• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World Wrestling Entertainment

Stryks

Smash Hero
Smackdown got the worst part of the draft, seriously Raw got the best its unfair, they got KENNEDY, he was my fav. wrestler on smackdown!! this is really unfair, ECW got only a few, but nobody likes ecw anyway...

Oh I predict cena beats all four of his oponents with the cena combo, not before he gets his *** kicked of course...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Seriously the Mcmahon diying this is full of crap, BS and whatever u want to throw in, u can tell vince wasnt in the limo when it exploded, and why are they waiting to announce his death if official? Cmon its not like their stil linvestigating, if he aint breathing, aint moving and is burn to ashes then hes dead...

Seriously WWE sux now, cena winning every match, beating the odds... again, and losing the title like once every year, batista CONSTANTLY going for the WH title, raw getting all the good wrestlers including the kick *** Kennedy, and now mcmahon "diying"...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
sure is getting old which is the reason i stopped watching it around 2 years ago but i just happened to have caught yesterday's Raw and i'll tell you alot has changed, I miss having "The Rock" as well as "Stone Cold" & "Eddie Guerrero" which was one of the reasons I used to watch it alot especially during the 2001 Alliance between WWE & WCW but I guess times have changed because even Eric Bischoff is part of WWE and seems to me they brought back ECW which I don't know why they took them so long to be in WWE, oh well i guess it will never be the same like it used to be

Toilet Paper

Smash Journeyman
In the Draft, Raw got the best. London and Kendrick? Booker? LASHLEY? Raw is the best, which sux because I can only watch Smackdown. The only good draft was Ric Flair going to Smackdown. The Nature Boy is the best!

Also, my hat goes off to Vince McMahom "Dying". Ya right. He's not even dead.

Also, who do you guys think will win the matches at Vengeance?
Batitsta will win WH title match.

Jimmy Wang Yang will win CruiserWeight match.

Ric Flair will win the US match. WOOOOOOO!!

Cena will win WWE Challenge match.

How about you guys?

RKOrulez

Smash Cadet
Source WWE.com

World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home. There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

This really sucks.

E123Omega

Smash Lord
Source WWE.com

World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home. There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

This really sucks.
NO! NO! NO!!!!!!!

DAMMIT!!!!!!!! FIRST EDDIE AND NOW BENOIT!!!!!!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Holy freaking **** u have got to be kidding!! wait was he murdered?! what the ****?! man he was like the most kick *** of the wrestlers, god I cant believe this!

RKOrulez

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it is really sad that this happened but what really sucks that his family died too. I know that Benoit had to fly out to see his family yesterday and had to miss the Vengence ppv because of a family emergency so murder seems possible.

RKOrulez

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the double post but I got some more info.

Source Yahoo news:

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. - WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a homicide.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

Pope said results of autopsies on Benoit, his wife Nancy, and 7-year-old son Daniel were expected Tuesday.

Benoit, 40, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the federation said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

Benoit, a Canadian native, maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
This is just too much for me to take. I can't believe Chis Benoit and his entire family have been found dead. I can't tell you what a loss this is for the WWE and sport in general. I have been a Benoit fan since his WCW and without a doubt he is one of the greatest wrestlers that has ever lived.

RIP Benoit and family.

Dibs

Smash Lord
RIP Benoit and family. He was one of the greatest.. this raw is gonna be crazy for me to watch.

RKOrulez

Smash Cadet
I have more shocking news.

The following is from foxnews.com

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being investigated as a murder-suicide, but said that could not be confirmed until the evidence was examined by a crime lab.

WAGA reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend, and then himself sometime Monday.

A concerned neighbor called police. The bodies were found in three different rooms.

The lead investigator, Sheriff's Lt. Tommy Pope, told The Associated Press that the deaths were being investigated as homicide, and said the cause of death awaited autopsy results on Tuesday.

Pope said the three were found about 2:30 p.m., but he would release no other details about the deaths at the house in a subdivision near White Water Country Club.

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that Benoit, 40, his wife, Nancy, and son, who was named Daniel, were found dead, but also had no other details.

