• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Jane

Smash Hero
in a song or in an interview or what?

also, who can tell me what classic album/song samples the following song? its easy as ****, really.

BUT DONT ****ING CHEAT, ****ERS!

soap and blu can't answer this question for reasons that will be disclosed after someone gets the correct answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1eiAPKfAVY

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Song. Jay said something about "Baby money" after Baby kept saying Wayne was a better rapper and had more money than Jay.

Wayne said this:

“Talkin’ bout baby money, I got ya baby money
/ Kidnap yo b***h, get that how much you love yo lady money /
I know you fake n***a, press yo breaks n***a”

Also, random tangent. I bought Paid In Full today. After listening to it a few times, I'd have to say.....I'm not diggin' this shit. It sounds way too dated. I mean, good albums are supposed to "bring you back" to the time and mind state an artist was in when he made an album but all I'm thinking about are addida sweat jackets and dookie chains but not in a positive light.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Song. Jay said something about "Baby money" after Baby kept saying Wayne was a better rapper and had more money than Jay.

Wayne said this:

Also, random tangent. I bought Paid In Full today. After listening to it a few times, I'd have to say.....I'm not diggin' this shit. It sounds way too dated. I mean, good albums are supposed to "bring you back" to the time and mind state an artist was in when he made an album but all I'm thinking about are addida sweat jackets and dookie chains but not in a positive light.
I felt the same way about Rakim and Eric B's albums to be honest.

And I just got done listening to The R.E.D. album, I know many of you in here don't like Game but I have to say this is the best shit I've heard all year possibly. lol I'd say give it a try, it's much better than Doctor's Advocate and L.A.X. but not as good as Documentary. Still solid as fuck.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

also, who can tell me what classic album/song samples the following song? its easy as ****, really.

BUT DONT ****ING CHEAT, ****ERS!

soap and blu can't answer this question for reasons that will be disclosed after someone gets the correct answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1eiAPKfAVY
Life's a *****?

This song is hot as hell

MBlaze

Smash Champion
It pains me to listen to "It's Good" -____- Well wayne's verse anyway. I'm kinda waiting for someone to come and punch Drake in his shit, like I'm not trying to hate but he's acting like he's mad hard ever since Wayne has been out... lmao Like I used to like how he presented himself before his album, then it came out and he was manageable to listen to but then after a while he gets annoying.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I mean this is coming from someone who used to bump his shit heavily back in his mixtape days lol, I still listen to some of his stuff now but not a lot. He's nothing compared to his Comback Season/So Far Gone days. I'll give Take Care a listen but if it isn't above average then I'm not really acknowledging him musically anymore.

Predictions about Tha Carter IV, btw?

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I feel like I'm getting trolled. I didn't like Drake in that verse, he was rapping like he was the one who went to jail and all that until his last part. Buying C4 though, I support Weezy all the way...

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
....You too hyped, son. You know all he gon say is some shit like "I'mma shoot you and you'll start Wheezing". Then somebody'll ask him if he's talking about Wayne and he'll say "Nah. People will interpret that line anyway they want." This nigga still burning from Ether and won't dare say anybody name....though it would be interesting if he did.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Ye and Jay Vs Wayne Drake...that'll be kinda interesting...

The last interesting beef was 50 and officer ricky...that was entertainment

rhan

Smash Hero
Is The Carter IV out now? I'm almost certain it's going to be crap aside from John and How to Love. But I still will probably get it when my Ipod gets down here (Hopefully today).

Who hates me for liking Drake?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
All my east coast US fam stay safe over the weekend, they're saying Irene is bigger than Europe.

Who hates me for liking Drake?
I don't. He makes good music. Repetitive at times and uninspiring true and never worthy of the hyperbolic ratings but he makes music I can enjoy in the club, with a chick, at a party or when I'm feeling smooth lol.

Jane

Smash Hero
i love drake. he really has a knack for making music i enjoy a lot. like that headlines joint is fire.

and rhan, na bro. carter 4's final track i think most will like. its seriously ill.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Only gonna listen to it cuz Nas is on it.

Edit: Just listened to it. Nas sounds like those It Was Written days.

Shyne sounds like he's on his death bed. His vocal chords get ***** in Jail?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I understand if noone wants me to post ever again after i link this, but you can't deny the craftsmanship and attention to detail that went into making this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8srUyAIjCdo
This is gay and honestly it only makes me appreciate the craftmanship and attention to detail that went into making the original.

Anyways, I was thinking about rap speeds. There are lots of rappers whose gimmick is how fast they can rhyme, but are there any rappers whose gimmick is the opposite? I want to hear some bars at 40 BPM

Top Bottom