• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

soap

Smash Hero
No ones still explaining to me what the **** I just listend to this morning..? Lol That was one of the most ****tiest hip hop albums I've heard in a minute...
I always heard bad stuff about that album so I just never really got around to listening to it

soap

Smash Hero
KingdomCome got super banned? Wow. Then again, I'm not that surprised. :ohwell:
Kinda ironic that he got banned for not realizing the consequences in a thread about getting banned for not realizing the consequences.

does super banning ban your IP?

even so kingdom can return to us from library computers as Kingdom Cometh

Champ Slice

Smash Rookie
Kinda ironic that he got banned for not realizing the consequences in a thread about getting banned for not realizing the consequences.

does super banning ban your IP?

even so kingdom can return to us from library computers as Kingdom Cometh
Kingdom Come is a ****ing idiot.

:)

soap

Smash Hero
Any other mos def albums like that? I'm scared to listen to more now... lol **** was puttin me to sleep in and out.. not even jokin.
I like his first album. And Blackstar. thats all I've really heard from him aside from tracks hes featured on.

im warming up to ecstatic

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
One Mic's always gonna be my favorite (it'll probably always be my favorite hip hop song period) but my second favorite....sheit....hard to pick!

probably What Goes Around. There's so much going on in those lyrics.

I love the last couple bars on the album a lot too

"Could you believe even my shadow's jealous
My skin is mad at my flesh, my flesh hates my own bones
My brain hates my heart, my heart makes the songs
Though my songs come from the Father
I'm lonely...
Hold me, it's gettin' darker"

fuuuuuuuuuu

so crushing.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
One Mic
You're Da Man
Ether
2nd Childhood
Stillmatic (Intro)

My top 5 imo.

In general the most lyrical notable songs I've been bumpin by Nas lately:

Suspect
U Gotta Love it
Nas is Like
The World Is Yours
One Mic

These songs are ****in PROBLEMS (Lol I didn't even mean to do this but just looking at the list of tracks I made a sentence rofl add a comma after suspect and "with" after the world is yours)

Last verse of Suspect and both verses of U Gotta Love it >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any MC's life lol....

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
To be honest, I was shocked that Stillmatic was so awesome. It seems like it would be a cheap cash-in on the album that made him famous ten years ago. But as the first song goes "thought i'd make another illmatic but it's always forwards never backwards", it sounds totally different and way awesome.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Stillmatic is dopenessssss
I just finished listening to it again for like *The third time only I think?*
Fire. Idk why I slept on Nas for so long, man definitely deserves legend status. Most definitely
...even if he did kind of fall off.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Nas "barely" fell off.

Hip Hop is Dead is mediocre at worst

I haven't heard that Untitled one or know anything about it

and Distant Relatives was one of the best hip hop albums of last year imo
Hip Hop is Dead was good to me, just some boring tracks and yeah, mediocre at worst.

Untitled was good but people complain too much about the production again. :I Thing is that you have to understand about Untitled is that is that it's supposed to take the theme of old time slavery and 1930's type of era **** like that and the beats definitely give off those vibes; hence the priorly intended name for the album "Nigg[er]."

Distant Relatives had too much Reggae in it to keep me interested tbh... good nonetheless though.

I don't think he fell off really, still destroying ****. In an interview someone asked him where Nasty Nas went and he said he never left, he said his next album he might be goin back to his Illmatic type of flow and all that so look out for that. Man might be comin back with a vengeance.

Jane

Smash Hero
Recovery is actually a horrible album but so is anything that flocka makes

so w/e, reviews = opinion.
i dont understand how you could think it was "horrible". i could see "not as great as his best work" or "too emo" or something. but he spits some real **** on there, he flows nicely almost all of the time, and he has dope punchlines

also, i heard THIS when looking up the new waka flocka:

This stuff is only good when your "stupid" high. So people who are listening to this sober and don't have an excellent system. You will miss out on the full experience of this music. The only problem i have with this music is they draw the hook out too much and it takes forever for the next person to come in and lay a verse.
This stuff is only good when your "stupid" high
and have an excellent system.
i already know im gonna like this album. lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z_Ys3BO_4M

The better version of Pursuit of Happiness.

The video is trippy as hell! It makes me think too.
that was sick haha. i like the glasses that the band was wearing at the end

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
this review is a hell of a lot more accurate...whoever gives this dude above a 5/10 is on drugs
http://www.djbooth.net/index/albums/review/waka-flocka-flockaveli-10131001/

Ke-ke chic
DJ Booth Member

Ke-ke chic
Total Ratings: 5

Rating: [5 star rating]
Ke-ke chic's Top Rated Songs
I've never heard of dis song, but i kno dat dis song is dope b/c i heard most of my people rap it. I can't wait til i listen 2 it!!!!!!!!

Read more: http://www.djbooth.net/index/albums/review/waka-flocka-flockaveli-10131001/#ixzz13t4Tvppr

I almost hit my computer. God, I hate ******s.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684

On a more serious note I feel like this album was terribly overlooked...in a nutshell Statik Selektah is like DJ Khaled w/o the annoying *** shoutouts and overdone beats. There are so many dope beats on this album and so many talented artists eager to rip every single one of Statik's beats to shreds. This is an album that's been sitting on my iPod for the better part of 3 years, getting mild plays every now and then when it shows up on shuffle mode. Just like last week I listened to it all the way through again and just began to appreciate how dope it really is in a time where fruit of the loom boxers are a fashion statement and everyone wants to know how to dougie.

Top Bottom