• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World Cup of Brawl. Round 2 is up! Due... sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q77

Smash Apprentice
Groups are up! Everyone has a little over 2 weeks to get all 3 of their matches done. If a match is not completed by June 12th, then the person that made the effort to complete the match will be given the win. Remember that all matches are Bo3.

Top 2 from each group advance. Then the 2 highest scoring 3rd place players will qualify for the round of 16. In the event of a tie, there will be a single elimination play off.

Good luck.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Q77, could you link me to 'exn''s profile? Whoever it is doesn't appear to have any posts in this thread & doesn't exist in the memberlists. I'm guessing it's a typo?

Q77

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Q77, could you link me to 'exn''s profile? Whoever it is doesn't appear to have any posts in this thread & doesn't exist in the memberlists. I'm guessing it's a typo?
Exn changed his name to Zensei recently. So that's what I would look for.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
kewl beat piedisliker

2-0

:gw: > :wario: Yoshi Island

:gw: > :wario: Frigate Orpheon

Laggy, but we played through. Ggs though.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
double post ftw.

kewl beat dualseeker 2-0
:gw: > :pit: BF
:gw: > :kirby: Halberd

Ggs bro. ;P

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
kewl beat SpiritX
2 - 1

:gw: > :snake: PS1
:gw: < :snake: BF
:gw: > :snake: Norfair

Last game was a camping fest. Boring, but oh well. Ggs. (:
I'm done with all my group matches, I won them all. (:

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Lost to dualseeker 2-0.

:wario: < :pit: PS1
:ness2: < :pit: SV

That is literally the first time my Ness lost to a Pit in over a year. GGS

Also, I forfeit my match to Spirit since I know how good he is, and I'm out anyway.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Confirming loss to Aibou.

:lucario: > :ness2: @ Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

:lucario: > :ness2: @ Delfino Plaza

Good games. Man, wi-fi really messes with your timing. I felt so out of control the entire time. But great games none the less, I couldn't really get much going for me.

Aibou

Smash Master
Confirming, and believe me when I say that I understand you completely. Anyone who knows me can tell you that I'm one of the biggest Wifi-Rage-Guys here. Wifi is harsh. Spacing is all messed up and things happen that really shouldn't.

I enjoyed fighting your Ness though. Interesting combos. Like dthrow --> uair in the second game. Wasn't expecting that. I was expecting a bthrow kill xD.

GGs :smash:

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Lol I meant to do bthrow. I accidentally went to dthrow and was like 'oh crap', thankfully it worked out for me.

I think I tried at certain points to be a little bit too unpredictable. I also PK Fired way too much, and didn't get much for it when it hit - It never caught you in anything, it acted more like Lucas' PK Fire, just knocking you back a bit.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
To anyone I need to play, I can play anytime tonight after like 6 so hit me up on AIM or something. S/n is the same as this one.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, to anyone who needs to play me (Zensei * Z'Zgashi), I should be around tonight any time after 11 pm EST, so hit me up if you want to play. Contacting me through Smashboards is probably your best bet.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Also lost to Aibou 2-0

:sonic: > :yoshi2: @ SV
:sonic: > :yoshi2: @ CS

also ggs... but i failed on cs... 2 sd's is no bueno... but it was still somewhat close lol

Aibou

Smash Master
Beat Z'zgashi 2-0

:sonic: > :yoshi: SV and CS respectively.

GGs. SD on Siege was unfortunate. Pretty nice Yoshi though.

lol ninja'd :shiek:

Aibou

Smash Master
I don't think Sonic can be CGed by Yoshi though. It seems like I was able to jump away before getting regrabbed. The only times I got regrabbed was when I tried to Spin Charge/Attack/whatever-it's-called right after the grab release like an idiot.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No he can, I play X all the time so im positive, I just cant ever time it in lag >.>

Q77

Smash Apprentice
To anyone I need to play, I can play anytime tonight after like 6 so hit me up on AIM or something. S/n is the same as this one.
Yeah, to anyone who needs to play me (Zensei * Z'Zgashi), I should be around tonight any time after 11 pm EST, so hit me up if you want to play. Contacting me through Smashboards is probably your best bet.
You should contact your opponents via VM or PM. Most people don't look here for there opponents.

Also, I'm gonna wait til the weekend to update.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
This means I'm out of the tournament, right?
Not really. Basically depends on SpiritX vs Pie.
If Pie wins, it'll be a 3 way tie (which I believe will be set by whoever has the most overall wins)
If Pie loses, then yeah you're out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom