• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst. Move. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
It's useless, but Din's Fire carries your float, which might be used for recovery mindgames. It just won't work on anyone with a brain.

Pichu's skull bash. Whenever, Pichu needs more than Quick Attack to recovery, he's already dead.

Apollo

BRoomer
BRoomer
G&W's ftilt. His chair actually comes out slower than his fsmash matchstick, and it does less damage/smaller knockback.

(correct me if I'm wrong about the speed. It really is a worthless move, though... except when you want to look cool and scream "give him the CHAIR!")

MeleeUltimate

Smash Cadet
Aiser said:
If youmean just B moves then probably sheiks > B I never really found a great use for it other then edge gaurding. But theres so many better options. =\

now if you mean worst move including A and B I would have to say Gannons up A aswell =\ seriously what where they thinking when they made that.

I think Gannons Up and A move is one of the best in the game. It does tonnes of damage you just have to time it well

Courtofdoom

Smash Apprentice
Apollo said:
G&W's ftilt. His chair actually comes out slower than his fsmash matchstick, and it does less damage/smaller knockback.

(correct me if I'm wrong about the speed. It really is a worthless move, though... except when you want to look cool and scream "give him the CHAIR!")
The chair is good for edge guarding people coming from below.

But dtilt is better.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Worst attacks:

Pichu's f-air (does crap damage to the opponent for the amount it does to you)
Ness's downsmash (You can often get better results just standing there...)
Jigglypuff's up-b (wtf....)
Ganon's up tilt (i never see this used except for "style points" in a free for all or vs. a heroin junkie with slow reaction time...)
Luigi's dash attack (noobs get good use out of this though..)

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
:laugh: Anyone who says rest suck obviously is a n00b who doesn't know how to use it. (BTW all you puff n00bs, this isn't scarcasm) It's like a one-hit KO if you land it! I also think that Mew2's Down+b is useless. It stuns them for seconds, can't be used on an enemy in midair, and you must be facin eachother! WTF?

Zicore

Smash Champion
I personally think luigis dtilt is useless...and playing as a luigi...i think it does suck...

although sheiks down b is useless...

Magus420

Smash Master
DarkKnight077 said:
Luigi up-b it goes up and neither direction
Seriously. 3rd jumps are useless. He should have a projectile as an up-b like Yoshi does instead. He doesn't need the strongest vertical kill move in the game either.
DarkKnight077 said:
Zelda Neutral-b...No comment...
Probably because you have no idea what you're talking about. It's a good move.

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
Not only is Ganon's up tilt a slow, useless move, but it's worse in almost every way than Warlock Punch! It's slower, less ranged and less powerful. So you've got a slow, useless, redundant move. Filling the slot of a move most characters use to combo, and do other cool stuff with. Ouch.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
DarkKnight077 said:
Ganndorf neutral B is bad..it's too so long to charge.
DK's Foward B....err...I don't know what is used for.
Luigi up-b it goes up and neither direction
Mewtwo down and foward B..what were you thinking there.
Zelda Neutral-b...No comment...
G's neutral B is indeed not good, as so for his up tilt
DK's forward B is a Meteor if used against foe in the air, if not your opponent will be smashed down into the floor. (I think it is not bad, but I don't play DK )
Luigi's up B is freakin amazing :)
If you use it like Jiggs rest it does the same amount of damage when on the ground, in the air 20% and it gves a hy knockback

as recovery trick it isn't good, i would agree

Mewto's down b is weird, his forward b is lol when used on battlefield :chuckle:
Zelda's Neutral is freakin good. You can F*ck up Falco's with it :)
just use it when they laser spam and they will get shot themselfs :)

I think up tilt of ganondorf is the worst in the game. It is to slow and....
it is just to slow :p

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Contrary to popular belief Mewtwo's down-b can be used occasionally during tech-chasing, and there are quite a few good options open if it does hit. Also it makes the enemy start tumbling if hit in midair. Also his side-b has a crazy hitbox and priority, it's just hard to hit with. Also you can drag people to their doom with it.

Ness's b is actually very useful for edgeguarding.

Slow moves can be used for edgeguarding if timed correctly. Even ganon's utilt. It's been done before.

IMO, the worst move should be something that is obviously defensive, and easy to see coming, like Ness's down b or Game and Watch's down b, but probably game and watch's, because Ness can use his to heal some health from arwing lasers on Corneria or laser spammers. Even if you DO manage to get a full bucket, it's hard to hit with.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
So we all agree that Ganondorf's Up+A axe kick is THE worst move in the game then?

And some info for some of the so-called useless moves:

DK's Left/Right B move burys opponents right in the ground so they are stuck for a moment giving you some time to do more damage before they pop up but your opponent MUST be on the ground for this to work. This move in mid-air is DK's Meteor Smash.

Luigi's Up+B works like Jigglypuff's rest: You need to be VERY close to your opponent and facing him/her to get max damage and at high %, a KO. Sometimes I find it useful to get back to the stage if you are too far down.

