• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's SideB short distance?

kynos

Smash Rookie
I started using Wolf not long ago and have really enjoyed him, but I was wondering about the sideB when it covers really short distances. Could you tell me the conditions for this or whether it's random and whether or not you can control when it happens?

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
wolf's flash has 4 different lengths with 3 shortens similar to Fox & Falco, + angle-able up or down

this is to be manipulated entirely up to you, each length and angle having their own functions

kynos

Smash Rookie
I can't get the distances input right, when/what do you input to shorten?

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
all you have to do is press b again during the flash. you have to press them at the right frames to get the shorten. its a very small window, so especially for people just begining to try it, it can sometimes be very difficult to get it correctly. it is doable tho. just wolf flash around in training mode and try pressing b again after initiating the flash before he reaches the apex, and eventually you will get a shorten. for those who CAN master this, it is an extremelely valuable tactic, as this gives wolf so many options when setting up into side b. not only does he have a crap ton of set ups for it (dtilt, uair, dair, even bair sometimes, shine, and ALL of his throws except fthrow) but he can also angle his side b, which in conjunction with the shortens, allows wolf to utilize these set ups to effectively hit almost any character at any reasonable percent. now this is not the current metagame, but it is what i am 100 percent confident the top of the wolf metagame looks like.

~Frozen~

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frozen491
3DS FC
3909-8017-8600
In 2.5, Wolf can angle his SideB by holding up or down after he does the initial SideB input.

Scythe

Smash Master
it's pretty good for OSing while recovering, in case someone mixes up their edgeguards

Top Bottom