• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I bet my balls he didn't want to do the 3DS version but he was forced to.
Actually, Sakurai originally planned to only create Smash 4 for the 3DS. If he was forced to do a version, it was probably the Wii U one.

Last edited by a moderator:

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Sakurai originally planned to only create Smash 4 for the 3DS. If he was forced to do a version, it was probably the Wii U one.
As far as I remember, he considered making Smash 4 a 3DS exclusive, but he soon realized it would make the game too limited. So he went for both instead. He was not forced to make either one.

Last edited:

Waver

Smash Cadet
NNID
WaverJR
3DS FC
2964-8605-0439
Switch FC
SW-1450-5084-6730
Worst thing about this game?

I guess for me is the level 9s. There's just a big difference between the first 8 levels and 9. 9 reads your moves far too well. Plus I wish you can change the CPU difficulty and quantity in Smash Run mode.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything else.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I officially have a new annoyance to report....AND that is not being able to pre order the SMASH BUNDLE on amazon because it's sold out!

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
Prove that he didn't want to.

It makes way more sense that he wanted to make it for wii u ,but the 3ds was forced on him, you can tell by the limitations (such as the ice climbers) and a lack of passion in the 3ds version. I think people who hate on the wii u version are people who just dont want to buy a wii u and hate the thought of missing out on a better smash.

Some people wont accept that handhelds are minimized versions of the console in every way. Including content.

I didnt get the 3ds game because i'd rather put the 50 bucks or so towards the more superior wii u version and that gcc controller :]

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Mainly the roster itself. To me, it's the worst one in the series, hands down. I don't care that it's the biggest. I won't play a character I find boring or have no interest in no matter how well they play. Add as many inane newcomers as you want, I won't object to it. But take away both of my only top mains (Mewtwo and Wolf) with no suitable replacement, and we've got a problem. And if we've got a problem, then you've got a problem. Okay, so that last part was just me quoting Agent Wyoming.

My other main issue has to do with the singleplayer content. Classic feels less fun without the ability to toggle stocks or items, Smash Run should be longer than 5 minutes, etc. As I've said a few times before, it's like Sm4sh is subconsciously yelling at me to jump straight into the online mode if I don't wanna get burnt out on the game in less than an hour.

Kinslayer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4597-0744-1374
Rolls are the worst part of this games. The recovery rate on them is simply too quick and it comes with little to no problem.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Worst part of Smash 4? After having played the game, I have no complaints. It's perfect. One of the best rosters, funnest characters to play, best selection of newcomers I've ever seen. All modes are fun. Online is good. Items are cool. Everything. 10/10

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
-No Snake, Mewtwo or Ice Climbers. I actually feel like Dark Pit, Lucina, and Dr. Mario were put into the game because something didn't work out with those three characters, so they made 3 clones to make up for it.
-Lack of original 3DS stages. Pikmin, Punch Out, Star Fox and Xenoblade make sense as they don't have many handheld titles. But why do Warioware, Mega Man, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Metroid have to rely on past stages? They all have had quite a few hand held games, it confuses me even more as Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda managed to get multiple stages.
-Lack of an adventure mode although the Wii U version might have one.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
The only thing I dislike is that the Wii U version isn't out now. I need it to perform my instant uairs even faster. Falcons true potential is hindered on this handheld version. I really feel like this handheld version is just not competitive enough. Input speed is simply not possible like it is on the GC controller.

Poketroopa

Smash Rookie
The game needed more bad guys. Give me Ridley, Mewtwo, and K.rool and everything would've been fine.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
The game needed more bad guys. Give me Ridley, Mewtwo, and K.rool and everything would've been fine.
This was my main problem with the roster. I'm sick to death of nothing but bright, cheery, heroic characters. We're reduced to Bowser and Ganondorf currently (IMO, Dedede is an antihero with how much he helps Kirby).

Seriously. As a vehement Mewtwo supporter, they could've excluded him and put in Ridley, K.Rool, OR Wolf and I'd be perfectly satisfied. Nintendo is trying too hard to stray away from the dark/villainous characters.

TurboPikachu

Wall of Pain
NNID
HyperChu
3DS FC
3394-3547-7986
My favorite fighter in the series being ruined
The ultimate killer in 64, a fairly decent fighter in Melee, a very good fighter in Brawl. Now a dogturd in SSB3DS. ;-;

Last edited:

Poketroopa

Smash Rookie
^this too.

Was so hype to play Pikachu this time, he's even front and center on the Wii U cover art, but after seeing how all the other characters play, he's pretty lackluster and feels much weaker than previous iterations.

I don't know

Smash Rookie
Not being able to turn off stage hazards AND Wolf missing
The leaker said there was a dlc for the 3ds that will have ice climbers,mewtwo,wolf and some other people. But lets hope that is real right!? Also I think that you can not turn off stage hazards sucks. But im sure that when you use a different form of the stage the hazards turn off. But that is just a guess.

Last edited:

I don't know

Smash Rookie
You do know he admitted he was trolling about that part, right?
XD whoops thanks for telling me. I just guessed since the leaker was right about the characters (like dark pit being it the game.) That the dlc was right.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Day one DLC is a thing, you know.
Day 1 DLC isn't something Nintendo would do, would they? It'd be kind of scummy. I mean.. if the DLC characters are available from launch, then why aren't they in the actual game instead if they're already done before launch?

Unless you mean the content would already be in the Wii U game itself but the content is DLC for 3DS.

Naoshi

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Mario Golf World Tour have day one DLC?
I think they did, but they also dropped the launch price by 10 dollars. It was originally 40, but they decided to launch it as 30. I think the DLC had something to do with it. I can assume that it was content they wanted in the game at launch, but ran out of time. So they did something generous to make up for that.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I'm gonna go ahead and get back on topic. It's not the worst part, exactly, but I dislike some of the balance in this game. Was Yoshi even playtested?

I don't know

Smash Rookie
But anyways they MIGHT have a dlc because look at fire emblem awakening it has over 3 but still I still think there could be a dlc if they wanted to make one...

Naoshi

I'm gonna go ahead and get back on topic. It's not the worst part, exactly, but I dislike some of the balance in this game. Was Yoshi even playtested?
The glitches on Yoshi are so strange. I wonder how that even happened lol Was it ever patched?

I don't know

Smash Rookie
I agree But i dislike the part where some characters are just cheap well to me it is probably how im not used to them or I just suck at fighting that character..

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The only thing worse about Smash Bros. 4 is people whining and complaining about the choice of characters on the roster, mainly the clones.

Naoshi

How many glitches are there for yoshi? All I know is at least one and it is the giant yoshi glitch.
There was one where Yoshi teleports around the stage. Looks tricky as heck to pull off but it is absolutely bizarre. There were other ones but I forgot what they were.

I don't know

Smash Rookie
The only thing worse about Smash Bros. 4 is people whining and complaining about the choice of characters on the roster, mainly the clones.
Ugh I hate that like when lucina was announced they were complaining of how she is a clone of marth and you saw that for who knows how long and it was just annoying (mostly on miiverse..)

I don't know

Smash Rookie
There was one where Yoshi teleports around the stage. Looks tricky as heck to pull off but it is absolutely bizarre. There were other ones but I forgot what they were.
Wow there are some glitches with mario where you can make him stay big but i dont know how i did it XD

sageoflight

Smash Cadet
People constantly whining about the clones. Specifically Lucina, Dark Pit, Doctor Mario, and Toon Link.
Also, Sakurai being lazy about Ganondorf again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom