• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
lol @ TLC. that seemed so random, but good shiz lol.

^i dunno. i'm still trying to find somebody that likes country music. i always figured i don't like it because no one i know listens to it and i don't feel like trying to listen to it.

Jane

Smash Hero
My heart lept, thank you OP :).
:bigthumbu

Am I the only person that doesn't really like conscious rappers that much? I'm okay with good rappers having conscious songs every now and then, but i don't really pay much attention to rappers that are solely conscious.
mos def. go.

anyone like young jeezy? i love his beats and even though the content of his lyrics arent that deep, and his rhyming isnt that amazing, he still makes dope music!

thug motivation 101 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-afrR24mqMQ

go crazy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no67S7LC7ZY

put on - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEAEiry-Yo0

his beat selection, superb!

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
anyone like young jeezy? i love his beats and even though the content of his lyrics arent that deep, and his rhyming isnt that amazing, he still makes dope music!

thug motivation 101 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-afrR24mqMQ

go crazy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no67S7LC7ZY

put on - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEAEiry-Yo0

his beat selection, superb!
I feel ya man. Good songs there, I would also add soul survivor. He also has good verses on Amazing (w/ Kanye), I'm So Hood (w/ DJ Khaled), and Icy (w/ Gucci Mane). Personally I also like My President but I see why other people wouldn't like it.

I like a lot of popular rap songs today due to the production. I don't feel the need to hate Kanye, Jeezy, DJ Khaled, etc. because their lyrics don't mean anything. Sure all Khaled does is yell "WE DA BEST" and "I REP MY CITY", but he certainly assembles all star crews and I love his beats. It's hard to deny his songs have good production. I download a lot of songs like that just for production. I'm not going to say they're good MCs, but it would be a lie to say I didn't enjoy some of their songs.

Jane

Smash Hero
Krazy - I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME WAY.

i have friends that are all into the "underground" hip hop and will automatically dismiss any materialistic or mainstream rap.

let me just say something - i love mainstream/materialistic rap as long as the production is good. i'm not listening to this music for lyrical content, i'm listening to it because i wanna MOVE, or i just wanna hear some hard hitting, sick beats.

krazy, have you heard/are you a fan of gucci mane's song wasted? i loooove that song, precisely because of the beat.

Jane

Smash Hero
masmasher you made me remember another good point about mainstream rap,

another perk of listening to it is that sometimes you get to laugh at the elementary ass rhymes they spit! and thats always fun

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Krazy - I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME WAY.

i have friends that are all into the "underground" hip hop and will automatically dismiss any materialistic or mainstream rap.

let me just say something - i love mainstream/materialistic rap as long as the production is good. i'm not listening to this music for lyrical content, i'm listening to it because i wanna MOVE, or i just wanna hear some hard hitting, sick beats.

krazy, have you heard/are you a fan of gucci mane's song wasted? i loooove that song, precisely because of the beat.
No, I haven't, but I'll check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.

masmasher you made me remember another good point about mainstream rap,

another perk of listening to it is that sometimes you get to laugh at the elementary ass rhymes they spit! and thats always fun
Haha, very true! It's pretty funny when they're clearly trying to act "fly" or "dope" but end up sounding lame. I should make a list of 10 lamest rap lines or something.

rhan

Smash Hero
So I have now been listening to some Wiz Khalifa and I think he's the ish.

Anyone else think so? I just like how he flows throughout his rhymes.

Especially on the Hero freestyle.

Jane

Smash Hero
sharigan: both those songs were pretty dope, i especially liked the second one cuz they sampled "wanna be startin somethin" gotta love MJ! but anyways i like the dudes flow

rhan: i used to listen to wiz allllll the time like a year or two back, and then i just stopped, and now hes gaining popularity so i definitely have to check out his newer stuff. i always thought he was very talented, and had great production!

on another note, BUSDRIVER~

(one of the illest songs evar!)

imaginary places - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpP-8tJ-9Js

sharigan77

Smash Cadet
sharigan: both those songs were pretty dope, i especially liked the second one cuz they sampled "wanna be startin somethin" gotta love MJ! but anyways i like the dudes flow

rhan: i used to listen to wiz allllll the time like a year or two back, and then i just stopped, and now hes gaining popularity so i definitely have to check out his newer stuff. i always thought he was very talented, and had great production!

on another note, BUSDRIVER~

(one of the illest songs evar!)

imaginary places - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpP-8tJ-9Js
bus driver- unique and fun to listen to and a fast rapper

here another rapper tonedeff a fast rapper who has an almost breathless delivery

archetype
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4itrQb_BvXM&feature=related

velocity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGxGaa26FXg

and a little extra tech n9ne lyrical and a experienced rapper

welcome to the midwest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCNOJkiDy8E

problems twista feat tech n9ne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By0ATV7ev6s

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
@ IAmBlu3; been listening to Reks, Grey Hairs. Dope as ****! Thanks for pointing him out.

