• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst video game ever?

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Dapenda
I agree w/ one of the previous posts that Starfox Adventures was one crappy game, that game is so **** hard to sell on ebay, no one wants to buy the **** thing
It's probably because you can buy it for $20 new and even cheaper used.

Think about it.

I really don't Starfox Adventures was that bad of a game. I liked it and felt I got my money's worth with it (even when I bought it for $50). Yeah, it was a Zelda ripoff, and there were some lame elements, but ultimately it was a very enjoyable game. I liked it better than Mario Kart: DD, Animal Crossing, and Viewtiful Joe. So sue me.

On a side note, Rare ruined Star fox with it. Why couldn't you just stick to Dinosaur Planet? No, you had to put the Starfox name on there so it well sell more. And now we have to deal with Krystal and Price Tricky and all the other idiots in the newer Starfox games.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Giygas, it's just like Crystal Chronicles. It didn't have to be a Final Fantasy game but if they put the FF tag onto the game's name they knew it would sell a lot more. It was Nintendo's bright idea to give Rare the Starfox license for Dinosaur Planet though, so Rare changed it and then it was delayed to the GameCube.

SuperChencho

Smash Ace
Sch's back from the grave.

Oy.. let's see... I remember playing a Barbie game back in the heyday of the SNES (hey, my sister rented the game and asked for my help, and when I refused she cried and I succumbed). Oh, the humanity! You were supposed to like walk or something, avoiding all kinds of garbage on the road, but the mobility was horrible, and if you took one of the bonuses on the road (there was like a camera or something that took you to a "putting-make-up-on minigame) the game became 10 times harder. So frustrating. The only thing that made up for that was the fact that I also rented TMNT Tournament Fighters, which was one of SNES superior fighting games.

LostSoul781

Smash Rookie
There are too many games to say which game is the Worst Game Ever. That old game Joust sucked and Pong, whats the big deal with pong, it's a stoners game. Watching a stupid ball or square whatever it was bounce back and fourth. I would hve to say its a toss up between Joust and Pong.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i always found pong boring, but joust? joust wasn't horrible, it wasn't even bad. it was just wierd that you jousted while riding on the backs of ostriches...

SuperChencho

Smash Ace

Well, what did you expect from one of the earliest games ever created? Some really old games were incredibly fun then and even now, but some mistakes were made, which you'd think will never happen again. Alas! Developers just don't seem to learn at all and keep making games that makes you reflect on the suffering of man (mainly because that's us when we're playing their games). I mean, come on! Why are games such as Batman Dark Tomorrow and Aquaman out there? It's like developers just don't try anymore.

In my opinion, a game that is made for a powerful next-gen console and is downright horrible should have never seen the light of day.

Wolfkin

Smash Journeyman
i thought joust was GREAT fun. i used to play that for hours. I think you have to discount pong simply because it's like the first of first. I sincerely doubt Starfox has what it takes to be worst game ever.

Has anyone mentioned A Boy and His Blob?

the name alone is lame and the game.. well let's just say I thought it was a cool concept feed the blob jellybeans and it changes.. but the graphics.. are so horrible and game play sucks.. it was just bad i can't believe i lusted after it for so long. thank goodness for rom/emu

nezogib

Smash Apprentice
Even though it is rated really high i always thought viewtiful joe was the worst game. In my opinion games that are focused on multiplayer are the best ones. viewtiful joe is a 2d platformer with bright colors, a skimpy guy in tights, annoying sounds, and a lot of corn. Sorry if i offended anyone in any sort of way if they wanted to grow up to be like the "hero" of this game and wear tights, make annoying sounds, etc.

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
Originally posted by ultimaiq2
Lamest games to me (plz don't hate me).
Gameboy: Hamtaro, Need I say more?
PsOne: Rayman.
PC: Anything named "Lego"
I agree with you on these. ANYTHING with "barbie" in the name, is dubed(sp?) Lame-@**-F***ing-P**** games

PS2: Jack and Daxter (I sold my J and D)
WHAT IN GODS NAME ARE YOU SMOKING!!? Cus i need some of it erm...Dude you must be High, cus i for one LOVED that platformer. AND J&D II is sooooooooooo Much cooler
KungPOW! enter the fist
Whoa, I'll have some of whatever Hes smokin'!!
Worst game for GameCube? Hmmmm Spyhunter, hands-down

Best-of-the-Best (top 2%) anything with Zelda,Link, or Sonic in the name

Shadowwarrior88

Smash Ace
Mario's Time Machine for the SNES.Maybe I was just too young to understand it,but I couldn't get anywhere in it.There wasn't really a point to it...

