• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
My R&B and pretty much the only R&B artist I listen to is Mario.

I been bumping him since Turning Point. Actually, Turning Point was the first album I ever bought!

Niko45

Smash Master
Anybody like Atmosphere in here? I've heard some stuff and I think he's really good. I just need to be pointed in the right direction (good albums, good mixtapes, etc.).

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Are you serious?

J. Cole is a ****ing monster.

He is filled with punchlines and metaphors to last a lifetime it seems. He spits real **** instead of the same old mainstream bull****. The way he crafts his stories is incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfHw2b6b1PU

EDIT: BTW I was wondering if anybody could get me the W.A.L.E.D.A.N.C.E. instrumental. I can't find a dl link anywhere on the internet. Somebody has it up on youtube, but won't send the link.
this track is TOUGH.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
double post

as for current r&b...

erykah badu's album was good, so was alicia keys. ne-yo definitely is all over mj's ****, but that champagne life track is a banger.

in other news, my sister is downstairs crying and watching the wiz.

blue eyed soul track of the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi8O_uRpelQ

if you don't recognize the sample...fail.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
You talking waledance?

It's actually pretty easy, especially since I know the song by heart and it's Wale Top 5 easily.

Naw, I wrote for my friend he can't rhyme to save his life. He raps about stupid and funny ****. So that's what I did for him.

Niko45

Smash Master
Atmosphere is sick. Although all I have heard is Sad Clown Bad Dub 2 and When Life Gives You Lemons...

my favorite track is The River. it hits hard :<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mQYfyEPUd8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9GIp3EgPAI (super powerful and heartbreaking live version)
The stuff I've heard is old (God Loves Ugly, Smart Went Crazy, Woman with the Tatoo'd Hands) so I'm glad to hear the new stuff is still good. I will definitely check it out. If you're in the right mood for it Atmosphere is so good.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
so....just heard that kanye is willing to produce nas' entire next album. dj premier also said he's willing to produce an entire album with nas......i think his next album is gonna be a classic...just feels like it :) hopefully nas can stop picking such bland productions on his albums now and make an amazing product.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
so....just heard that kanye is willing to produce nas' entire next album. dj premier also said he's willing to produce an entire album with nas......i think his next album is gonna be a classic...just feels like it :) hopefully nas can stop picking such bland productions on his albums now and make an amazing product.
dude, if Kanye produces Nas' whole album I will never stop jizzing.

never

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
long time ago? does that mean that 2Pac, Biggie, KRS-One, Rakim, MC Lyte, Jeru the Damaja, all of the Wu-Tang Clan, etc. are just old names? They're VETERANS to hip-hop. Drake is a pile of new pop rap group. **** Drake.
No, cause I respect those guys.

Anyway, not tryin to drop too much hate I'm just sayin I've seen little that really impresses me haha

For RnB I loved Usher, since Confessions, but his new stuff is eh. Trey Songz and the Dream are KILLING it right now though. Love it

edit lul didn't realize i double posted

soap

Smash Hero
new usher is so wack

Ohhhhh myyyyyyyy god. I can dance to it if i just block out the lyrics

trey songz is ok i guess. only stuff i've heard is his old mixtape collabos with drake

only other dream song I know is gym class heroes cookie jar.

speaking of gym class their last album was so wack. cookie jar wasn't bad. but the rest...

I liked papercut chronicles and for the kids

soap

Smash Hero
o ya i forgot

anyone listen to jay z rkelly best of both worlds? I love it

Make up, and break up
That's all we do
Then we have sex, next thing you know
Everything is cool
Best of Both Worlds! Holla at your boy

Sex is always betta fresh off the vendetta

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
The Dream is the Truth... He is easily the most underrated R&B Artist. I mess with him heavy. Ne-Yo is also one of my favorites. Chris Brown need to make his epic come back! Other than them...I really only listen to Anime Soundtracks. Or Kate Nash, Lily Allen, and Frank Sinatra.

Niko45

Smash Master
o ya i forgot

anyone listen to jay z rkelly best of both worlds? I love it

Make up, and break up
That's all we do
Then we have sex, next thing you know
Everything is cool
Best of Both Worlds! Holla at your boy

Sex is always betta fresh off the vendetta
I love that album. Break up to make up was my ****.