EDIT- More news. The following is from WWE.com:

It has been ruled that the deaths of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel earlier today were the result of a double murder-suicide from within the home. WWE.com will have more as soon as it becomes available.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
According to the WWE homepage, there is fairly conclusive evidence that the case was a double murder-suicide. I guess there isn't much I can say aside from that. The man was a legend, but even that can't excuse his actions. Wrestling is like any other form of entertainment-the people have two faces, the one they show to the public and the one that is real. Just like on the internet. For a person to kill the people who are suppose to be the closest to them and then to leave the body laying for days shows a lot of mental anguish.

May they all R.I.P.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah, Im surprised it was a double murder-suicide, I mean Benoit looked normal to me, he didnt look like sad, mad or anything... this is really derpessing really, even though theres no excuse for what he has done, Im still a fan of him, wrestling-wise, and he will always be one of the greates, if not THE greatest wrestler to ever lived...

Benoit 4 ever Real...

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
Why would you want to share a sig celebrating the life of a murderer? If anything, you should be honoring his wife and son.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hey cmon man, yes theres no excuse, but never the less he was one of the greatest wrestlers, if he had some very hard problems then maybe that provoque him but theres no excuse, still Im a fan of him as a wrestler, but im ashame of what he did...

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
He. Smothered. A. Seven. Year. Old. Boy.

I used to be a huge fan of his back when I watched wrestling, his feuds with Jericho and Angle were the only reasons I watched wrestling at the time. Last night when this was still hearesay I watched a bunch of tribute stuff for him on WWE.com and actually got a little emotional, but all that means absolutely nothing now.

Stryks

Smash Hero
True I think what he did was absolutely barberic, theres absolutely no excuse... still like I said before ill always be his fan wrestling-wise... but this is just unforgiveable...

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I respect all he did for the WWE company and fans, thats the man that I am honoring, not what he did to his family and himself this weekend.

@ Toilet Paper, go for it.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Hell, I don't like OJ but I still think he was one hell of a running back. Same can be applied here I guess you can say. But if Benoit really did these things, he just ruined his legacy for me.

Volrec

Smash Lord
Well Benoit was, no ****ing doubt, the BEST wrestler in the WWE. Only lift move he did constantly was the German Suplex, and the occasional Northern Lights. But how many wrestlers this day use the northern lights suplex?

RIP.

But i'm not emotional, because he killed and stuff. Shame he became an hero

SORRY REALLY I JUST HAD TO SAY IT

FireBomb

Smash Lord
He killed his family, but why? If he was taking drugs over the years, it could have been "roid rage" as they call it. One would never imagine Benoit doing such a thing, but he did...

It was a weird feeling Monday, watching the end of Wrestlemania 20, seeing Eddie Guererro and Chris Benoit, two best friends holding title belts and raising their hands in victory. And now they've died within 2 years of eachother... it's crazy.

May their family rest in peace.

Ate Track

Smash Cadet
my friend put it in the best way: "i will now and forever respect benoit as a wrestler, but i have lost all respect for him as a man."

and i agree.

but wtf, giving nitro the ecw title??? come onnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Stryks

Smash Hero
What I find funny is that the whole Vince diying crap, IS indeed crap, he appeared in a video and on the news today... Hahahaha WWE is so ****ed... and I agree with ate track and that quote...

Ate Track

Smash Cadet
he was on a video before ecw too.

ecw and smackdown tonite i've read are gonna feature no storylines, only wrestling. i think on monday they're gonna try to get back to normal

Repryx

Smash Champion
THe Question is How Are they Gonna Put McMahon Back INto the Story. I think its ognna have somethin to do w/ HHH

Stryks

Smash Hero
Man the summerslam tour came to my town on the 4th and I couldnt go 250 bucks for front road seats, what is this a PPV?! anyway I saw some picks and my GOD kids as far as the eye can see with cena gear, I wanted to shoot each one of my eyeballs...

Next time Im going im taking a "cena cant wrestle" and "Ive cena-nough" and my favorite "cena killed wrestling"... yeah Im 100% anti-cena

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Well Benoit was, no ****ing doubt, the BEST wrestler in the WWE. Only lift move he did constantly was the German Suplex, and the occasional Northern Lights. But how many wrestlers this day use the northern lights suplex?

