• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
You sad about ATL? Who the **** comes to Memphis? No one. All our boys get big and chase dreams in ATL. I'm planning on moving to the Chi.

Also, the line is weird but it makes sense in context. NERD says I'm coming a couple lines before. When they played rockstar on Friday they changed it to hollow guys, which is much better. :p

McCloud

Oh and to get on ace's previous point about livin in MTV cribs.

Only if you're the flagship artist. Kat Stacks called out Young Money as the Young Money roommates, lol. Granted, Kat Stacks is nasty as all get out, but yeah if you're not Wayne or Drake on your label, you're not gettin paid.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
That list is terrible. Fight the Power is not the best Hip Hop song ever. There are like five songs in there that I agree with. HOW IS GET LOW EVEN ON THAT LIST?
i think fight the power is top ten, possibly five. the fact that they only have 1 nas track and 1 tupac track(I get around for fuck's sake) is just a shame to anyone that listens.

jug loves his doom, smh.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
i think fight the power is top ten, possibly five. the fact that they only have 1 nas track and 1 tupac track(I get around for fuck's sake) is just a shame to anyone that listens.

jug loves his doom, smh.
I agree with this completely.

As for Doom, I like him but he's not my ultimate favorite. But I can certainly see why a lot of people really like him.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
i like doom, he's creative and has some nice lyrics
the problem is his voice is some what of an acquired taste, you either can or can't stand it, much like lil wayne

Suspect

Smash Hero
omg I wish I could slap the **** out of every wayne groupie

especially the ones that talk **** about other rappers like they know something.

All these dumb little white and mexican girls keep talking mess about Em and its making me angry, plus they are wayneheads! :mad:

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
I enjoy Wayne's mixtapes but I hate when people start putting him over people like Em. just cause he says he's the best rapper alive doesn't make it true

McCloud

Yeah but have y'all heard Recovery?

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14380-recovery/

Hilarious review. I tend to agree, I've heard a lot of Recovery and it's just Eminem doing all these fancy tricks, but I don't see the substance. edit - I'd give it like a b-

Carter III was dope. Lil Wayne needs to come out with a new album so we can update his skill level.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Yeah but have y'all heard Recovery?

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14380-recovery/

Hilarious review. I tend to agree, I've heard a lot of Recovery and it's just Eminem doing all these fancy tricks, but I don't see the substance.

Carter III was dope. Lil Wayne needs to come out with a new album so we can update his skill level.
We talked about Recovery weeks ago, and we also talked about this ******** review, which is ******** btw. Let me restate that Pitchfork gave Encore a 6.8 or somesuch.

imo, Recovery is quite dope but there's too much singing and focus on hooks and choruses. There are also some ridiculously, embarassingly cheesy lines but I can look past all that. It's a pretty good album but it's nowhere near SS/MMLP caliber for many reasons.

Also, I don't like Doom not because he's "not mainstream". I don't like him because I hate how he sounds, his lyrics, his stupid flow, and I hate most of his beats. I spend most of my time listening to stuff like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEd8GJcLmnE so it has nothing to do with mainstream digestibility. Don't try to make it seem like it's about some BS "oh, Doom is just too deep for you."

McCloud

Not a big doom guy, so I'm not making it seem like anything. But the fact remains that doom cant market himself for shiiiiiii.

I brought up Recovery for the Lil Wayne debate. I dunno, I feel like Wayne gets a lot of flak for some otherwise humorous and generally good ****. Carter III was dope as all hell. His verse on Bedrock was of course, not, along with many other of his features since then. But hey, dude's makin money with catchy ****...

Anyone else see Kanye perform Power tonight on the BET awards? Dope.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Not a big doom guy, so I'm not making it seem like anything. But the fact remains that doom cant market himself for shiiiiiii.

I brought up Recovery for the Lil Wayne debate. I dunno, I feel like Wayne gets a lot of flak for some otherwise humorous and generally good ****. Carter III was dope as all hell. His verse on Bedrock was of course, not, along with many other of his features since then. But hey, dude's makin money with catchy ****...

