• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf vs Dk..

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
twoskilld here with a questions to all of those that main Wolf

What trouble can you have with a DK when playing as wolf?

what advantages do you have over DK?

if you were playing as DK how would you defeat wolf?

that is all...

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't think it's a good a matchup against DK. Shine is nice if you get up close, but that won't be happening a whole lot against a good DK. Also, if shine is blocked he can OOS Punch or UpB SA to beat out any attacks after. Or you can roll away which doesn't give Wolf many followups options other than Fsmash or Blaster.

Wolf Fsmash can be punished easily with DK's range. Blaster isn't too bad of a projectile for him to deal with. You can't tilt cancel it but it's slow, which is both good and bad. It's good because it stays out a while and makes it tougher for DK's big frame to spot/airdodge through, but being slower means he can maneuver around it decently with a jump.

Other than that DK outranges and pretty much outprioritizes Wolf on just about everything, air and ground. Wolf can't KO DK reliably until 150%+, and that's if he saves his Dsmash and Fair for kill moves. Whereas DK can get reliable % kills in the 80-90%s, even earlier if he gets Wolf off the edge at lower %.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Hmm... I know that you can break DK's UpB by hitting it in the center. Since DK's recovery is pretty much telegraphed maybe you can just spike him out of it.

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
It's tough to time it exactly so you only hit the center and not the high priority hitbox on the sides. He has pretty fast horizontal movement with it, and if you miss and get hit, you have to deal with getting back to the ledge with DK on it, which is not a good scenario for Wolf.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
This one is probably fairly even, but reflector will probably be a very handy, albeit risky tool to use since DK doesn't really have disjointed hitboxes, in the end it all boils down to who the better player is.

Alain

Smash Cadet
I main wolf and my friend mains dk and we play alot.

The most common moves he uses is when he holds down and spams a. Because he gets a good 4 hits in that way to rack up damage. Also tilt up a gets a good 2-3 hits. Donkey kong uses his bair when i attempt wolf's bair because donkey's have more range.

Fore defensive moves when donkey is off the stage and vulnerable to spike he either 1) uses fair to spike me down or 2) times up+b such that it will hit me so i cant do spike.

He grabs and throws me off alot and follows with a downspike and sometimes gets lucky.
i hoped that helped.

Top Bottom