Its a good idea not to use Ganondorf's B move very close to your opponent as it gives them time to get a free hit in. Instead do it from quite a distance so by the time someone comes to you then they will get hit.

I hope this info helps you to understand that some moves that you think might be useless are in fact NOT useless at all.

Magus420

Smash Master
Ganon's u-tilt is what you should be using against jigglypuffs and shield broken opponents (as long as they at least have a little bit of damage). When exactly would Ness' d-smash be a remotely good choice again?

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
@ Da man

I said that already >_>

well anyways. I am just convinced by ehm the poster before you. That ytilt of ganon isn't the worst. The bucket (down b) of G&W is. It is hard to get full and then you must hit with it. Sometimes (like if you fill it with lasers) it isn't worth it to.

2ndchance

Smash Journeyman
I havent found a good use for luigies down tilt
Does luiges taunt count because it can hit? If so I think that is I can never land a hit with it

Magus420

Smash Master
Oh yeah, Mewtwo's dash grab. Not JCing his grab=auto-failure. That crap can and will go right through someone and still somehow miss. Plus there's the extra lag and questionable range advantage if there even is any to begin with.

Apparently if you can catch fastfallers off guard with a d-tilt you can sometimes pull off an up-b afterwards if you're lucky.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
IMO, the worst move should be something that is obviously defensive, and easy to see coming, like Ness's down b or Game and Watch's down b, but probably game and watch's, because Ness can use his to heal some health from arwing lasers on Corneria or laser spammers. Even if you DO manage to get a full bucket, it's hard to hit with.
Both of these moves are fairly pointless in regular 1 vs. 1 matches, except for the fact that a lot of people have to change strategies when they know these moves are an option. However, in team matches they can be great, especially with certain teammates. Samus, Mewtwo, or Ness can heal a lot of damage for Ness, or make a nice bucket for G+W to use. Even then, it's not always practical, but at least in teams it has a use.

When exactly would Ness' d-smash be a remotely good choice again?
Like I said, you can often get better results just standing there. It takes forever to use and does only about 3 damage. If you can hit with the downsmash, you have more than enough time to djc any one of his air moves, or if you want to stay on the ground the down tilt does the same damage but is faster.

S P I K E

Smash Ace
Some people will spam me... some people will love me... Buuutttt... just going to support it... Ganny's up-tilt should never go unpunished.

EDIT: Yes I understand it has it's uses against Jiggz missed rest and broken shields... OKay, yes wonderful... JUst my opinion, in general.

Oh, and G&W bucket can stop Samus's Charge blast... I think thats quite helpful.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
i dont know if its been said, but what about roys spike? you have to get yourself in a position to get spiked JUST to use it! and on top of that its not a true spike. if you miss the lag time is horrible, and if you hit....lol ive only done it once in match. sorry if this has been said, but i didnt want to sift through 16 pages

giant_pichu

Smash Rookie
whenur talking about ganondorf, r u talking about captain falcon because their moves r the same

Epok

Smash Ace
2ndchance said:
I havent found a good use for luigies down tilt
Does luiges taunt count because it can hit? If so I think that is I can never land a hit with it
well i have an awnser for that. luigis down tilt can be used when people overshoot there recovery cause he can duck under it and set up combos although it does take skill and accuracy.

and luigis taunt can be used as a spike my friend does that alot he is a very technical player. but when he lands it is both the most disguting and most beautiful move you'll see in this game

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
Gannons U tilt, huge mindgame on Edge guards... Intimidating and ACTUALLY CAN WORK, good mind game to spook your opponent

Nesss B, can be guided off the stage for slow recovorers, like Samus, maybe... Also very intimidating, and can COMPLETELY block those who need to sweetspot. Mostly mindgames, still, if you ALMOST get hit you're going to be shaken.

Shiek's Down B... learn how to use low tiers you tier *****... Her F and B air ****, little lag, very fast, very strong... Dash A isn't bad, her d smash can **** fox and falco on the edge, and she's not bad looking!!

Shiek's Side B- Edguading falco >.> maybe fox, and C falcon...

Mewtwo's moves... Not THAT bad... well.. okay yeah they are but not useless...

No useless moves.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Nesss B, can be guided off the stage for slow recovorers, like Samus, maybe... Also very intimidating, and can COMPLETELY block those who need to sweetspot. Mostly mindgames, still, if you ALMOST get hit you're going to be shaken.
If your opponent is even the slightest bit competent, you don't want to do this vs. Samus. Samus can drop beneath the stage, grapple beam, avoid it, and then get back on the stage. It's better to do this vs. characters that can't stall their recoveries this way, and definitely avoid trying on Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Peach, and the Links too. And while it might be tempting to do in a Ness ditto, DON'T! (lol)

REØ

Smash Lord
Pichu's Fair, IMO sucks, it doesn't inflict a huge amount of damage onto your opponet, mean while it tacks on about 5% damage onto your percent, and I also have a hard time hitting my opponet with that move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom