• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work. Time. Fun. Brawl Tourney in MA June 28th Just added Melee singles and doubles!!

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
To everybody that wants to come to my house tomorrow at 1pm call my cell # 774 219 3153. If no one calls my cell by 1:30 then I will assume that no one is coming. If you decide to come bring set-ups to my home.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
There is a couple of places to eat near by which is Wendy's,Dangelo's,Classic pizza,Bertucci's,and Domino's Pizza which are all in walking distance.

There are updates on the first post please check them out.

You can take the train to Mansfield and you would need to take the purple line to get to my town. Call the store or my cell when you get to the Mansfield stop.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Hmm... I might go to play melee with peeps and **** around in brawl. But I think there should be more tennis, since that was pretty cool.

Yeah, subscribing.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I really want to go to this. I totally fear this no swearing rule. Cause, in all honesty, I usually don't even realize I'm swearing. Curse Words don't exist to me and thusly I have trouble noticing that I use them as much as I do.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
The owner of the venue sounds like a ****. Is he going to be watching everyone like a hawk?

Knowing the people who go to Brawl tournaments, I wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to push this guy's buttons.

SiYkO

Smash Apprentice
I would like to go to this, but some of these rules are silly. No swearing? If that's enforced I have no reason to show up. Also I don't like the ban on infs - just make the stages where they're possible banned, otherwise you have to come up with arbitrary rules, like how many reps are allowed. Unless I missed something very recently, there are no infinites that break the game on normal stages.

If anything I'll pass simply because of no swearing. It simply can't be done.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Melee DOUBLES? SIGN ME UP!!!

No cranky venue owner will keep me from my Melee fix.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
To reply on the swearing issue the owner has kids come in very often and has to keep it family friendly so please respect the issue also you could just say it quietly.

The thing about the infinites I need to see more people complain about the rule before I make a descion. There are certain levels I think would be fine as a counterpick if you just got rid of infinites. I also want to mention I added pirate ship to the counterpick selection if anybody has complaints please say your opinion respectfully.

SiYkO

Smash Apprentice
To reply on the swearing issue the owner has kids come in very often and has to keep it family friendly so please respect the issue also you could just say it quietly.

The thing about the infinites I need to see more people complain about the rule before I make a descion. There are certain levels I think would be fine as a counterpick if you just got rid of infinites. I also want to mention I added pirate ship to the counterpick selection if anybody has complaints please say your opinion respectfully.
pirate ship has a killspot on the level that can arm unexpectedly, plus the water means a completely differnet edgeguarding / recovering game at all times, not just every now and then like norfair

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
If you drop into the tourney discussion thread, Amazing Ampharos gives some pretty good reasons as to why Pirate Ship should be banned. It isn't because of the cannonballs. It's because of water camping with characters like Kirby, Ike, and, what a surprise, G&W. It's a little ridiculous. It's your call, of course.

I'll try to respect the rule as best I can.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
If you drop into the tourney discussion thread, Amazing Ampharos gives some pretty good reasons as to why Pirate Ship should be banned. It isn't because of the cannonballs. It's because of water camping with characters like Kirby, Ike, and, what a surprise, G&W. It's a little ridiculous. It's your call, of course.

I'll try to respect the rule as best I can.
I can't find the thread is there any way you could give me a link.

Never mind I will actually have a vote on certain rules at the tourney and then I will make a decsion on this subject.

Almost forgot I can house people just let me know if you need housing.

nuro

Smash Lord
Housing sounds good tom I might need some but I'll let you know when its a few days before the tournament.

And you can camp the water for the pirate stage. Just jump out and jump back off screen. But you can stop that type of camping if u have someone with projectiles. I like the stage though so IDK. I haven't played on it enough tho so I don't know if there is a easy way to avoid the cannon balls.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Housing sounds good tom I might need some but I'll let you know when its a few days before the tournament.

And you can camp the water for the pirate stage. Just jump out and jump back off screen. But you can stop that type of camping if u have someone with projectiles. I like the stage though so IDK. I haven't played on it enough tho so I don't know if there is a easy way to avoid the cannon balls.
I see your point but to make life easier I am going to just going to have a vote on stages and banning certain things at the tourney.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Let's vote to have Icicle Mountain 2.0 in the stage. YEAHHH!H!!!!!

Let's also vote to have the tournament hand out free food for life. YEAHHHH!HH!!!!

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
This caught my interest so I decided to look up the address. I found: Carquest of Mansfield. It looks like an auto shop.

Now why would this guy have kids come in very often...?

**Pedobear senses tingling**

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176218
Thats the topic.
Now, you don't have to agree with all the stages, especially considering something like Rainbow Cruise is Neutral, but I thought it made a good guideline.

oh, and domething came up, thats also taking place on the 28th that might make getting there harder for me, but I'll try and let you know if I wont be able to make it.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
lol Cobra and Church

My attendance is pending, so, yeah, I'm gay

I would like to go, but, I swear a lot and I am very loud. Also, work is kicking my ***. I need a ride, SiYkO can I get a lift? Money is REALLY tight. I still think I owe you 10 bucks, ill have to finagle somthing out of somewhere to go to this

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
This caught my interest so I decided to look up the address. I found: Carquest of Mansfield. It looks like an auto shop.

Now why would this guy have kids come in very often...?

**Pedobear senses tingling**
It is actually under the Auto shop and kids do actually come in for the smash tourney. Even if no kids actually show up he has kids of his own that he brings to the store. He cannot hire a sitter so he watches them at the store and you must respect that. I don't think you need to swear but if you want to swear then please just say it under your breath.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176218
Thats the topic.
Now, you don't have to agree with all the stages, especially considering something like Rainbow Cruise is Neutral, but I thought it made a good guideline.

oh, and domething came up, thats also taking place on the 28th that might make getting there harder for me, but I'll try and let you know if I wont be able to make it.
Ok I read that and I decided that both Corneria and Pirate ship are banned. I don't mean to be nosy but what is standing in your way from coming to this tourney?

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Theres a big soccer tournament on the same date, and while im not playing in it, I was asked to help out. Maybe as a Go-For, to relay results, help out with field setup, etc.

I'm still trying to get more information on this, though, so I might still be able to make it.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Hey Tom, I just have a few questions for you.

1.Whats the plan for running 4 events? Are you going to be running melee and brawl at the same time? Or will you be running brawl events first and then the melee ones?

2. When does the store open?

3. When does the store close?

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
If the guy is charging us $10 an hour after 9:00PM, do you think we could chip in and pay for a few extra hours? I think if everyone puts in a dollar that could give us plenty of time.

Top Bottom