• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst and best taunts?

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Use this layout:

Best: Pit (side B is a rage function for players now lmao "Is that all you got?")
Decent:Fox
Worst:Lucario

Last edited:

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Best Taunts:
Shulk - I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
Luigi - TEH SULLEN KICK OF DOOM!
Wario - TEH LAUGH OF A GLORIOUSLY TRIUMPHANT MAN!
Dr. Mario - The Up Taunt. It's like he's insulting his opponent silently.
EDIT: Forgot one. Captain Falcon - SHOW ME YA MOVES!
EDIT 2: Brawl Only. Sonic - YER 2 SLOOOOOOH!

Worst Taunts:
Idk.

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
I like alternating between Game & Watch's Up Taunt and Side Taunt after a really sweet kill, since they're basically the same taunt but in a different angle(?).

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Luigi's down taunt of like the god of taunts. Have you ever heard of a taunt that does damage to others? Luigi comes in and it also spikes people and can be used to edge guard. You will NEVER get it past you once it happens to you.

As for best for looks, Doc's side B gets my vote. Something about him showing off his pill skills is awesome. It's also short so you can use it more than once if you want. (Also maybe a fact that he might be a better baller than you)

Worst? Mario's up taunt. Once you do it, say hello to punishes. It takes so long that a person can respawn and even charge his smash against you. A safe way to use this taunt is if your opponent is hurling into space.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Best: everything :4wiifit:, :4bowser: down taunt, :4villager: dancing

worst: :4rob: has kinda bad taunts, exept for the laser-eyes one, imo

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Best: Luigi's casual kick of doom is fantastic
Worst: Sheik's side taunt looks really cool but makes the derpiest sound possible

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Best: Luigi's spike. Show Me Ya Moves. Luigi plank. Falco "piece o' cake!", Kirby's dance
Worst: Captain Falcon up taunt (fire charge). Fox's because of that VA.

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
Best:
All of :4luigi: and :rosalina:
:4lucina: mask, :4jigglypuff: spin :4villager: dance :4megaman: teleport :4palutena: pole dance :4zelda: goodbye wave, just for how well it goes with horizontal kills
Great quotes: :4shulk: I'm really feeling it! :4robinf: Time to tip the scales! :4marth: Minna, miteite kure. :4falcon: show me ya moves!
Worst:
:4bowser: balancing over one foot :4drmario: stomp :4falcon: fire up :4charizard: everything but the up taunt.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Best taunts: All of :rosalina:'s, :4megaman:'s and :4shulk:'s, :4myfriends:'s down and "Prepare yourself" taunt, :4falcon:'s "Show me your moves" obviously, :4duckhunt:'s side taunt, :4lucina:'s "Come at me" and the mask taunt, :4charizard:'s up taunt, :4pacman:'s Namco Roulette and side taunt, :4link:'s up and down taunt and :4zelda:'s side taunt.

Worst taunts: All of :4jigglypuff:'s and :4sonic:'s (can't stand those two really), :4bowser:'s down taunt (no idea why he does that), :4falco:'s side taunt (what happened to "Don't try me"), :4peach:'s side taunt (I really hate the way she dances and sings),:4zss:'s up taunt (I like her but the way she says "You're mine" makes her sound seductive) and worst of all, :4palutena:'s pole dancing taunt (since when did she became such a *****).

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
:4palutena:'s pole dancing taunt (since when did she became such a *****).
Palutena was largely pretty playful and taunting at times in Uprising. It's kind of odd to go that far but it kind of makes sense?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Best:
:rosalina:'s "Mh-hm"
:4lucina:'s " I cannot lose" (I think the pose is really cute.
:4shulk:'s Feeling it. Bonus points for catching 2 Shulks in one match and have them both feeling it at the start.
:4rob:'s Twisty Spins. I think they look cool. Also holding his Up B when the match ends looks like he's ascending to the heavens.
:4palutena: Pole dance. Best taunt. TENOUTTATEN.
:4robinm:'s "You're not ready" sounds like Pit's from Brawl.
:4zelda:'s Up Taunt.

