• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Jane

Smash Hero
dude, RIGHT?!?!? hahaha i ****ing love it. ****ing gyarados. ***** has no arms but still rocks a suit like a boss xDD

soap

Smash Hero
Cole's tracklist is a mixed bag so far. I'm seeing some old stuff, some leaks

then this
"Nobody's Perfect ft. Missy Elliott"

I like Missy tho lol

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Cole World: The Sideline Story

1. "Intro"
2. "Dollar and a Dream III"
3. "Can't Get Enough" (featuring Trey Songz)
4. "Lights Please"
5. "Interlude"
6. "Sideline Story"
7. "Mr. Nice Watch" (featuring Jay-Z)
8. "Cole World"
9. "In The Morning" (featuring Drake)
10. "Lost Ones"
11. "Nobody's Perfect" (Featuring Missy Elliott)
12. "Never Told"
13. "Rise and Shine"
14. "Gods Gift"
15. "Breakdown"
16. "Cheer Up"

EDIT: Bonus- Nothing Lasts Forever, Work Out, Daddy's Little Girl

I can't help but feel somewhat let down by this tracklist seeing as I've heard 5 tracks off the album. Maybe it will be like MBDTF and the songs weren't done.

Also @ Jane, .............. LMFAO

soap

Smash Hero
I saw an interview where he talked about going back and adding alot of stuff to the tracks that were leaked.

I"m not dissapointed in the tracklist at all really.

Well, maybe take Trey Songz and Drake off your debut. I still have that bad lupe trey songz song stuck in my head. They were playing it at some bar I was at on Saturday.

I guess Alby was right about that Trey Songz insta-hit formula. It's just kinda... formulaic.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I saw an interview where he talked about going back and adding alot of stuff to the tracks that were leaked.

I"m not dissapointed in the tracklist at all really.

Well, maybe take Trey Songz and Drake off your debut. I still have that bad lupe trey songz song stuck in my head. They were playing it at some bar I was at on Saturday.
Alright I feel a lot more comfortable and at ease now knowing that for sure, because I thought it was just speculation.

Okay I'm fine, less than one month yall. =D

Linguini

Smash Master
Disappointed by the missy elliot feature and Lights Please/In the Morning being slapped onto the album. I understand why he placed those two songs on it for commercial reasons, but it just isn't consistent with what he has been preaching for the the last year or so about his album.

And missy elliot hasn't been relevant for like 10 years rofl

Still, i'm buying the album and will reserve judgement for when I hear the whole thing from beginning to end.

LOL at those based pics

I'm happy for tyler and all but honestly the vma's don't mean *****. It's purely a media fueled hype mechanism. He still has a lot to prove and has yet to contribute something completely unique and fresh to the rap game.

rhan

Smash Hero
I didn't get to watch the VMA's last night (Even though I didn't care for them). But B being prego just gave me a negative erection.

JoFTWin

Smash Apprentice
Where the wild things are, by way of Georgia.
Hip Hop is basically Pop. They're like the same thing nowadays haha.
No they aren't the same thing and never will be, however, an artist can be considered "hip-hop" and "pop" at the same time because well.."Pop" technically isn't a genre. Pop is an artist or song of any genre that has entered the realm of "popular". If MF Doom and Madlib's "Madvillainy" album was at the top of the charts and nominated for VMAs and BET Awards and sold billions of records..it technically could be considered pop..it'd still be hip-hop..but it'd be in the pop music realm..once again..emphasis on the word technically.

Basically "Pop" is a very loose term that has little to do with sound. And more to do with what's going on with mainstream music at the time. You probably already know all this but that post kinda made me cringe lol.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Why is it that every award show something funny goes down Yeezy is involved? Even if it was as indirect as these gifs xD

Edit: I'm on my way through Carter IV, on How to Love right now so this is my intermission lmao. Album actually ain't bad and I don't even like Wayne like that. o-o I think it's better than Cater III

Favorite track off it so far (Well performed by Wayne anyway) :
Abortion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFpXv1bjE4I

and

President Carter - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0LpQ5XJzhQ

He actually goes in somewhat o-o lol never though I'd see the day where I'd say that besides listening to No Ceilings lmao

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
No they aren't the same thing and never will be, however, an artist can be considered "hip-hop" and "pop" at the same time because well.."Pop" technically isn't a genre. Pop is an artist or song of any genre that has entered the realm of "popular". If MF Doom and Madlib's "Madvillainy" album was at the top of the charts and nominated for VMAs and BET Awards and sold billions of records..it technically could be considered pop..it'd still be hip-hop..but it'd be in the pop music realm..once again..emphasis on the word technically.

Basically "Pop" is a very loose term that has little to do with sound. And more to do with what's going on with mainstream music at the time. You probably already know all this but that post kinda made me cringe lol.
Pop in the US today is like 95% hip hop. That doesn't necessarily mean that all hip-hop is pop. You are misunderstanding me.

Jane

Smash Hero
listening to C4. really enjoying it so far. i'm on the interlude. i ****ing love tech n9ne. no one can arrange words/sounds in a more appealing way.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
So I uhm... Lost my computer/Internet for like a week and a half.

In hip-hop years that's like 2 months so uhmm....WHAT'S NEW GAIS? ???

Top Bottom