• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolfs Landmaster

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly when i found out about his final smash my reaction was a laugh. I saw it coming. But really come on. Who here on smashboards are going to be playing with items on after a few weeks. Final smashes wont even be in tournaments. At least thats the general consensus. After confirmation of Zamus, we now have access to another character without having to transform.

Wolf is a great luigified character. His Fs isn't. Not that we'll see it unless were beating up on our siblings or noob friends.

But every once in awhile you can pull it out, just to remind yourself of Sakurai's plain attack at the hardcore smash scene or plain negligence to variety and originality.
I'll be using items for as long as I play the game. Smash Balls add more hectic fun to matches, and assist trophys/pokeballs are pure awesome. Final Smashes are a major part of the game. I shall use them.

tIt's true Wolf's FS is lacking, BUT, how many of us could come up with two different FSs that were any good for Falco and Wolf?

Relhots

Smash Lord
I'll be using items for as long as I play the game. Smash Balls add more hectic fun to matches, and assist trophys/pokeballs are pure awesome. Final Smashes are a major part of the game. I shall use them.

tIt's true Wolf's FS is lacking, BUT, how many of us could come up with two different FSs that were any good for Falco and Wolf?
Wolf = Wolfen, Falco = idk, bazooka?

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
According to Wikipedia...

"In the 1993 Nintendo Power Star Fox comic, Fox had a romantic relationship with Fara Phoenix. While slightly ambiguous, it is obvious that they held mutual affections for each other, by the way they flirt and hold each other on several occasions throughout the comics. Still, the comics are considered non-canon, since Star Fox 64 replaced the original SNES Star Fox title."

Wolf was probably angry because Nintendo chose Fox to be the main character of the series over him. =p

Also from Wikipedia.

"However, without a story, it lacked incentives to play beyond flying and shooting. Miyamoto sketched out a fictional universe, but couldn't decide on a natural hero to convey a sense of an epic space battle. Names under consideration included Star Wolf, Star Sheep, Star Fox, Star Sparrow and Star Hawk.[2]"

Relhots

Smash Lord
According to Wikipedia...

"In the 1993 Nintendo Power Star Fox comic, Fox had a romantic relationship with Fara Phoenix. While slightly ambiguous, it is obvious that they held mutual affections for each other, by the way they flirt and hold each other on several occasions throughout the comics. Still, the comics are considered non-canon, since Star Fox 64 replaced the original SNES Star Fox title."

Wolf was probably angry because Nintendo chose Fox to be the main character of the series over him. =p

Also from Wikipedia.

"However, without a story, it lacked incentives to play beyond flying and shooting. Miyamoto sketched out a fictional universe, but couldn't decide on a natural hero to convey a sense of an epic space battle. Names under consideration included Star Wolf, Star Sheep, Star Fox, Star Sparrow and Star Hawk.[2]"
Star Sheep would have been weird...

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
XD

Star Fox is my favorite franchise of all time. I once spent three days in a row, probably about 8 hours outta my day dedicated to, looking up and researching Star Fox information. ^_^

As for the year, I have no idea... that's the one thing that saddens me... I haven't been able to find all the Star Fox comics... only some. If you know where I can find them, let me know.

Also, no, they did not all go to the Academy, at least from what I know of. My knowledge about Peppy is a little shakey when it comes to the Academy, but I'm pretty sure he didnt'.

Fox, Falco, Bill, and Wolf all went to the Academy (flight school, if anyone is still wondering). That I am sure of. Fox joined to follow in his father's footsteps, guided by Peppy. Falco joined after Fox offered him a position at the Academy. Bill and Fox were just good time bestest buddy pals in the Academy, but when they graduated Bill went off to become a lieutent(?) in the Cornerian army where Fox went solo to recreate the Star Fox team. I'm pretty sure something bad happen between Fox and Wolf, which is why Wolf holds such a bewildering grudge against Fox, though I could be wrong about that and it may be entirely unexplained. I never figured that part out.

Krystal doesn't come into the story AT ALL until Adventures. However, some of her designs and concepts seem to be taken from Fox's mother, Fara. Similar appearance and all, just different character and background/personality.

Again, in regards to Falco, I am somewhat confused... I'm positive he attended the Academy, but I also know he was a space gangster (EL OH EL!) in the space gang Hot Riders. I'm not sure if he went from Academy, to gang, to Star Fox or from gang, to Academy, to Star Fox or from whatever...

Okay, I'm done... sorry. I really need to look at those comics again...

i like to wiki my fav characters to learn about their backstory. Samus, Captian Falcon, the list goes on.

But yeah..i noticed that the landmaster can jump. is thatr the same for all three?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Don't believe everything Wikipedia says about Star Fox. A lot of it is cra--I take that back, some of it is crap. I had to do some editing, el lulz.

I don't see how 64 "replacing" the original title makes the comics non-canon. That's ridiculous. The comics were by Nintendo themselves. Totally canon.

EDIT: Right. I noticed that the Land Wolfen seems to be out for a shorter amount of time than the other two Land Masters, and it made me wonder if I was A. Ban **** insane or B. It is a shorter Final Smash because it is more powerful.

*shrug*

ANd yes, they can all hover.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Technically it is more of a retcon than non-canon. The Star Fox 64 replaced the original SNES Star Fox canon, hence the comics being retconned because it is based on the SNES game.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Don't believe everything Wikipedia says about Star Fox. A lot of it is cra--I take that back, some of it is crap. I had to do some editing, el lulz.

I don't see how 64 "replacing" the original title makes the comics non-canon. That's ridiculous. The comics were by Nintendo themselves. Totally canon.

EDIT: Right. I noticed that the Land Wolfen seems to be out for a shorter amount of time than the other two Land Masters, and it made me wonder if I was A. Ban **** insane or B. It is a shorter Final Smash because it is more powerful.

*shrug*

ANd yes, they can all hover.
The comic art on the 1st issue seems really rushed and really wierd...

It doesn't really matter if the Land Wolfen is shorter...It'll still kill everybody before its over...

Mounshadowz

Smash Rookie
From what I've seen in videos foxes is average, falcos can fly for a long time, and wolfs has a very powerful cannon.

Danielman

Smash Apprentice
From what I've seen in videos foxes is average, falcos can fly for a long time, and wolfs has a very powerful cannon.
Fox is In between, Falcos FS Allows For Falcocide(No One Beat me to it Right?) And Wolf's I don't know, I neither live in japan nor own brawl.(But I have seen About A thousand Videos though)

lsd

Smash Rookie
I got two videos and started fox's and wolf's fs at the same time and fox's fs is actually a lot longer than wolf's and it appeared that wolf's was much stronger too. I don't feel like investigating further but maybe someone should to see all the differences.

Top Bottom