• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's answers to planking?

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Just wondering since I just realized that I haven't seen anyone mention this here yet, but what are Wolf's options against planking?

:059:
depends on whos palnking. if it's metaknight doing a perfect plank, then theres nothing wolf can do about it

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
against all planking or just mk planking?

i think wolf can: run off bair, reverse blaster, shine, and maybe dair through the stage.

those are his less risky options, less risky as in still really risky but less so than trying anything else.
fair might be good too cause of its hitbox massiveness but anything offstage is risky for wolf, especially against mk

edit: semi ninja'd by jj

KRDsonic

Smash Master
MK has a LGL where I live so I'm not worried about them, it's mainly other characters that I was wondering about since currently people in the Houston thread are complaining about Samus planking and it got me thinking about what Wolf can do to say, G&W or Pit planking.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i think any of the options i said would probably work against g@w/pit neither of them have the uberness of mk's planking.
if the pit tries uairing through the stage you can dair him if you space it right. walk off bairs after their invicibility has worn off can stage spike them as well

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Shine > aerial followup (unless the other character has a quick aerial that will hit you before yours due to frame advantages, then jumpshine back to the stage lol), or dair. Works on everyone's intelligent (read: not staying on the ledge past invincibility frames) planking except for MK.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
If Mk planks then you could up b straight down when he lets go, but you will die. It's an answer to planking, but not a very good one.

.AC.

Smash Lord
you can actually dair through the stage without ever leaving it and still be able to hit him unless he is like extremely low.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Yeah, but I don't think Wolf can time that correctly verse an Mk that knows how to abuse the invincibility edge snaps.

If your down by 2 stocks then you might as well try it like Orion said.

.AC.

Smash Lord
you shouldn't really get hit since you aren't even getting into uair range at all. the worse that could happen is a trade.

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
my advice vs planking. Have a weird conversation with your opponent. be quiet during the whole match until they start planking. Then after a bit suddenly turn to them with a completely Serious face and something very strange and end it with a questioning tone. IT WORKs I swear.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
my advice vs planking. Have a weird conversation with your opponent. be quiet during the whole match until they start planking. Then after a bit suddenly turn to them with a completely Serious face and something very strange and end it with a questioning tone. IT WORKs I swear.
you can also taunt but make sure ur far enough away so that they barely can't punish you.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
D-smash I find can work effectively against Samus i've played alot of them so alot of the time I was able to predict what they would do depending on how close i got to them. Also the D-smash hit box actually reaches underneath the stage slightly so mistimed planks will sometimes back fire as a result.

if your close to the ledge the samus will most likely ariel you. With F-air or U-air

if your around the middle of the stage it will most likely be a Z-air.

if your around the opposite side then they may try a missile and in some cases non fully charged power shots.

but be careful if your on a high percent because alot of them try surprise power shots to kill you. Though if it's Xyro he kinda just power shots randomly and hopes that it will hit.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
^ Good point about dsmash. If your opponent isn't planking intelligently or messes up, dsmashs wrecks **** up. Also, doesn't DACUS stagespike characters sometimes? I've seen Kain do it multiple times, we should really test this to see how it works...

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
yeah the hitbox of the dacus (or just usmash in general) starts at wolfs feet but you gotta be pretty precise, its only during the very first frames

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
D-smash I find can work effectively against Samus i've played alot of them so alot of the time I was able to predict what they would do depending on how close i got to them. Also the D-smash hit box actually reaches underneath the stage slightly so mistimed planks will sometimes back fire as a result.

if your close to the ledge the samus will most likely ariel you. With F-air or U-air

if your around the middle of the stage it will most likely be a Z-air.

if your around the opposite side then they may try a missile and in some cases non fully charged power shots.

but be careful if your on a high percent because alot of them try surprise power shots to kill you. Though if it's Xyro he kinda just power shots randomly and hopes that it will hit.
If a samus has the intent of staying on the ledge, wolf have nothing to stop her. Your fastest bet is to time your shine on us. Other than that your stuck.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
^ thank you for your feedback Xyro btw i saw your vid describing M2K's eating habits xD made me laugh so hard the way you said it.

oh btw quick piece of advice if your going to play a tough samus might be worth taking her on smashville the moving platfrom can aid you slightly if you jump off it just as your above her.

piece of advice though don't ever fight a Samus that's better than you on Battlefield xD

if your on delfino though I'd suggest grabbing the opposite ledge jump accross and try and time a blaster shot on her it sometimes works won't get her off the ledge but it will make the samus player more cautious when planking you if you succeed. Though be careful if you do hit because you'd need to time and Up B to get yourself back and if you go high enough with the Up B she can punish you pretty bad.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I stage spiked a Marth with Fsmash yesterday for a 50-60% kill. The hitbox made no sense.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
^ Good for you. but actually F-smash has multiple hit boxes so it's not really much of a surprise it just depends on where it landed on your opponent

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I stage spiked a Marth with Fsmash yesterday for a 50-60% kill. The hitbox made no sense.
Wolf is just so cool. lol that really does make no sense though, was it the first or second hitbox? I know that the second hits below the stage, but still, the knockback direction shouldn't cause a stagespike >_>

Top Bottom