are so corny lol

since most of what i would suggest is electronic (and not restricted to cascada and we're in heaven techno remix downloaded straight from limewire lolz), here's what i can throw at you:

-pendulum is both popular and not **** (commercial drum n bass lol), so that wouldnt be a bad idea.
-juno reactor is the same deal, but i would only suggest a few songs (commercial goa lol).
-infected mushroom because i dunno someone might jump on it (commercial psychedelic lol).
-noisuf-x makes good aggrotech which might be bat**** insane but i dont know so imma throw it out there anyways.
-im recommending music from renard because theres nothing lulzier than using furry music for a wolf combo video.

youtube examples, in order:

the prodigy - voodoo people (pendulum remix)
juno reactor - conga fury animatrix edit
infected mushroom - becoming insane
noisuf-x - krach bumm
jackal queenston - conquer the world

iChilla0

Smash Cadet
Best one of the ones listed.

ANYWAY, Arc said that instead of putting tags on each clip, we should have a short intro for each player's segment. I personally love the idea, but that would mean that the segments would consist of a single player, meaning it would be about 20-40 seconds of each player's combos in a row. Although that wouldn't be randomized, I feel it would be less distracting from the gameplay. Let me know what the rest of you think.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
hmmm... it has vocals in it but how about, "seven days to the wolves" by nightwish? XD
or last of the wilds by the same band, its all instrumental
apocolyptica has a whole bunch of epic violin instrumentals in it
i'm going to try and start recording matches so that i can finally start contributing to stuff! it sounds awesome so far ><
i love the idea of showing the cg's at the end credits though, pure genius!

KRDsonic

Smash Master
The only songs I know about wolves are Ain't Your Fairytale by Sonata Arctica, The Cage by Sonata Arctica, The Last Amazing Grays by Sonata Arctica, and In My Eyes You're a Giant by Sonata Arctica.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Best one of the ones listed.
*agrees*

I don't know if we should have all of a player's clips in a row, it might be more interesting if we mix it up to make sure we avoid the same general playstyle for too long? Idk.

Also, Arc's idea for the credits is great, I'm sure we'll have plenty of stuff for that ;D

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
apocolyptica has a whole bunch of epic violin instrumentals in it
Apocalyptica use cellos actually.

Also guys, you're sending in replays so that Lexx can record them and then we have consistent quality as opposed to differing qualities throughout the vid.

I'm still for using 1:10 through about 2:10 of this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILRm0hUMQoI) for the introduction to the whole thing, or just the German part. It sounds so Wolf like!

And I think KRD likes Sonata Arctica, thoughts?

Edit 4 Ishiey: I would LOVE having the clips randomized, but some of us have BS tags (e.g. "=/"...Who's gonna know who that is?) or no tags at all, and then we'd have to have a thing of text in the corner telling the name...forcing the viewer to look at the name instead of the gameplay for a split second...

That's why I like the idea of intros, it's a short break from gameplay and it lets people know who's playing, and in case they forget (Something I'm liable to do xD ) There's a small, relatively obscure text thing in the corner to remind people.

Vetona the Zero

Smash Cadet
I'm in.

The title should be... "An eye a claw for a claw."

I'd say medium editing.

And for music I'd go with some heavy metal stuff.

I could deal with the edited names in the corner I don't really see an intro for this.

But I could find some good intro music either way.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Edit 4 Ishiey: I would LOVE having the clips randomized, but some of us have BS tags (e.g. "=/"...Who's gonna know who that is?) or no tags at all, and then we'd have to have a thing of text in the corner telling the name...forcing the viewer to look at the name instead of the gameplay for a split second...

That's why I like the idea of intros, it's a short break from gameplay and it lets people know who's playing, and in case they forget (Something I'm liable to do xD ) There's a small, relatively obscure text thing in the corner to remind people.
Did you look at the Diddy video? They had the names in the corner and it barely distracted me at all. And it's not about the individuals, it's about the character, right? ;D

Intros are definitely cool though, I'm honestly pretty indifferent about it, whatever flows best lol.

For music, we should use something hardcore-ish. Hardcore like this guy. Kinda.

iChilla0

Smash Cadet
Well, you guys can handle music, and as for the recording, I don't care who records it. I don't think inconsistent quality would make much of a difference, though. UnTouchAble had different recording qualities and it's one of the most highly revered combo videos out there.

Submissions can be sent through a PM or you can just post a link on this thread. I don't really care either way. =)

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
guilty gear has some awesome music in it, or blazblue! same type of music/game
zombie dance mix by the cranberries? thats dancy, i think wolf is more into heavy metal or something classical like wolfgang mozart

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Okay, I think we should break up the selecting of music into sections, there's the introduction (Where introduce cool SSE Wolf vids, what it is, the name of the video et cetera), there's the main gameplay videos where we actually have the epic Wolf combos, and then obviously the credits where Wolf is getting ***** by CGs and whatnot.

I think we should start with the song that's going in for the intro. I've seen it done as an individual song then transition into the gameplay song(s), or have the introduction part of the gameplay song (a good example would be happy feet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q9fL2kMHYk)

I'm personally for using 1:10 through about 2:10 of this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILRm0hUMQoI) for the intro and then transition into whatever. Another pretty cool gameplay song/with a intro part would be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTUN4GxKnCk OBviously after 2:30 ish it starts to get boring so we'd just transition that into another song, but yeah.

Thoughts? Any other coolio introduction songs?

iChilla0

Smash Cadet
Just finished United We Fall, so I'll now be accepting and recording submissions for the Wolf CV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom