• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf in dire need of help (Kosk and Snadmonkey)

smashisfun

Smash Cadet
I am asking for a huge favor and sorry to bother you two, but I would like to get your FC's sometime. I seriously need any help I can get with my Wolf, and playing Koskinator or Snadmonkey will definitely be the best ticket. I know I shouldn't base everything via online, but I am constantly struggling against some of the best players on another website, and I am tired of losing :( Hope you guys can help a fellow Wolf mainer out....before I lose all hope :dizzy:

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Online and waiting. Wolf vs Kirby I find is a bit in Wolfs favour, though it can go either way if both players are equally skilled.

smashisfun

Smash Cadet
The two matches I quit were because lag killed my recovery...and there is no point playing a match that technically is a "fluke"

smashisfun

Smash Cadet
Alright so we came close...I think I know my exact problem now...its shieldgrabbing and punishing. I either hold my shield too long or just fail at shield grabbing. Any advice Kosk?

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
My advice is dont leave games. If you die because of lag or delay, I'm not going to make fun of you for it, leaving a game because of a fluke death is total bull. Thats why at the end of that one fight with Ness I left, to teach you. Leaving games just isn't cool. Your Wolf is good but is predictable, my Wolf wasn't up to par those games because I've been practicing Ness lately, Ness to Wolf is a real change in gameplay you could imagine. We'll have to play again another time when I'm more trained up with Wolf.

smashisfun

Smash Cadet
Well I do not like to argue or start drama, but...for one I fought you to learn and train, if I die in a match because of lag, what's that training me for? I did us both a favor by ending the matches, its obvious you won if that happened, so why continue? Second, one of the times I died was due to blaster spam, yes blaster spam, for some reason you got a little trigger happy, and hey thats fine we all get carried away sometimes, but with a red connection (according to your dot on my screen), its a little bull to die in such a poor sport manner. And, I have been practicing with Lucario lately, way more than Wolf, so to say my Wolf wasn't up to par either is about right (considering how predictable I was). One more thing, shield grabbing, any advice or tips on it? Don't get me wrong, our matches were amazing, just I was expecting a little more, like something I could really pick up on, maybe some effective Wolf mindgames or anything.

smashisfun

Smash Cadet
Oh and how do I not become "predictable", btw your Ness was "predictable" too. Here me out before you get mad at me, the first Ness match I was like wow what an effective approach, then the second time around I try to adapt, and I won. So I guess maybe switch up a little bit, instead of going for the fair to down tilt approach everytime...maybe do some PK camping here and there...don't know alot about Ness, but I thought I would try and help you like you did for me : )

smashisfun

Smash Cadet
People, Kosk is not the M2K of Wolf >_>;
No, but he is the director of the Wolf boards and posts the most often about Wolf's tactics/strategies etc. so I would assume he has close to perfected Wolf. Then again, Brawl has only been out for a short time so who knowns how Wolf's or any other character's metagame will develop.

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
I would be willing to do some friendlies at some point smashisfun. My fc is 2621-2500-6721,, just gotta let me know when ur available. Wolf vs Kirby is a tough fight for kirby but he has some good low precent combo's and good edge skills against wolf. The downside is that kirby struggles getting the killing blow against a good wolf thats defending against smash attacks. I wouldn't say its not a big enough disadvantage either way to deffinentively claim either.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
If anything I'm here to call you an idiot for two reasons:

1. Don't be such a narrow-minded baboon. There are other Wolf players out there. Not to mention I find watching videos of other Smashers does a better job of teaching you what you should be doing, anyways.

2. Learn how to use the **** edit button.

smashisfun

Smash Cadet
How ignorant are YOU Kash? It is without a doub that Kosk is a great Wolf here on smashboards and you are actually critcizing me because I was in high hopes of learning something? You are actually partronizing me for trying to get better with Wolf? You sir are the baboon. No I find matches better than watching smash videos because videos don't teach you how to handle every single situation...a match puts you right in the action and that is where you truly learn what works and what fails under circumstances. Run along now Kash, I don't recall ever asking for your help (nor do I want it from someone as rude as you).

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
No he's criticizing you for sextuple posting on the first page, and for pointlessly worshiping Koskinator.

Now as far as him calling you an idiot, thats a bad part on his end.

Top Bottom