Worst:
:4mario:'s stupid Grow taunt. I feel like it takes too long and leaves me mad vulnerable.
Don't like :4miibrawl:'s Down Taunt where he/she punches at the screen. just looks stupid for some reason.

ChibiValshe

Hold your breath with me
3DS FC
2723-9690-1869
All of Lucina's taunts. Everything is Lucina. She is amazing.:4lucina:

Urgh, I can't stand Wario, though. Just rubs me the wrong way.:snake:

Meowser

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChronoRabbit
On the matter of :4mario: up taunt being too long... rule #5 of the "Third Way" codex demands that Mario may finish his taunt unscathed. Anybody not abiding the codex is not worthy of participating in an honorable fight.

Best:

:4bowser: side and up.
:4lucario:up.
:4peach:side - mischievous laugh.

Worst:

:4bowser:down. Just...what is this. Bowser is not a comical relief character.
:4greninja:water fountain. He's not a comical relief character either.
Tripping.
Dying to random bomb spawns.
Poke Floats.
:4sonic:YOU'RE TOO SLOW.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Best: All of :4peach:, :4pacman:, :4megaman:, :4gaw:, :4sonic:, :4ness: up and side, :4kirby: side and down, :4shulk: side, :4falcon: down, :4yoshi: up and down.

Worst: :4bowser: down, :4zelda: down, :4duckhunt: up and down,:4drmario: up and down, and all of:4wiifit: and :4wiifitm:.

Last edited:

Liduso

Smash Rookie
Best ::4falcon: Moves must be showed.
Worst ::4mario: It's just too damn slow.
Oh also :rosalina:'s anything. Idk every time I for glory against a Rosalina they taunt like there's no tomorrow, and at this point if I see that taunt I just immediately hate you.

DeployableMuffin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DaRaginAsian
3DS FC
4725-9074-1531
Did you guys know that :4greninja:'s fountain taunt does damage and can push people up? My friend found out when we were playing.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Best taunt: :4shulk:'s Now it shulk time, :4villagerf:'s dance taunt and :4falcon:'s show me your moves
Love/hate taunt: :4shulk:'s I'm really feeling it ( I like it but the memes are killing it for me)

hate taunts: :rosalina: the one she spin around (so boring to look at) :4mario: the grow taunt (too slow) and most of:4rob:taunts (very boring to look at.)

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Best: King Dedede's crouch. Not only is it hilarious, you can use it in the middle of combat to spite people, and not get punished!

Worst: Charizard's taunts, especially down and side taunts. He basically just stomps. HE IS A FIERY DRAGON! YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN STOMP!

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Opponent kills you, kill them while they do their taunt animation...

"Now it's Shulk Time!"

And steamroll from there.

Other Bests:
:4marth:Make everyone pay attention to you
:4megaman:Off to the next stage
:4robinf:Scale tipping intensifies

Okay Taunts: :4ness:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Best taunts : :4falcon: "Show me your moves !" / :4drmario: Pills here ! / :4luigi: Every taunt / :4ganondorf: The very best.
Good taunts : :4mario: Hats off / :4dedede: Every taunt / :4wiifit: Yoga is always good / :4ness: Okay.
Bad taunts : :4rob: They are all the same / :4sonic: No chuckles, only Knuckles / :4tlink: Those ain't funny at all.

BBC7

Smash Ace
Only one taunt can be listed per character, the one I find the most notable(Unless I find 2 or 3 equal). I'll give them nicknames for the most part although they should still be obvious. This is my personal opinion

God Tier:
:4falcon:1. "Show me your moves!"
:4shulk:2. "I'm Really Feeling It!"
:4dedede:3. The Crouch
:4luigi:4. Another One Bites the Dust
:4robinm:5. Scale Tipper
:4palutena:6. Make It Rain

King Tier:
:4wiifit:7. All Taunts
:4megaman:8. Teleport of Shame
:4ness:9. OKAY!
:4kirby:10. Hi!
:4greninja:11. Hurtful Fountain
:4mario:12. Hat Tipper
:4drmario:13. Pill Tosser
:4wario:14. The Moon
:4marth:15. The Ones Where he Speaks Japanese
:4pacman:16. Namco Roulette
:4peach:17. Lalalalalala

Torturephile

Smash Rookie
Favorites:
-Captain Falcon's. Everything this guy does is memetic.
-Shulk's. Already gets a lot of memes.
-Ike's. Not that special, but he seems pretty badass there.
-Palutena's. Call me naughty.
-Wario's. The trolling value right there.
-Sonic's, Fox's, and Falco's (if we count Brawl).