RIP.

But i'm not emotional, because he killed and stuff. Shame he became an hero

SORRY REALLY I JUST HAD TO SAY IT
I disagree with you. In fact, I would say that Benoit was one of the WORST wrestlers in WWE. Judgement Day match, prime example, I was there, a "This Match Sucks" chant broke out. I did however, liked Chris Benoit more when he was champion in 2003-2004 (Whichever is correct. After he lost that, his career went downhill. I then lost all respect for Benoit when I heard he killed his family. Especially because JR said to the grown children of Benoit, "Your father was a good man." and CM Punk said, "Chris Benoit was my hero."

Pray for him hard people, because he's going to need it where he's going.

Don't get me wrong, my thoughts and prayers go out to the Benoit family that survived. May Nancy and ....Daniel rest in peace

Repryx

Smash Champion
Man Why Does Everyone Hate Cena? And Why did he Stop Freestyling B4 Matches?

And one More Question When Will Khali Take EXTENSIVE english lessons?

Stryks

Smash Hero
The question why DONT people hate cena?

Thing is that the guy just cant wrestle, every match is the same he does a headlock here and there, some clotheslines, and then he gets his *** kicked multiple times during a match, and JUST when u thought thats the end of him, he defies the odds in EVERY match and does the cena combo:

3-4 clotheslines
2-3 shoulder blocks
modified side slam
Knuckle shuffle (peoples elbow rip off)
FU
STFU

and wins... thats it... he NEVER changes and keep doing it over and over and over, he hasnt lost the title this year even though he has faced far... FAR more talented wrestlers like edge, HBK, Orton hell even lashley is a better wrestler...

Point is hes only winning cause the writters make him win, because his merchandise sells, making to identical swaetbands but with diferent logos and they keep selling, also he has disgraced the WWE title, and is by far the worst wrestler in WWE...

Wow I feel wat better now!

and keep khali as he is, u have NO idea how fun it is to make up what hes saying...

Like when hes pointing at some guy I go: "HES LOOKING AT ME!!" or when he pushed some guy: "HAHA I FELLED!" lol

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
The question why DONT people hate cena?

Thing is that the guy just cant wrestle, every match is the same he does a headlock here and there, some clotheslines, and then he gets his *** kicked multiple times during a match, and JUST when u thought thats the end of him, he defies the odds in EVERY match and does the cena combo:

3-4 clotheslines
2-3 shoulder blocks
modified side slam
Knuckle shuffle (peoples elbow rip off)
FU
STFU

and wins... thats it... he NEVER changes and keep doing it over and over and over, he hasnt lost the title this year even though he has faced far... FAR more talented wrestlers like edge, HBK, Orton hell even lashley is a better wrestler...

Point is hes only winning cause the writters make him win, because his merchandise sells, making to identical swaetbands but with diferent logos and they keep selling, also he has disgraced the WWE title, and is by far the worst wrestler in WWE...

Wow I feel wat better now!

and keep khali as he is, u have NO idea how fun it is to make up what hes saying...

Like when hes pointing at some guy I go: "HES LOOKING AT ME!!" or when he pushed some guy: "HAHA I FELLED!" lol

You DO know that you've posted the Cena combo three +times right?????

Amyway, I totally agree. I fell out of my seat at Judgement Day when Khali tapped. His merchandise sells no doubt, but he's fun to boo. Khali is HILARIOUS especially when it comes to his talkinf. It sounds like he got punched in the crotch and tazered while trying to eat a peanutbutter sandwhich whole.

The end

Repryx

Smash Champion
Cena Combo on Defeat Lashly FTW!
BTW Each wresler has some sort of Combo.

Goldberg: Spear Jackhammer

Orton: Missed RKO, Gets slammed, Counters special into RKO. A.K.A Diamond Cutter

Michaels: Gets busted open, Shoulder Block, Handspring(Occasional seizures), Taps Foot on ground, SUPER KICK

The Rock: Not even gonna talk about but answer me this; Would you Let someone Run Across you twice and drive their Elbow into your chest in a fight?

Top Bottom