• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf Ledge game

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
First of all I think its apparant to anyone who plays or has played against Wolf knows about his recovery, and since I don't feel like scouring the boards for researc someone else may have already done, I shall just just write about 3 methods. Just so people can talk about it if they want to.
:c
1: B-FORWARD THROUGH THE STAGE

Probably a good safe way to get back on if the opponent is not predicting it. works best on battlefield and smashvile, lylat its suicidal, and FD it CAN work, but its too much off a faf at times in a real match, and doing it the same way you would do it on battlefield leads to an SD.
:awesome:
2: B-DOWN/SHINE

This is the best way to get back on stage overall for wolf, because not only does Wolf gain invinsibility frames from his reflecter, but also if it does connect you can use that chance to follow with jabs, grabs, a smash attack, is up to you.
:reverse:
3: B/WOLFS BLASTER

This one can be a bit on the dangerous side, and in my opinion should only be used if the opponent is predicting the b-forward into the stage, as the space he has given you to get back on stage can be a great way to suprise your opponent, if your new with wolf it may take a little while to get used too, since wolfs momentum is like a rock, even more so then fox.:embarrass:

Please comment and tell me if this is of any use....:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Zync

Smash Journeyman
yup, but you also missed

4- Autocancelled Fair

5- Lightsteping

6- Going under the stage

7- Up B? Its bad though.....

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Ledgedrop Jumpshine back on stage is actually awful. People will shield it and then punish you. Best thing to do is ledgehop laser continuously till they get close and scar back on. Or just jump recover with shine/nair like I always do.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Tonight I spent 2+ hours playing brawl against Tyser who is clearly the best player in the state (other than me?). This is an astounding amount of time considering no one ever plays brawl ever here, let alone me and him. Point is, I worked on my edge game a lot tonight, so I'm glad this post was made because I have somethings in my mind.

Going through the stage (edit 2: the tech called "scarring") almost always gets me grabbed unless they are rushing the ledge I'm on. Also charged smash attacks by D3 and MK and Zamus eat that option alive because wolfs Flash has no priority for some dumb reason.

Shine/Laser/ADGRAB all work well if I mix it up. Bair works well if they think I'm gonna AD because they wait and I just get behind them and bair. I almost never fair unless I see a sheild poke opportunity and/or killing time.

UP-B is an excellent mix up if you are tricky with it and throw it at awkward times. Plus sometimes it's either that or death :( So long as you aren't gonna get spiked, it's good for sharking.

Speaking of, it's tough to do with Wolf, other than on Delfino (which might be my new favorite stage, scaring though the stage on the water/pillars with moss section and blastering=lol). But I did get a good mix up my fairing through the stage (magically landed on the stage), though u-air is safer obviously.

Edit

Best thing to do is ledgehop laser continuously till they get close and scar back on. Or just jump recover with shine/nair like I always do.
Yeah but that can be dangerous, wolf is pretty vulnerable if they are expecting it, getting spiked (or MK Daired) while blastering sucks. So does getting grabbed every time you scar. If you keep dipping up and down to fake the scar you'll get gimped by a smart-habit reading player.

I really only Nair to GTFO/all kill moves are decayed/kill combo, I'll try that to get back on stage.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Assuming you don't mean scarring (hold down after Up-Bing)

On stages like delfino/Halberd/Brinstar you can go under/through the stage and attack your opponent, very useful if they have bad reflexes or really, really don't see it coming.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Getting grabbed on the ledge without a double jump=loss of stock (disregarding stage effects, i.e. Smashvilles platform). That being said, Wolf has a really good options on the ledge. Wolf's advantage relies on being unpredictable on when you're going to get back on stage (i.e. all Wolf's should blaster plank). If they back away, you can just regularly jump back on. If they approach and shield, you can scar, which will push them offstage to the ledge which will make you nonpunishable. If they approach and not shield, continue planking.

masegoats

Smash Rookie
Assuming you don't mean scarring (hold down after Up-Bing)

On stages like delfino/Halberd/Brinstar you can go under/through the stage and attack your opponent, very useful if they have bad reflexes or really, really don't see it coming.
I thought you scarred with Side-B?

D

Deleted member

I think he may be referring to going under the stage and coming up on the other side. You can do this on SV, Battlefield, and stages with the same or smaller stage width.

Pretty much jump off the side, b-reverse blaster to get your momentum going under the stage and then just time your double-jump and up-b(or side b?) to get to the other ledge. I don't see this as potentially useful for anything other than doubles, though. A lot of people wouldn't expect a spacy to be able to do that.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Its great actually, you lightstep into a Fair and the side B into the oposite ledge, if they are close they get hit by fair, if they shield you can jump normally from the other side and they wont be fast enough to catch you

masegoats

Smash Rookie
Woah! I just realized how much I don't know about Wolf and I actually thought I was getting close to knowing all the tricks (mind was just blown)

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
yup, but you also missed

4- Autocancelled Fair

5- Lightsteping

6- Going under the stage

7- Up B? Its bad though.....
4. oh, i forgot that one, takes some fine timing to do it consistanly though, but it is another one.

5. what is lightsteping (sorry, I am not in with the hip kids and the hip cool names like Dacus or wavedashing wippersnapper XD)

6. I find that only works if I do a pivot/reverse blaster towards the edge without grabbing it, thus not grabbing the edge, midair jumping then using B-up to get there, but its more likely to edgehog me aswell, so I don't really consider that edgegame but it is a possibility.

7. Up b is good, if they are so used to everything else, I call it mindgames, but for most of the time, yes it does suck quite a bit.

PS: so B-forward through the stage is called Scarring? OK then.

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
4. oh, i forgot that one, takes some fine timing to do it consistanly though, but it is another one.

5. what is lightsteping (sorry, I am not in with the hip kids and the hip cool names like Dacus or wavedashing wippersnapper XD)

6. I find that only works if I do a pivot/reverse blaster towards the edge without grabbing it, thus not grabbing the edge, midair jumping then using B-up to get there, but its more likely to edgehog me aswell, so I don't really consider that edgegame but it is a possibility.

7. Up b is good, if they are so used to everything else, I call it mindgames, but for most of the time, yes it does suck quite a bit.

PS: so B-forward through the stage is called Scarring? OK then.
u can lightstep then buffer an atk and other fancy techies like this vid demonstrates :bee:....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIaypm4cbfY

Top Bottom