• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

soap

Smash Hero
yeah what niko said.

ALSO YOU GUYS, WATCH THIS ****. FUNNY AS **** haha

Drake's Revenge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7wXmpO-WQI
lmao. speaking of the man

drake - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNvz8Iapn14

J. Cole - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giOn1xTUC7w

Nas - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFTm9te3aS4 (statik selektah mashup)

I guess when I said everybody, I meant basically the new generation. Lupe, cole, and drake.

Actually I'd put Cole over Lupe. He stayed more on point. Drake does not do bad either.

J. Cole has another couple verses on his first mixtape, but I liked the second one he did better on the warmup

Niko45

Smash Master
Yea I've heard the Cole ones, the one on the Warm Up is dope.

Lupe was dope as hell too good looks.

Drake was eh, Nas mashup was eh.

I guess I was hoping for better, more older school people over that beat like Kiss or somebody. Oh well listening to Jay kill it twice literally never gets old.

Jane

Smash Hero
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i just laughed so ****ing hard at that gif.

it was perfect too cuz right when i finished reading soap's comment, and i scrolled down, the gif was barely at the beginning.

also ive never heard that track before, but im feeling it. i miss luda :<

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
lol appreciate it Blu. Soap, I took Psychology.

Free Agent leaked 3 months early lol. Can't be bothered to check it.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Okay so a friend of mine and me was talking about how Relapse, Refill (EP) and Recovery all sucked *** and I decided to make a tracklist of what could have been a good Eminem/Shady album from all 3.

Key:

Relapse - #
Relapse: Refill - %
Recovery - *
Tracklist:

1. Dr. West #
2. 3 AM #
3. Ridaz %
4. Stay Wide Awake #
5. Insane #
6. Tonya (Skit) #
7. Same Song & Dance #
8. Seduction *
9. My Darling %
10. Mr. Mathers (Skit) #
11. Deja Vu #
12. Beautiful #
13. Space Bound *
14. Going Through Changes *
15. Paul (Skit) #
16. Cinderella Man *
17. Steve Berman (Skit) #
18. Careful What You Wish For %
19. Underground #
Hidden: Untitled * (Optional)

Put it in a playlist like I'm about to do, listen and tell me what you think. :O

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Yes but not to another artist, I was asking does this make a better album out of the 2 albums and EP this is made of.

"You hate it before you played it, I already forgave ya." - J.Cole. :glare:

Mostly forgiving because I'm downloading the mixtape in which that blu song was from lol.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Have you listened to it? Am I missing out on a hip hop masterpiece?

FA should've come out like a year ago. No hate, there's just no hype for it.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I don't even know what happened. I used to think Joell was like...a top 10 rapper.

Unbelievable how quickly he got old.

Niko45

Smash Master
haha idk why everyone's suddenly over Joell Ortiz. Other rappers have forced me to be much more patient than he has. maybe I just don't get my hopes up as much as other people or something.

Jane

Smash Hero
im soooo in loveee with aliciaaa keysss right noWWWW UGHHH ♥
i saw this thing about how alicia (and lady gaga) are not gonna update their twitters or facebooks until they raise a certain amount of money for charity.

pretty good idea if you ask me cuz people will be so desperate for twitter updates from them that they'll donate. lol

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
My brother's just starting to get into rap music...

And he likes Soulja Boy...

**** the public school system and what they've done to him...

Seriously...

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
not even into that, shes beautiful and shes such an evolved person.

&
show him the other side of things. not the public school system.. i dont know where you got that from. soulja boy isnt good by my standards but people have their tastes. let them enjoy what they want.

soap

Smash Hero
My brother's just starting to get into rap music...

And he likes Soulja Boy...

**** the public school system and what they've done to him...

Seriously...
"Can't expect them all to rap like they Hova, can a boy really act like a soldia?

Wait that ain't a subliminal shot, ain't no one person single-handedly killing hip hop

So when I'm out of town and wifey's back home, I turn my swag on and tell her kiss me thru the phone

I can't be mad they just actin they age, shoot I was the same back in the days." -Jin

that's kinda how I feel about soulja

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
How old is he?
13, I think. So impressionable. He needs some of that Outkast and ATCQ in his life.

show him the other side of things. not the public school system.. i dont know where you got that from. soulja boy isnt good by my standards but people have their tastes. let them enjoy what they want.
Have you BEEN to PG county? High schoolers around here are the epitome of horrible taste when it comes to music. Gucci, Waka Flocka, Soulja Boy, and the smartest of smart ones are Wayne ****riders.

Not pretty out here.

And yea, I understand people have their tastes, that's a given. But his first venture into hip hop music and he stumbles into Soulja Boy?

I can't be okay with that.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
hey im a high schooler. in oakland we listen to about the same, except the wayne thats only the white kids... more like lil boosie, flocka, lil b (BASED GOD hella funny), db tha general

i think i started out liking hip hop with kanye west and ludacris and eminem... and also lil wayne smh.
but dont trip. give him an ATLiens cd, maybe some wu tang, the low end theory, let him bug out and you'll see what he will want to listen to.

Top Bottom