• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf Matchups!

VormavPrime

Smash Cadet
This seems like this is in desperate need so we can put an end to who counters who and random talks about characters. I believe overall it will help progression of everyone to know what their up against.

I will be posting from Drack's wolf guide matchups first. They seemed on the money for the most part. IF anyone has ANYTHing to add positive or negative about matchups against any character or questions place it here. I will be updating this consistently with information posted with Number scale eventually.

Here it goes. After I post this Im gonna post how I feel about the characters thus far. Credit will be given to those who add to it.

Matchups

Bowser -
Bowser is relatively easy to handle due to how slow he is. If you use laser spam you can keep Bowser away very easily. When Bowser does move in to close the distance your F Smash has the ability to space things out again. Bowser players will be looking to close the distance and use flamebreath to rack up the damage. Be mindful and use your reflector when it happens keep your distance and punish him when he goes aerial. Wolf's aerial is very good against Bowser. (VormavPrime)

Captain Falcon -

Diddy Kong -

Donkey Kong -

Falco -

Fox -

Game n Watch -

Gannondorf -

Ice Climbers -

Ike - "Can't let you do that"
Ike has two great tricks up his sleeve. One is Side-B approach. Ike has virtually no lag after a missed Side-B and often follows up with a jab, grab, or Utilt, all very fast attacks for a slowpoke like Ike. You can completely stop this nonsense with blaster spam. He has no reflector and will have to jump to approach you. You can see most of his aerials coming a mile away, but his backair (Ike's other trick) is fast. As fast as yours, with a bigger hitbox and as much knockback as your Dsmash. Fortunately, its hitbox is just to the side of him so he usually has to shorthop ground opponents, which again is quite difficult with your blaster spam. This forces Ike to use his slow attacks, which Wolf can pretty easily dodge.(Drack)

A good thing to do to Ike after you knock him far off the ledge is to jump out and block his path. When he tries to use his Side-B to get back on he will hit you and simply fall short and die. Very useful.(VormavPrime)

Jiggly Puff -

King Dedede -
Watch out for chain grabs as he can chain grab chase you all the way to the ledge. Dedede is a very slow opponent so you can move around him easy. If you wait for most of his smashes or moves you can punish them with your own. His range game is slightly better then Wolf as his little helpers thrown out are not reflected. You will take more damage and possibly die when he gets a spike helper so move in but watch out for his grab. Stick to aerials most of the time.(VormavPrime)

Kirby -

Link -

Lucario -

Lucas -

Luigi -

Mario -

Marth -

Meta Knight - "No way! I don't believe it!"
A character who can easily punish Wolf's mistakes. Let that sink in for a minute. Ok. The key to fighting a good MK is unpredictibility. You really need to mix it up and use moves that younormally wouldn't. If the MK isn't in a good position to punish, you can get away with missing. Also, beware of his edgeguarding. MK isn't terribly good at killing in general, but Wolf suffers greatly from MK's edgeguarding, so you'll have to mix up your recoveries too. Keep in mind MK's disjointed hitboxes, attack speed, priority, and low lag when you go on the offensive. Once you get a feel for your opponent, these can be overcome. Don't forget that MK has to hit you a lot more than you hit him for a KO.(Drack)

Ness -

Peach -

Pikachu -

Pikman & Oilmar -

Pit - "What the heck?"
Don't camp with your blaster as his projectile spam will beat yours every time. Consequently, either you'll have to approach him or just chill with your reflector up until he comes for you. (though he has the same options) His aerials wall of pain better than Brawl Jigglypuff's and he has enough jumps to get all he can out of it. On top if that, his recovery gives him a long period of free motion in the air so if your hit doesn't KO during the hitstun, he'll be coming back for more. He's fast enough that his melee attacks will generally trade evenly with yours, but you have him beat on reach. So space your attacks. Proper spacing of things like your Fsmash and Bair will give you the upper hand. Mix it up with your B moves as well, to keep him guessing. His bow and your shine come out about the same speed so don't let him spam you into bad spacing. Also, don't be afraid to occasionally blaster when he's not expecting it. He outprojectiles you, but that doesn't mean blaster is completely useless against him.(Drack)
Pokémon Trainer -

R.O.B -

Samus - "What? Is that all you've got?"
Samus really doesn't have any options versus Wolf. If she tries to missile spam, your shine will send them back at high speeds, so you force her to approach you through your oddly superior projectile spam. However, she has no good approach! Her only real kill options are Bair and Dtilt and those are pretty easy to predict and avoid with a fast character like Wolf.(Drack)

Shiek -

Snake -

Sonic -

Toon Link -

Wario -

Yoshi -

Zelda - "Don't get too cocky"
Don't laser camp, because she will respond with fireball camping just outside your blaster range. Her projectile is a lot more powerful than yours, and has a HUGE hitbox, so that's an uphill battle, since both of you have reflectors. If you want to make her approach you, just chill with your shine up. When you do close in, you'll have trouble with her smashes as they have big hitboxes. The good thing is that while she's been buffed for Brawl, she's still pretty slow compared to you so if you can predict what she's going to do, your counterattacks will easily outspeed hers. Stay close and keep the pressure on.(Drack)

Zero Suit Samus -

yuo

Smash Cadet
This is exactly what i was trying to do, but i guess this is a better start anyway. This type thread should be really useful in the future. Good luck updating

NightJaw

Smash Rookie
Toon Link- When approaching Toon Link you have to remember about bombs and his ability to chain grapple you. Letting him stand there and fire arrows isn't a good approach because your reflector is neutral to the fact that he just stands there and takes it with his shield, his sword has fairly short range but can always knock you back when your both going for and aerial and he back/up C sticks you. Although its sort of a cheap thing to do Toon link can also always go right from jumping over you to a down A onto your head sending you flying. Other than his little cheap tricks hes fairly easy to approach. Then again you may want to take somone elses point of view other than mine due to me being, well, noob?

yuo

Smash Cadet
Don't forget about Samus' Zair. She can safely attack you from a long distance with it but Wolf should still have the advantage.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I just want to throw this out here (I didn't reall any of the matchups other than Bowser) but Wolf Wall ***** tall characters without easily spammable projectiles.

Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Snake, and Bowser are prime example. If you don't know what I mean by Wolf Wall, refer to Drack's Guide. You should alway be in control with these matches.

Top Bottom