Young Jeezy, not a fan. But I can't lie, bought his first album lol. I agree that some of the songs were bangers.

Fav punchline?

''Ride or die, or do both ***** ride to the death, I'll acapella the whole left side of his chest.''

''Get the ratchet go home and just Chris Benoit''

''and if your outfit is nice I'ma check it, Marques Houston won't be the only ***** naked''

''Life ain't a *****, life is life and I hate it'' -- not a punchline, just real saliva

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
^^I want to continue the joe budden lines :)

"Focused on tomorrow, done seein my friends in the rearview, thinkin we really closer than we are"

"Sayin Jumpoff don't sound right, it's blasphemous, downright, I astound mics, music is just what feelings sound like" - not really a punchline but too dope to pass over

"My motto i dont trust clowns, They like th XFL, imitating real *****s that touch down"

"He can snort line with his **** and won't *** dope"

too many for joey. we should do joell food references next.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Fav punchline?

''Ride or die, or do both ***** ride to the death, I'll acapella the whole left side of his chest.''

''Get the ratchet go home and just Chris Benoit''

''and if your outfit is nice I'ma check it, Marques Houston won't be the only ***** naked''

''Life ain't a *****, life is life and I hate it'' -- not a punchline, just real saliva
The first 2 are Joe Budden :bigthumbu

3rd one sounds familiar (budden also?)

last one idk

"you'll think im spellin Iverson when the beef all done, cuz ill leave this ***** on I-V in the ER SON.

"hangin up on *****s, like i want you to meet my ***** tone.

i got alot but those are the first that came to mind.

"no punchlines just hit haymakers"

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
first three were Joey last one was Joell. The Family Reunion and What Would Happen Verses are just nuts. Get me toooooooo hyped. Just reading the bars make me do the Budden AHHHHHHHH scream lol

lol @ Joell food references.

again not really a punchline just dope lines imo

'**** riding the beat *****, I parallel park on the track.''

''I grab mics and push *****s to the left so fast they're hearts end up on the right side of their chest''

and of course my location <-----

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
^^ "Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" dope. that was pretty good. can't stand the guys voice, but his lines were pretty good.

@N9NE - I knew somebody would agree that Grey Hairs is dope lol. I still haven't checked out More Grey Hairs yet, but i doubt it topped the first.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
ahh best punchlines? i got a few, if any of em fly over your heads i'll elaborate

"ya'll scared i can tell im'a get bucks like Milwaukee, cause like Sam I Cas-sell"

"I was movin that Van-a-White before Sajack"

Jadakiss

"mayonnaise colored benz i push miracle whips"

-Kanye

"ask beavis I get nothin butt-head" lmaooo

pretty much anything Big L has ever said, i could go for days

rhan

Smash Hero
So as I continue to Wiz Khalifa I found out that in the song "One Way" from Burn After Rolling he samples a Kirby song.

I cannot recall the song at the moment but I know it's one of the wating rooms from the series...

Jane

Smash Hero
"ask beavis I get nothin butt-head" lmaooo

pretty much anything Big L has ever said, i could go for days
so i was about to say i usually can never remember hot punchlines, but then you reminded me.

big L.

hes god.

what i love is that he just does not give a fuck. like, seriously when other rappers say they dont give a fuck, they do give a fuck.

big L, na, big L dont give a FUCK.

this is just from one song,

"Satan said I'm learnin well, big l's gonna burn in hell "

"Every sunday, a nun lay from my gun spray
F*ck carlito, we doin' sh*t the devil son's way "

"Every minute, my style switches up, they said a real man
Won't hit a girl well I ain't real cause I beat b*tches up"

"I keep the gear fresh, I keep the braids rugged
I never wear rubbers b*tch, if I get aids, f*ck it! "

So as I continue to Wiz Khalifa I found out that in the song "One Way" from Burn After Rolling he samples a Kirby song..
that is DOPE! man i have to start listening to wiz again

Suspect

Smash Hero
Only thing i dont like about Wiz is that all he really rap about is smoking weed and swishers.

what kind of ninja brags about swisher sweets?

Boofy!

Smash Champion
So as I continue to Wiz Khalifa I found out that in the song "One Way" from Burn After Rolling he samples a Kirby song.

I cannot recall the song at the moment but I know it's one of the wating rooms from the series...
Here he samples Green Hill Zone from Sonic, song is pretty wack overall tho.. Wiz def needs some new subject matter, one can only rap about blunts for so long

Big L was that dudeeeee.. punchlines for days

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Big L ... I don't know ... something's missing to me.

Been checking all of Skyzoo's discography. Dude is seriously talented.

Sky's got a nice line ... can't remember the song and the line exactly but it's something like

''too many rappers, not enough mics
too many rapping, not enough nice.''

Top Bottom