• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
well he has that weird eye patch in assault, but if u mean the on in 64, well we never saw his body so we didnt saw what he was wearing...

jaej

Smash Journeyman
I'd prefer Panther, if anyone. If anyone played StarFox Command, they know how much teh panther pwns.

yoshiherder

Smash Cadet
HAY! Who put my name on the support list? I just said I'd perfer Wolf over Krystal.
Wow... Your name was collected earlier when I had someone come here to survey before I came here myself. If it's such a big issue, it can be remedied... although I see no harm in you name being in a list of ... 528 people, ATM.
@Gamerkid: Fox and Falco, along w/ Marth, Peach, and Sheik, are going to be UBER NERFED. Wolf's chances at top tier are minimal. But that's if they forced him as a clone... as of now, we aren't sure of the moveset the devs will give him.

@jaej: He does pwn, but not more than Wolf... and he plays almost no role of significance, either. :(

yoshiherder

Smash Cadet
I really wish we would see him in the trailer coming tomorrow... but... he probably isn't important enough to Sakurai to show... much less even be included. :(

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Andross has more of a chance then Wolf int he new trailer.

Well maybe not.

But he would be more of a suprise.

At least give me that.

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
I support Wolf in this game. I see him as an exceptional close range fighter with a good air game. Has an average projectile, but lacking in both speed and a good recovery.

T-major

Smash Champion
Who was the main villian of Command. It seems that he would have the best shot, because they used that Fox right?
I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was Andross's nefew (I forgot his name) but I could be wrong, I havn't played the game, only read about it.

I think the chances of Wolf getting in are very high. but he would be too much like Fox, and isn't a very interesting character. I have yet to see any good, orirginal move sets for him. Andross (before he was the giant head thing) dosn't deserve to get in more then Wolf, but he would at least be origianl, and fun to play as. and I think that having a character thats fun to play as, is WAY better then having a character just because he looks cool...

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
*takes a deep breath* Don't fight... don't fight... don't fight...

Okay everyone, I've been gone for awhile. How's it been? It seems every time I visit a Brawl board I lose my temper and always pick fights... let's hope I can keep it together.

The main villian of Star Fox Command was the King of Anglars. I doubt he has a very good chance of making it in. He was rather generic to boot. They used the physical model of Fox from that game but, more or less, his outfit from Assault. In my opinion, I despie the new Fox.

Also, Andross' nephew's name was Dash. He was hardly a villian. He was actually a Cornerian pilot who admired Star Fox. Actually... I think Dash might have been Andross' son, I'm not entirely sure. I won't comment on what else you said, but a lot of it is just opinion.

To be perfectly honest, I would give almost anything to have Wolf O' Donnell in the game. And if he is in the game, I will stop at nothing to be at least best in the country. I swear to it in God's name (Yes, I'm Christian).

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Andross' Nephew was Andrew Oikonny. Dash was his grandson, I thought.

On topic- With all the random moves they gave Fox in SSB, I'm sure they could come up with original moves for Wolf if they decide to include him.

T-major

Smash Champion
Andross' Nephew was Andrew Oikonny. Dash was his grandson, I thought.

On topic- With all the random moves they gave Fox in SSB, I'm sure they could come up with original moves for Wolf if they decide to include him.
I supose that is true. also, I don't know that much about Wolf, I've only seen him in Assualt, and even then he didn't really interest me as a character. he seemed to much like like just another generic rival to the main protagonist (like Shadow is to Sonic) but then again, it's probably just me. I'm sure if I knew more about the character, I would welcome him to Brawl with open arms.

kaboom0190

Smash Rookie
It would be great if they really reduced on the clones. I beleive Wolf has high chances of not being a clone. So does the other Star Fox characters, as long as they take their time and spread their imagination (even though time is a major issue when making a High quality game). Also I noticed in the trailer that Fox has a Eye visor like Wolf, which is really cool.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Ah, grandson. There you go. I knew he wasn't his newphew.

Yeah, any character can have a unique moveset. Wolf could easily be original. I, personally, love Wolf, but I will try to refrain from being biased. Though, he isn't a random rival to the hero like Shadow. He has a little more depth than that. Even though, the reason he dislikes Fox isn't ever fully explained. In a noncanonficial source (a comic strip that used to be in Nintendo Power) I believe Wolf and Fox were buddies in flight academy school. Then some horrible accident happened. Something like that.

Also, that wasn't a visor, it was a headset.

T-major

Smash Champion
Ah, grandson. There you go. I knew he wasn't his newphew.

Yeah, any character can have a unique moveset. Wolf could easily be original. I, personally, love Wolf, but I will try to refrain from being biased. Though, he isn't a random rival to the hero like Shadow. He has a little more depth than that. Even though, the reason he dislikes Fox isn't ever fully explained. In a noncanonficial source (a comic strip that used to be in Nintendo Power) I believe Wolf and Fox were buddies in flight academy school. Then some horrible accident happened. Something like that.

Also, that wasn't a visor, it was a headset.
they most likely will clear up what happend, and why the are rivals in a future game. the StarFox comic in Nintendo power is from the old issues, so I wouldn't have seen them. but as you said, it was non-canon. so that might not be what really happens. I think he would make a nice addintion to Brawl, simply because the game needs a lot more representaion, and I don't think Krystal deserves to be in. Wolf, and/or Peppy are the best choices for a character addition in Brawl.

gamerkid789

Smash Cadet
why does everyone want these super charged top tier characters in brawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i woud love to see wolf though maby they can scratch falco out and put him in

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Visor or not-- he still looks like a flaming homosexual.
now you know better :(

If Fox made it in with a costume made up of all diferent Star Fox costumes, would the same happen to Wolf, or just go with the Command look which is pretty OK looking, but he has the only truly awesome character model in Assault

General_Zod

Smash Apprentice
If I recall correctly, Wolf and Fox were buddies in the academy. But something happened(I don't remember quite well, something to do with Fox making a huge decision) and Wolf felt betrayed. He swore revenge to the Star Fox and made his own crew the Star Wolf, with other people who hated the Star Fox too.

As for the topic, I will love to see Wolf in brawl, he would make a perfect villain. But I would also like, besides Krystal, to see Panther, he would make a good villain team. He would be quite powerful and I'm sure Sakurai and his crew would give him a fine movement set.

STIK

Smash Cadet
Wolf would be a great character. He just has to be more sluggish and powerful to make the difference between him and Fox.

Stryks

Smash Hero
If I recall correctly, Wolf and Fox were buddies in the academy. But something happened(I don't remember quite well, something to do with Fox making a huge decision) and Wolf felt betrayed. He swore revenge to the Star Fox and made his own crew the Star Wolf, with other people who hated the Star Fox too.

As for the topic, I will love to see Wolf in brawl, he would make a perfect villain. But I would also like, besides Krystal, to see Panther, he would make a good villain team. He would be quite powerful and I'm sure Sakurai and his crew would give him a fine movement set.
Wow didnt know that about Fox and wolf cool...
I dont know, havin another Star wolf character doesnt seem fittin IMO, how about a villain thats unexpe cted, no it aint andross, how about General scales, hes a really cool character, and im pissed u culdnt fight him in adventures, doubt he'll make it but it would be cool...

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Wolf definitely needs to get in. He's one of the most popular anti-heros in Nintendo, along with Samurai Goroh (to Cap.Falcon) and Ridley (to Samus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom