• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

S l o X

Smash Champion
so seeing how this IS smashboards after all, who does everyone main?

Do you guys even play?
Definitely. I'm the Smash prodigy, haven't you heard?

I play Melee. Main Fox, Secondary Sheik and Falco.
I don't play Brawl competitively but when I do, I play Marth / Diddy. I can play friendlies for like 30 minutes before realizing how not fun it is (for me), unless I'm under the influence.
-
Knaan is amazing but I haven't downloaded / bought anything from him. Will check stuff out later.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yeah only anticipating Cole's album and MM4. MM4 going to be on blast all winter cheah!

I'm popping my rave cherry tonight 0__0 :)
lol hopefully it isn't boring as fluck, enjoy it. I went out last week to a club, was so wack. I'm such an old man.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
unfortunately, i have to wait another day. my friend's face is swollen so he can't go anywhere.....****. pretty wack. and how you feel old?? you waking up with back pains and high blood pressure? lol.

How We Do Remix ft. Eazy E and Tupac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs1xHPU7WwA

i really hope J. Cole's album doesn't flop...critically anyway. it'd be hard for him to sell too much at this point.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
MF Doom is dope... I thought that everyone liked him?

And J. Cole is alright. Nothing more. I don't expect much for his album.

its Mos Def and Talib Kweeliiiiiiiii.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Unlucky Blu lol. I roll out of bed in the morning, lay there and crawl back in at night lol.

I have confidence that his album will be good. Cole's doing things the right way. He's not rushing things and staying humble and people that have heard it have said really good things.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Everyone gasses Eminem's projects *shrugs* no reason to really hype Cole when not that many people know about him.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
MF Doom is dope... I thought that everyone liked him?

And J. Cole is alright. Nothing more. I don't expect much for his album.

its Mos Def and Talib Kweeliiiiiiiii.
I think he is but I think some people here don't like him.

Black Star hell yeah.

Me and Kweli close like Bethlehem and Nazareth

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Everyone gasses Eminem's projects *shrugs* no reason to really hype Cole when not that many people know about him.
I was the biggest Eminem fan, you have no idea.

I think he is but I think some people here don't like him.

Black Star hell yeah.

Me and Kweli close like Bethlehem and Nazareth
He is dope, lyrics are insaaaaaaaaane.

and I am listening to the album right now.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
if he keeps making more tracks like premeditated murder, i'll buy it. looking back, who dat wasn't as terrible as i thought. the most impressive thing is that he's not going to have any guest features, personally, though i think he'll need hov if he wants to really garner some mainstream attention.

hopefully recovery doesn't win album of the year....don't think it deserves that. people do gas it up. too many eminem stans man.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I enjoyed Premeditated Murder but it had some horrrrrrrrrrible lines lol. Yeah Who Dat is dope. Jay track would help with hype, and would be nice to see Jay get outshined by Cole again.

AOTY doesn't mean much to me, good stuff always gets overlooked. Haven't even listened to Recovery lol. The Sauce gave Bun B's Trill OG 5 mics though. First album to get that in 5 years. Apparently it's not that good but rather Bun got it then some other crap that's out, at least dude is a vet. But who really cares about The Sauce.

No On Point on MM4 :(

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
from what i've read, Trill Og should be renamed "Candy Paint and Features" cuz that's all that's really on the album. source sucks. they gave lil kim's last album 5 mics and that album was some hot garbage.

i thought joe said in an interview that he wasn't going to work with on point any more anyway? hopefully the instrumental quality doesn't drop. he said in that longgggg *** xxl interview that it's gonna be great...can't believe i watched the whole thing lol.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
I heard Seduction off Recovery today and that's the only track I can listen to without snickering.

Power video drops and I'm hypeddd.

"How do you visually paint a portrait of power?" asked Kanye West and artist/director Marco whoever.

Questions like that, which incorporate philosophy, metaphysics, and art theory, excite me.

McCloud

AW ****

THAT WAS WAY TOO MUCH, I NEED A MOMENT.

anyway, recovery is, as many times stated, not very good. I like to think of it as Eminem hasn't beat off lyrically in 5 years, so it's stopped up, a lot of it is dead, he's gotta pump out some mediocre stuff before you get to the freshness.

Yeah, I made a masturbation analogy. Get at me.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
White Trash Party is worse.

I like Recovery for the most part. Not Afraid is waaaaaaaaaay overplayed though. And other peoples names (Wayne and Proof) came up waaaay too much.

Jane

Smash Hero
Goddammit, theres so much i wanna say, but im not about to type it all on my phone, and thats all i got til the 19th, so ill just say this -

Cats who claiming they hard be mad ***, so i run through em like flood water through sandbags

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Power thing was kinda weird. Saw it after Jersey Shore haha.

@Jane Mighty Mos!

Competition is mad, what I got they can't have, sinkin they ship, like Moby ****, did Ahab.

Lol @ censor

Niko45

Smash Master
Def hoping for big things from the J Cole album. Recovery for album of the year....well...that must be one crappy year.

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
White Trash Party is worse.

I like Recovery for the most part. Not Afraid is waaaaaaaaaay overplayed though. And other peoples names (Wayne and Proof) came up waaaay too much.
Feel the same way about it, I think this album was just him trying to get back in the public spotlight, which he did. Now he just has to make finish "recovering", and just live.

soap

Smash Hero
@soap *shrug* I don't follow le proz anymore. haven't since like 07
azen winning with fsmash only was like 02' lol

i haven't followed smash since pound 4

I think mango is still ****** everybody... the metagame hit a wall that's for sure

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
azen winning with fsmash only was like 02' lol

i haven't followed smash since pound 4

I think mango is still ****** everybody... the metagame hit a wall that's for sure
scorpion master(mango) just beat hbox with MARIO

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
When I'm hopping on a track I ain't holdin nothing back/ say my music dope, so mymusic must be crack/ I just spit from the top wrack/ while i'm there I'll grab doritos too/ pack ya lunch/ add a crunch/ line for line I pack punch.

McCloud

Y'all nyukkas crazy. that video was hype, beast, I love it so much I'm eatin it, hype feast.

And Boofy you set me up for disappointment. Son, I am disappoint. The camera did not pan out.

I need to go watch that dangelo video again, no bromo.

also @soap guess that was before i got into smash then, I do remember hearin about the fsmash match though. I'm more of a koolaid kick, shadowball, upsmash guy XD

soap

Smash Hero
also @soap guess that was before i got into smash then, I do remember hearin about the fsmash match though. I'm more of a koolaid kick, shadowball, upsmash guy XD
i love naming moves

what's the koolaid kick?

ive got names for all of game and watches move

dair - key to the city

ftilt - take a seat

dtilt, utilt, fsmash - earth wind and fire

and there are some more

Top Bottom