• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Niko45

Smash Master
food and liquor > the cool. I kinda hate the cool

well at least the last 2/3 of food and liquor. the instrumental until the end I love it. Doesn't start out so strong imo. Kick push is gay. Took me a while to get into lupe cuz of that song lol.
Definitely. I dismissed Lupe at first because of Kick Push and then eventually when I heard the rest of the album I came around.

Niko45

Smash Master
Too much of either is bad. There has to be some sort of balance. Like some of the things Wayne *just an example* says, sound nice when you first hear them, but then you go back and think about what he just said and it's like "Well that makes no sense...".
I think it should always be a priority to make music sound good. Lyrics are nice but you don't want to go out of your way for them or sacrifice too much fluidity by forcing yourself to use lots of big words or something.

In general its not a good idea to rhyme many big words back to back to back (ex: prominent, dominant, complement). It's better to rhyme a big word with a bunch of smallers (ex: "prom-in-ent" with "rob-and-sin" or "ho-nest-men"). Just keep track of your syllables and make sure they're matching up. Small word combo rhymes are really important because they help you transition into something different while still rhyming so the whole structure of the song isn't so rigid and predictable. Delivery comes in here as well because whenever you are rhyming one multi syllable word with a bunch of small one syllable words you want to make sure you say the multi word rhyme kind of all together as if it actually were one word, so that the sound of the rhyme is fluid. Beyond that its just about staying on topic, following whatever theme you've chosen for the verse as best you can.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I think anybody who uses too many big words, or says things like hip hop is dead and tries to get real conscience like I see in here alot, is just trying too hard. Like I see cookie do it alot and I just think like yo wtf? yknow. I'm not tryna come at anyone but if that just happens to be your taste than you need to cut back a bit. Besides Hip-hop isn't all poetry. It's like Luigitoilet said it's music. I wanna hear somebody ride the beat. I don't wanna hear you talk all big words. Bring in some punchlines. Some metaphors. Some similes. Hell, give me an oxymoron every once in a while. I wanna hear references to pop culture besides "hip-hop is dead" that bandwagon passed A LOOOOOOONG time ago. Have a subject matter, don't just throw in a bunch of big words and not even know what your talking about.

tl;dr
Do the **** thing. And Suspect likes white girls.

Jane

Smash Hero
If a straight male did NOT like white girls, id have to assume there was something wrong with this person

Just sayin

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I like Pu$$y... Period. The Pu$$y has to come with a nice body and pretty face with a nice personality to match. The body of woman is such a beautiful thing...no matter what color it is...Unless it's purple or green...hehe Lookin like Piccolo and ish...

Jane

Smash Hero
yup, a womans body is seriously art.

speaking of, i think this is the first time i realize theres no females in this thread haha. its so rare to find a chick that really actually likes hiphop

edit-get ninjad, KC ;D

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I think it should always be a priority to make music sound good. Lyrics are nice but you don't want to go out of your way for them or sacrifice too much fluidity by forcing yourself to use lots of big words or something.

In general its not a good idea to rhyme many big words back to back to back (ex: prominent, dominant, complement). It's better to rhyme a big word with a bunch of smallers (ex: "prom-in-ent" with "rob-and-sin" or "ho-nest-men"). Just keep track of your syllables and make sure they're matching up. Small word combo rhymes are really important because they help you transition into something different while still rhyming so the whole structure of the song isn't so rigid and predictable. Delivery comes in here as well because whenever you are rhyming one multi syllable word with a bunch of small one syllable words you want to make sure you say the multi word rhyme kind of all together as if it actually were one word, so that the sound of the rhyme is fluid. Beyond that its just about staying on topic, following whatever theme you've chosen for the verse as best you can.
This was really insightful. Thanks a lot.
The weird thing is, that verse is actually a revamped version of another verse I wrote for the same song. And it actually had barely any big words, more so smaller multi's to fit the structure of the rhyme scheme. I may just use that one, but idk. Regardless thanks for the advice =]

man I can't imagine just liking one race. I love girls from all over
This x100000000

Always assume everything is male on the internet *Rule #1*

soap

Smash Hero
Lindsay Lohan was pretty hot in machete

Alba was looking tooooo skinny

michelle rodriguez would be hot if she smiled once in a while

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I like where this convo is going.

EDIT: Is "going away from this thread because of being at a hotel with two sexy girl, two average girls and a guy" a legitimate excuse?

Nothing happened though :L The two sexy ones fell asleep when we got back from Applebee's :c

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
lol just hopping in here for the firs time and i'm feeling this conversation
iron man 2 had some fine ladies
but a specific race is too hard to choose as best

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Niko people jumped on you? Ye is pretty viable candidate for top 5 imo 0_o.

I have a weird thing for asians I guess you could say they are my preference, but it's close between them and black girls. I only find myself dating white/latina women though, weirdddd.

Jane

Smash Hero
continuing the offtopicness, yesterday i met a really beautiful girl, who was half white, half cambodian. ****in weird combination, i thought she was like part black, part white, because she had the most insane ***... giant and amazing, in a sexy *** dress... but yeah, white/cambodian. interesting mix, worked out amazingly i guess haha

rhan

Smash Hero
My girl is all white. N she's gotta fatty like no other... And she probably read this cuz she lurks my SWF account. lmao

Also you should get with that.

rhan

Smash Hero
I spit game (Errr use to) to girls with guys all the time.

Boyfriend #2 is the theme son.

KC: I'm like the Dr. Phil when it comes to relationship advice. No joke. I can probably help out if I get the full story.

Also FB page should be in the homepage when you click on my name here.

Suspect

Smash Hero
usually it does that when you have a few un-answered requests, i just tried to fix that and its still not working...

so i cant add her :/

Top Bottom