• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst move in the game...

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
ZSS up-B or anyone else whose recovery resembles that.
lolwut? It sucks as a recovery maybe but ZSS has Down B which is too good anyway.

Up B is an awesome attack, it combos well. Down Smash Down Smash Up B uptilt is too **** sexy.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
lolwut? It sucks as a recovery maybe but ZSS has Down B which is too good anyway.

Up B is an awesome attack, it combos well. Down Smash Down Smash Up B uptilt is too **** sexy.
yeah..... it's a very useful attack, with huge range (more than usmash)... and CAN link to a dsmash combo. also, it spikes iff you use it on a recovering opponent, then you plasma wire for the ledge steal.

also, it's not a bad recovery. it can grab the ledge even when you're at the very bottom of the screen EVEN slightly under the stage....... and a lot of the time opponents climb the ledge or just don't have time to grab the ledge in general... or perhaps they're ALSO off the stage, meaning tether ledge-steal.

also, paralyzer > up/sideb can get them off the ledge... you can instead use downb to reach the ledge... and if you don't actually reach the ledge you can spike your opponent with it.... and if you don't do that, you can use upb under them to pull them down with you. then you both die, not just you.

just throwing that out there >_>

Olimar's UpB. Seriously, if you have no Pikmin left and you're out there, you're ****ed.
it gives you a SLIGHT boost. so maybe if you were like... a pixel away from grabbing the ledge, you can use olimar's upb and just barely get it :p

Immortal_One

Smash Apprentice
Falcon Kick
The Falcon Kick is actually really useful, and a little more practical than the Falcon Punch *GASP*

There's no charing time, it's just a fluid swiping kick, and doesn't leave you open to a last minute chain grab combo like the Falcon Punch does.

All in all, I'd say FLUDD is the most useless move in the game.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
^ Falcon Kick is alright, but I find Falcon Punch more useful. You just have to use mind games to land one though.

Ganondorf's Up tilt takes to long to hit making it use less in my opinion.

BEES

Smash Lord
Falco's Fair is hilariously bad. Most of learning the character involves training yourself to never use it accidentally.

The worst move is probably Falcon Kick or something.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Snakes F-tilt, U-tilt, Grenades, C4 and proximity mine, MK's Dair, Mach Tornado, ROB's D-tilt, Pit's Arrows, Falco's blaster, Game and Watch's Bair and smashes in general, Pikachu's up B (It's useless, completely), D3's Bair, Side B and D-throw, Falco's D-throw, Ganon's Dair, PK thunder (Ness), Bananas and many more terrible moves. I don't have time to name them all though.

I like how those moves look, I just wish they were as good as FLUDD, Falcon Kick, Falco's Fair or Ganon's broken U-tilt.

Agi

Smash Lord
Snakes F-tilt, U-tilt, Grenades, C4 and proximity mine, MK's Dair, Mach Tornado, ROB's D-tilt, Pit's Arrows, Falco's blaster, Game and Watch's Bair and smashes in general, Pikachu's up B (It's useless, completely), D3's Bair, Side B and D-throw, Falco's D-throw, Ganon's Dair, PK thunder (Ness), Bananas and many more terrible moves. I don't have time to name them all though.

I like how those moves look, I just wish they were as good as FLUDD, Falcon Kick, Falco's Fair or Ganon's broken U-tilt.
...going for the controversy, I'm guessing.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
sheik's ftilt sux ;o
>_>

this. i think my opponents should just stop avoiding this move in general. and if i start using ftilt in the middle of nowhere, my opponent MIGHT AS WELL just run into it because the move sucks so bad. and i MIGHT AS WELL just keep using it repeatedly to useless rack-up damage and MIGHT AS WELL finish this useless ftilt lock with an utterly pointless utilt or usmash or vanish for the stupid, worthless kill.

ftilt for worst move in teh game >_>

Agi

Smash Lord
>_>

this. i think my opponents should just stop avoiding this move in general. and if i start using ftilt in the middle of nowhere, my opponent MIGHT AS WELL just run into it because the move sucks so bad. and i MIGHT AS WELL just keep using it repeatedly to useless rack-up damage and MIGHT AS WELL finish this useless ftilt lock with an utterly pointless utilt or usmash or vanish for the stupid, worthless kill.

ftilt for worst move in teh game >_>
:laugh:
10charac

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
I have to say luigi's down taunt when he slides his foot up acroos the ground. it does 1 damage and you can really hit with it un;ess your opponent isn't moving. anybody agree

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman

Well, does Ivysaur's Up-B give damage? I know Olimar's does since I used it on Targets 4. I've never really played as either of them, I just know it's too easy to gimp their recoveries.
Fludd's not that bad of a move if you ever get a good chance to use it.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Well, does Ivysaur's Up-B give damage? I know Olimar's does since I used it on Targets 4. I've never really played as either of them, I just know it's too easy to gimp their recoveries.
Fludd's not that bad of a move if you ever get a good chance to use it.
Ivy's does. And has pretty **** good knockback.
Fludd is useless.
"A good chance to use it" will probably NEVER happen.

