• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

worst in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
Dr. Mario is a nerfed Mario, with a little mac recovery.

worst in the game

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
First thing's first is that's an opinion, not fact. I do dislike his recover, but his specials are much better that Mario's, and make up for the differences. Note I said differneces, not nerfs. He plays DIFFERENT than mario, better in some aspects, weaker in others. Note this is my opinion. Worst in game is yours.

Last edited:

Doctor_Mario

Smash Apprentice
He packs a punch, I wouldn't say he is the worst in the game.

Just in the little bottom area where all the bad characters are at.

Kisatamura

Prescriber of Manami.
NNID
Kisatamura
3DS FC
1521-4702-6467
OP's thread is bait, not mention that we've already had so many threads about Doc being worst.

Advice for anyone reading this, find the thread that had originally started with somebody disliking Dr. Mario if you wish to provide your opinion of Mario in a doctor's costume. For those defending Doc, just ignore this because it seems that a lot of characters get the "Falco is worst because of this and that" or whatever.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
There are no "worst" characters in the game, just "worst" players. If you can't succeed at a certain character, it doesn't mean they're bad, just that you need more practice. I've seen some great Dr. Mario's that can take out top tier characters (with top tier players behind them). Is he typically at a disadvantage? Sure, I'll give you that. But if you're decent and put the time in, he's more than viable.

Doctor_Mario

Smash Apprentice
There are no "worst" characters in the game, just "worst" players. If you can't succeed at a certain character, it doesn't mean they're bad, just that you need more practice. I've seen some great Dr. Mario's that can take out top tier characters (with top tier players behind them). Is he typically at a disadvantage? Sure, I'll give you that. But if you're decent and put the time in, he's more than viable.
A really good Dr. Mario cannot beat a really good ZSS/Rosalina/Sheik. Sure, I can't say this and not know but Doctor Mario has limitations that prevent him from being really good.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
He has definite limitations and definite strengths. He requires a secondary or three to fill out all of these but I think he is fairly usable against most of the cast. I am also positive that a really good Rosa/Sheik/Diddy could beat most everyone in the cast if they fought someone of equal skill. Player skill is SUCH a big factor and it's never evenly matched, momentum sways in this game HARD if you make really good decisions out of nowhere. Blah blah the dream.

Buttt you can NOT solo main him and expect to go all the way unless you are a god. And I....am no god.

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
A really good Dr. Mario cannot beat a really good ZSS/Rosalina/Sheik. Sure, I can't say this and not know but Doctor Mario has limitations that prevent him from being really good.
I guess we'll agree to disagree. Will the Dr. Mario player have to work 5 times harder? Sure. But it's not impossible. I main Dr. Mario and it's tough. I often lose because he has horrible recovery. That said, I have found ways to use that to my advantage and simply not get into that situation. Still, from the onset of any match against any player/character, I know and accept that I'm fighting an uphill battle. Still, I'd rather play the game that way than resort to any 'easy' or high tiered character.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Look, I know that Dr. Mario is slow with a nerfed recovery move, but I wouldn't jump to the conclude that he's the worst character in the game altogether. I mean, have you even tried the other characters in the game? Have you actually fully played Dr. Mario? Because as a Mario main for life, I'm sure as hell I fully use him as a main, right next to my #1 character, Mario!

Dr. Mario IS a bad character, but he's not the worst in the game. Find some pros for the Doc, rather than cons alone, then calling it a day. It's useless... :glare:

M@v

Subarashii!
Down b alone makes him better than several characters. I'm guessing he's going to be roughly around the bottom of mid tier when tier lists start being made. The bads: Not as many combos as Mario, up b isnt as safe as marios, bad recovery, and way less mobile(the worst part). The goods: Has godlike down b, his dair is arguably better than Marios dair, and still has some of Mario's combos (main ones he lacks are ones in the air, since he can't chase as well as Mario)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom