• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

rhan

Smash Hero
Just cuz you rap slow doesn't mean it's not impressive. Common's whole goal when he spits is to make you think. He's more of the poetic rapper then any other. He does't do it to impress at all. He does it to get a point across.

Jane

Smash Hero
man you cant just neuter the quote like that...

"real rappers is hard to find, like a remote
control rap is out of"

as in rap is out of control. he waits to say it because its supposed to be considered a separate line. i thought it was nice.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
That Common verse is one of the most hated in all of hiphop. I've been on reddit.com/r/hiphopheads lately and that's the biggest gripe for bad lines.

Mine is Swizz Beatz verse on Lord Lord Lord...****ing destroys a classic song with his retardedness.

"My beats go hard like **** you ****s"

really?

MBlaze

Smash Champion
yo, this has to be one of my favorite primo cuts ever. this beat is toooo sick..

and game does his thing too. that doesnt happen often.

game - born in the trap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zGZ3fWHJ9Q
Yeah I was bumping that a lot, Primo still got it.
So true. I hate his verse.

^^^ This nicca mimicking that Nas flow.

It's dope though. Anybody listen to the R.E.D Album yet? Trying to figure out whether it's worth checking/copping.
I just talked about the R.E.D. Album a few pages back D:

And I just got done listening to The R.E.D. album, I know many of you in here don't like Game but I have to say this some of best shit I've heard all year possibly. lol I'd say give it a try, it's much better than Doctor's Advocate and L.A.X. but not as good as Documentary. Still solid as fuck.
No one listens to me when I talk.... D: I had to download it though or I would have bought it, I gotta open another bank account since I moved to Arizona.

Also Drake pretty much dodging the question like a politician when asked about the Jay-Z diss; then again he probably doesn't wanna get involved which is alright. Guess they should have went to Wayne but yeah:

http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/6859...l-waynes-apparent-jay-z-jab-on-its-good.jhtml

I also remember Jadakiss saying he wanted no parts of that either. XD

soap

Smash Hero
Like a week ago, Kevin Durant posted on FB "OMG NAS killed that verse on Carter IV"

then everyone was like, "durant would download the leak"

dude is still a back-packer

Durantula

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Carter was alright... It sounds like more of a mixtape with original beats. It's no Carter 1 or 2 though... I'll predict 400k for the first week....

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Carter was alright... It sounds like more of a mixtape with original beats. It's no Carter 1 or 2 though... I'll predict 400k for the first week....
Is it at least better than III?

And I just listened to the Outro that shit was such fire until this dude Shyne came on............................... what the fuck was that? Then Busta came on :D And anyone else notice that Wayne didn't put the tracks together so he wouldn't get eaten alive? XD

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I'll say it's about even... But I think I'm leaning toward C3 a lil more... C4 is probably the weakest of the Carter series... Although all the artist featured on C4 did a really good job...

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I'll say it's about even... But I think I'm leaning toward C3 a lil more... C4 is probably the weakest of the Carter series... Although all the artist featured on C4 did a really good job...
Could I get the link to the leak on my FB wall or something? I don't think that we're allowed to do that here... are we? I can't find the leak x_x

MBlaze

Smash Champion
It is still beyond me why people like Popmatters rate hip hop albums and have the nerve to give them the ratings they do ._. like rate your own fucking genre if you're just going to promote bullshit... lol

Jane

Smash Hero
yeah haha. The line between hip hop and pop blurs more and more with each passing year. I dont really see that as a bad thing though.

Linguini

Smash Master
lol nubs, l2 illegally download music.

For most albums it's as simple as this.

Step 1- Go to google and type in "Carter IV zip"

Step 2- click on any of the resulting sharing sites with a legit zip file, unless you don't mind converting rar's

boom!

MBlaze

Smash Champion
WOOOOW I think J. Cole is tweeting and putting on Facebook his tracklist for the album as an any given Sunday update and I go to wiki for his album page and I see that the first 3 things he had

Intro
Dolla and a dream III
Can't get enough

Is on wiki and he never even said if it was official or not.... niggas................

soap

Smash Hero
I just wear a backpack everywhere, thats what I thought it was lol.

Backpacks.. are fuckin useful.
lol. basically this. In terms of hip hop it's just kind of a term for people who listen to alot of underground hip hop and wear a back-pack all the time (students, commuters). No negative connotation imo.

jin actually has this old song where he talks about "backpack" rap and it's percieved connotations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlFpkkYD6nw

Top Bottom