• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf tips? I need help!

Pάρί

Smash Apprentice
I am a decent wolf player but I was wondering how I can improve my gameplay as him? Or ways I can improve as him. Thanks!

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
Well what do you think your main weakness with wolf is? Without any specific idea of what you're looking for all I can do s respond w/ the old "make sure ur L-cancelling" or "work on ur spacing" kinda stuff lol

WiiDude83

Smash Cadet
NNID
WiiDude83
Well i don't know what you're gamelay looks like, but some stuff i would recommend is just practice linking sutff into his dash attack as it gives wolf alot more options. Also Wolf's smashes are great for throwing people of guard and finishing a combo as they cover good range and are pretty fast. also for closing in, forward and N air are great to use as long as you L cancel them. and finally, get used to the timing of his meteor smash as it's one of wolf's best killing moves, hope that helps!

pooch182

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-3177-9014
As has already been mentioned, it's hard to offer tips without knowing where you're weak in play. If you're looking for specific players to watch and study, I've got a few suggestions.

Chicago has a lot of really solid Wolf mains, including Rat, Scythe, and 5-1. They're all worth watching to learn a lot of character specific AT that applies in the neutral game for a lot of match ups. Chillin also has great footage and he's good to watch for combo strings and application of fundamentals.

Wulf !

Smash Rookie
As fun as Wolf's dair is to use off stage, know your matchups well enough to know when it's a good idea. If you are against someone with a predictable recovery such as Marth or Sheik, don't try to be flashy, just edgehog and waveland back on if they recover on stage and use one of Wolf's god tier smashes to finish the kill.

That being said, there are plenty of characters in PM with a stupid number of options, making the dair a much more viable option against 75% of the roster.

Top Bottom