Girlfriend didn't believe me when I said that I'd be back in a little cause I had the crisp T with the crease in the middle. Plus a fresh cut and them freezin icicles on my wrist, on my hand that's when **** hit the fan.

And the R Kelly solo track Shorty "said I wouldn't mention Sisqo - phuck it, he's a bum!"

Good times

soap

Smash Hero
The Dream is the Truth... He is easily the most underrated R&B Artist. I mess with him heavy. Ne-Yo is also one of my favorites. Chris Brown need to make his epic come back! Other than them...I really only listen to Anime Soundtracks. Or Kate Nash, Lily Allen, and Frank Sinatra.
kate nash is the ****. I don't like Lily allen so much, She's kinda narcissistic and mean. She has good production tho lol

I bump samurai champloo ost all day to do homework (rip jun), and ouran host club soundtrack, its got more of a classical feel.

I love soundtracks in general. Zelda orchestrations, i work out to the Wong fei hung soundtrack, Matrix ost, avatar ost is epic (the original show... **** that movie)

and many more lol

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Zelda orchresta is the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

But, I been bumpin Nas's Illmatic and Reasonable Doubt these past 2 days.

No contest Nas's beginning of career > Jay-Z beginning of career.

Even though Reasonable Doubt is also a good *** album. Illmatic is easier to follow and has had a bigger impact on the culture.

"Straight out the ****in dungeons of rap"

soap

Smash Hero
i've been listening to a good amount of jay and nas again too out of nostalgia.

I'm definitely seeing the diversity thing niko was talking about.

Like I can't even picture Nas doing an album with R. Kelly lol. But I could totally see Jay making a track with damian marley. Maybe not an entire album tho.

But like I was listening to lost one last night and I noticed this little flip he does to change up the rhyme scheme where he throws in a related word and starts rhyming with that.

You've been put on this earth to be
All you can be, like the reserves
And me? My time in this army, it's served
So I have to allow she, her, time to serve

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Yea, Jay does that on most of his songs.

Nas and R. Kelly? Never.

Wasn't there a problem with Jay and Kells though? Like they started beefing cause Jay's friend attacked him on stage or something like that? So they had to cancel their tour?

Boofy!

Smash Champion
anyone know any good programs to make beats with? I don't really wanna spend any money cuz i just plan on having some fun, nothing serious. Either hip-hop or something to make dance/techno/house music with.

Niko45

Smash Master
I actually think Damien Marley and Nas was a great pairing. Road to Zion was great, I'm definitely looking forward to listening to Distant Relatives at some point.

But to be honest idk if I can see anyone making a full CD with Damien Marley so I'll just have to see how it turns out.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
And I was only referring to current R&B when I made my first post about dream, etc. If we're going back in the day, gotta listen to Boyz II Men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzduPKYz3uk

I'm singing this right now cause I leave my family and Paris tomorrow.

Also, I have a very close spiritual connection with Aaliyah cause I loved her when she was alive and she died on my birthday, so every birthday I think of her and how music would be so much better today if she was still here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKbWF1jwMhE

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Zelda orchresta is the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

But, I been bumpin Nas's Illmatic and Reasonable Doubt these past 2 days.

No contest Nas's beginning of career > Jay-Z beginning of career.

Even though Reasonable Doubt is also a good *** album. Illmatic is easier to follow and has had a bigger impact on the culture.

"Straight out the ****in dungeons of rap"
"Where fake *****s don't make it back"

****ing love Illmatic. Nas > Jay-Z no matter what imo.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
umm... Genuwine? Boyz II Men?

c'mon now
Boyz 2 Men >>>

Genuwine......aside from like 2 songs, i don't listen to him....can't even remember what those songs were.

Chris Brown need to make his epic come back! Other than them...I really only listen to Anime Soundtracks. Or Kate Nash, Lily Allen, and Frank Sinatra.
maybe it's just me but i've never liked chris brown. "yo" is aight but i always thought all he did was yelp on tracks.

anyone know any good programs to make beats with? I don't really wanna spend any money cuz i just plan on having some fun, nothing serious. Either hip-hop or something to make dance/techno/house music with.
torrent-->frooty loops

Absolutely love this Aaliyah (and Big/Pac) tribute by Jay-Z. A surprising amount of people haven't heard this in my experience...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7RFHquGiWo
i can dig it.

Top Bottom