Honorable mention goes to Duck Hunt's dog's iconic laugh, though I wish it made the old laugh sound from its game. Some nice trolling value there.

I can't think of the worst ones, though the silent character taunts aren't my favorite. Notice all characters I named speak expect Duck Hunt.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Best:
:4duckhunt:laughes
:4falcon:Show me your moves, Come on.
:4shulk:I'm really feeling it, now it's Shulk time, this is the monado's powar.
:4peach:LALALALALALA
:4palutena: Pole dance.
:4lucina: I cannot lose.
Middle:
:4ness:OK and bat.
:4marth:Minna, miteite kure (Everybody, look at me.)
:4robinm:Time to tip the scales.
:4myfriends:Prepare yourself.
:rosalina:Side taunt.
Worst:
:4bowser:Balancing on one foot.
:4mario:Up Taunt TAKES TOO LONG.
:4duckhunt:Everything except the laugh sucks.
:4rob:Lame.
:4sonic:SONIC SPEED. WHAT HAPPENED TO URTOOSLOW?
:4littlemac:Side taunt sucks
:4drmario:Everything except the pill toss sucks.

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Best:

- Definitely all of :4shulk:'s taunts are my favorite.
- I also like spamming :4palutena:'s side taunt, lmao.
- :4lucina:'s down taunt should ACTUALLY have been an alternate costume for her IMO.
- :4falcon: down taunt because! ...No explanation needed.
- :4megaman:'s down taunt. Absolutely gives me that Megaman feeling. Especially since it reminds me of the Megaman anime. :]

Decent:
- :4dk:'s down taunt can be fun at times, especially when you're in a friendly and something weird happens, haha.
- :4ganondorf: up taunt. <3 that laugh.
- :4myfriends: side and down taunt, they just make him more badass than he already is.
- :4miisword: their poses in all their taunts make for cool pictures, so yeah. Pretty decent! :]
- :4wario: up taunt as well, especially when riding on his bike, lol.

Worst:
- :4ness: STOP THAT UP TAUNT.
- :4miibrawl: blegh that down taunt...
- :4pacman: that side taunt... I don't know.. It just bugs me..
- :4littlemac:side taunt... Rather boring.
- All of :4rob:'s taunts.. THEY'RE BORING.. AND THEY USED TO LET HIM FACE THE SCREEN. Now he looks away from the camera, but just barely. Annoys me so much.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Best: :4falcon:: Show me ya moves! :4fox:: Here I come! :4kirby:: Haaaaii! (SO KAWAII ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ)

Worst: :4mario:: WOIN-WOIN-WOIN :4samus:: *spins arm cannon :4kirby:: Haaaaii! (SO FREAKIN' ANNOYING (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ)

Khao

Smash Lord
Best? I got way too many favorites to choose just one.

Worst? That one's not so hard for me. Little Mac's side taunt is easily the worst taunt in the game.

Simply because it's barely even a thing. It looks like another idle animation. It's not cool. It's not funny. It's not annoying. It's not interesting. It's not appealing. It's not provocative. It's not special. It's not even a thing. Dude just moves in a slightly different way than he does while doing nothing. Pwagh.

DanielMota

Smash Rookie
NNID
DanielMota
I like alternating between Game & Watch's Up Taunt and Side Taunt after a really sweet kill, since they're basically the same taunt but in a different angle(?).
Totally! I main G&W too and I do that and also like doing the Up A flag thing twice and then going to attack as a way of saying "Okay! You asked for it! Here I come!!!!".

Top Bottom