False Soundz

Smash Apprentice
I agree with flood being a horrible move in mario's case. They could've took his dair out for the tornado and then put in a decent move for his down b at least.

Samuses up tilt is a good move IMO. It comes out quicker then in melee , it has a lot of range and it has good priority.

I would have to say the worst move in the game is..Falco's fair. It's startup is decent, it's landing is horrible and it's range is horrible. Not sure about priority, but bad lag , and bad range is bad enough. It has no knockback if you don't hit with the final hit, and if you do hit with the final hit the knockback sucks either way.

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
accually it can be quiet help full

and this is why.
i like http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=WXcZqhDTq_s better

as for fludd, are you kidding me?
look at some of the mario combo vids, lots of fludd action, whether it's good or not, i can't really say, but anything that stars in a combo vid, for non-comical purposes can't be the worst move.

if you say ganon's utilt has a use i'll believe you, but i know if i could i would unbind it, and unbind sing from jiggly, just so i don't do them when trying to do a u-smash or rising pound by mistake.

to the people saying things like "olimar's sideB, when he has no pikmen" that can't really count or you could say "pits upB in a metal brawl" or "G&W's downB against marth" etc... just because it's not useful some times, does not make it a bad move.
"MK's IDC when in a tournament that banned it...."

Sygmus

Smash Cadet
I gotta go with Ness's PK Flash. If you actually want to try to steer it into the enemy's general direction, I think it takes longer than Ganon's up tilt.

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Any move that is outclassed in every way by another move on the same character. Like DKs fair is slower, weaker and harder to hit with than his dair, so even though it's a good move, it's outclassed and useless.

I'm sure there are alot of other situations like that. DDDs upsmash vs uptilt comes to mind.

As far as genuinely useless, peanut popgun.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
I gotta go with Ness's PK Flash. If you actually want to try to steer it into the enemy's general direction, I think it takes longer than Ganon's up tilt.
you use it for edgeguarding. i actually got hit with it once on a fluke recovery... that was pretty much instant death for me.

it MAY only REALLY work on fluke recoveries, but everyone screws up now and then... so... it has its uses.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I somewhat agree with this statement, although I believe it isn't the worst since it could actaully help out if your enemy happens to be in the middle of a combo or is sidetracked which in those cases it wouldn't be the worst which would result in an instant KO

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm gonna say FLUDD is the worst move in the game. Seasons don't fear the Reaper. Nor do they fear the Mario boards.
It really depends on how you use it. Not only is it a good edge guarding tool but it does a wonderful job of stopping aerial approaches. If you're up against a f-air crazy Olimar or Marth, you're definately glad to have this move. Another little known fact is that it is powerful enough to stop some projectiles.

That's why it's best used as a mindgame tool. The best way to use it is to manipulate your opponent's movements when they are recovering. Also, PK Flash is probably one of the best "umbrella" attacks in the game and is great for platforms.

As for the worst moves in the game in my opinion:

1. Jigglypuff's Sing- Retardedly situational and most people would probably have a hard time landing it on their little sister let alone someone who plays Brawl competitively.

2. Ganondorf's utilt- Way too slow to really ever be effective. At least it has vacuum properties this time around.

3. King Dedede's nair- Does anyone even use this attack? King Dedede has so many better options and it's basically a free hit if you whiff.

4. Wario's Dsmash- So much lag when it misses...

5. Bowser's Dair- His Bowser Bomb is almost always a better option and there's so much lag when it hits the ground.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Character Selection. Unless you know how to Ganondorf-, Captain Falcon-, Jigglypuff-, Samus-, Yoshi-, Peach-, etc., etc. cancel.

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
Any move that is outclassed in every way by another move on the same character. Like DKs fair is slower, weaker and harder to hit with than his dair, so even though it's a good move, it's outclassed and useless.
Dair hits below you. Fair hits in front of you and still spikes. Both have their uses.

I think Jigglypuff's Sing is the most useless attack in the game. At lower %'s your opponent recovers faster than you do. At mid %'s (like 50-70%ish), you can maybe get a tilt/AAA combo in. At high %'s, you could probably already KO your opponent already...

Top Bottom