Anyone else see Kanye perform Power tonight on the BET awards? Dope.
Yeah, I got no hate for Wayne even though sometimes he puts out some embarassing ****. A great example is his verse on Recovery. To me, it's bad for even Wayne standards. It sounds bad, it's stupid, and then Em comes along and ***** and murders it and makes it sound so much worse.

Jane

Smash Hero
omg I wish I could slap the **** out of every wayne groupie

especially the ones that talk **** about other rappers like they know something.

All these dumb little white and mexican girls keep talking mess about Em and its making me angry, plus they are wayneheads! :mad:
lol, just laugh it off man, there are some seriously ignant heads out there. just laugh and pray they one day find a brain (they probably wont)

I spend most of my time listening to stuff like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEd8GJcLmnE so it has nothing to do with mainstream digestibility.
holy **** that was tight. sounds like horse, but more hardcore. definitely checking them out

I dunno, I feel like Wayne gets a lot of flak for some otherwise humorous and generally good ****. Carter III was dope as all hell. His verse on Bedrock was of course, not, along with many other of his features since then. But hey, dude's makin money with catchy ****...
he definitely does not get enough credit. well, he either gets not enough by some, and way too much by others. :laugh: i personally really enjoy wayne, and love the way he just releases free music by the boatload.

soap

Smash Hero
i liked wayne more back in tha block is hot hustler musik era

Carter III was like his explosion into the mainstream and you were kinda forced to listen to it in the club or if u ever turned on the radio so I eventually just liked it out of convenience.

And I liked No Ceilings alot, it was no Dedication 3, but it was tight

every time wayne says best rapper alive is mad annoying tho rofl

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
lol wayne had one of the best marketing plans so i can respect him, though i don't really listen to much of his music: flood the market! this man was on everybody's song and cd. i heard him on underground stuff lol. i actually didn't mind his verse on No Love as much as a lot of people did....

@McCloud: I stopped watching BET once i realized how full of **** the awards are :)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Book of Rhymes is a tight track. I love how he admits right in the verse that some of the old rhymes are whack.

speaking of Nas and mashups, I LOVE this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0gZV3HZ_U8

It's the beat from Technique's "Harlem Streets". Em's verse feels wrong with this beat, imo. Fabolous fits fine, but Nas' verse from "Hope" is pitch perfect. Not only is it one of my favorite verses of all time, but the beat is so much more fitting than the original \ to me.

McCloud

@Blu yeah but KANYE. haha. That's my boy man.. **** the rest of BET though.

Nas is dope, always liked him since he made the little I Can song. It's interesting to see the contrast between him and Jigga though. Both of them were in Paris and I ended up saying I'd rather see Jay... Jay might be more commercial but eh.

Ended up going to neither.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Book of Rhymes is a tight track. I love how he admits right in the verse that some of the old rhymes are whack.

speaking of Nas and mashups, I LOVE this one

It's the beat from Technique's "Harlem Streets". Em's verse feels wrong with this beat, imo. Fabolous fits fine, but Nas' verse from "Hope" is pitch perfect. Not only is it one of my favorite verses of all time, but the beat is so much more fitting than the original \ to me.
Hope over Dance With The Devil Instrumental >>>>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLN_N2exNGI

i think this one fits much better.

@soap: I love that mix. i remember when i first heard. that's definitely my second favorite nas-nujabes mash-up. my first is no longer on youtube for some reason =/. i might re-upload it....

Jane

Smash Hero
my favorite nas song, my favorite anime

heard this mash-up years ago, just came across it again tonite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUMoC0QA1xI
dude, samurai champloo is the shiiiiiiiit. second favorite anime. its so good. that was sick, too

i think fab's part fit the best out of all three of them. dope, tho

^I thought only the nas verse fit well. Man, havent listened to technique in a while

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T56a8Apkr98&playnext_from=TL&videos=3hndG-px9js

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ04GguljyI&playnext_from=TL&videos=3hndG-px9js

that kids entire channel is pretty sick.

he blends classic tracks with mostly korean producers like quiett and epik high

just subscribed
holy ****, i REALLY liked that first track

Top Bottom