SuperChencho

Smash Ace

Dude, if you only seek to play multiplayer games, you are missing out a pretty awesome games that don't have this feature. Sure, it's not the same experience, but it's worth it. Try Wind Waker and Metroid Prime, just to name a few.

Viewtiful Joe got all those raves because it featured different gameplay from what it's traditionally done nowadays (right now the trend seems to be espianage games like Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, and 007).

Wolfkin

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by nezogib
Even though it is rated really high i always thought viewtiful joe was the worst game. In my opinion games that are focused on multiplayer are the best ones. viewtiful joe is a 2d platformer...
oh come on guy. you can't possibly give viewtiful joe worst game crown. even if oyu don't like it surely you can think of something worse. it's like starfox i mean sure it's bad but worst? no.. if you wanna just go gamecube what about Billy Hatcher. I would rate both of those above Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg. A kid dressed as a rooster rolling an egg three times his size around the level squashing crows that can't fly.

tissue

Smash Ace
Heh, I loved Mario's Time Machine for the SNES, alone with Mario is Missing. For the longest time, I couldn't figure out how to go back to the castle in MTM, but one day I actually did. I was kinda too old to care then though...

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Wolfkin
oh come on guy. you can't possibly give viewtiful joe worst game crown. even if oyu don't like it surely you can think of something worse. it's like starfox i mean sure it's bad but worst? no.. if you wanna just go gamecube what about Billy Hatcher. I would rate both of those above Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg. A kid dressed as a rooster rolling an egg three times his size around the level squashing crows that can't fly.
Hey dude...
Nezogib
1. Viewtiful Joe was a GREAT game. People just didnt like it because the graphics and the "corny" name. Just because a game doesnt have multiplayer doesnt mean its not good. Viewtiful Joe was definetly one of the greatest single player game I have ever played. Even though the graphics aren't as realistic as some, the gameplay and everything else makes the game perfect.

Wolfkin
2.Which Starfox? If its Star Fox Adventures I can agree but the rest were good games. But Billy Hatcher??!? Something tells me you didnt even try the game. Billy Hatcher was a great game, and it was a lot of fun. You shouldn't judge games like that. ALL GAMES have some sense of non realism. I mean how often does a plumber beat up a huge turtle with spikes that can blow flames? Or how about some guy with a gun running around shooting people, hijacking cars, and boats, and the police arent able to catch him? NEVER judge games like that, or else you dunno what you miss out on.

As for worst game...uhhh..hard to say...I would have to say..Hey you Pikachu. It was a good idea, and all, but Pikachu rarely followed your orders, and it could get very annoying sometimes....it was fun when it first came out..but now "IMO" it stinks...they shoudl've made more games with that Microphone..

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Originally posted by Kid Icarus
Viewtiful.....Joe......worst.......game........ever?

Get the **** out of my room.

NOW.
*clears throat*

I second what KI said.

GET OUT.

Wolfkin

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Nintendoman71
Wolfkin
2.Which Starfox? If its Star Fox Adventures I can agree but the rest were good games. But Billy Hatcher??!? Something tells me you didnt even try the game. Billy Hatcher was a great game, and it was a lot of fun. You shouldn't judge games like that. ALL GAMES have some sense of non realism. I mean how often does a plumber beat up a huge turtle with spikes that can blow flames? Or how about some guy with a gun running around shooting people, hijacking cars, and boats, and the police arent able to catch him? NEVER judge games like that, or else you dunno what you miss out on.
personally i like the gameplay of Billy H I only played the demo. it's definatly kiddish but it seems innovated like VJ. I was just appalled that anyone could dare say that Starfox (Adv) was the worst game EVER. i mean come on people we're talking in the history of games you wanna say starfox (Adv) is the worst offered up to us? No. you remind me of a worse game.. the Pokémon TV one.. POkémon channel or something like that. it was pretty bad

what about for dreamfast Fishman. wehre you raised the man-faced fish creature. that was like years indevelopment and i never played it but it looked like it sucked. and i hear it did.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
Yes, I believe it was Japan-only though CSHD.

The worst game I have ever played was Burnout. Unfortunately I just take that information from the fact that I played Burnout 2 before Burnout. Other really bad games because of playing a sequel (or another game by the same developer or series) include NFL Street and Sonic Heroes.

Worst game I bought? Clue for the SNES.

Wolfkin

Smash Journeyman
Tetris boring?

where are you people coming from?
Tetris is the definition of addictive game play. The beauty of tetris is that is so simple and yet so engaging. Espeically if you play against people.. man..

I could play tetris for hours.. I think have? Need to get a gameboy again.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
GET OUT OF THE LIGHT HOUSE, BELMONT, NOW! How dare you disrespect THE Greatest Game of All Time?

It is addicting; you can play for hours on end; and I wish I hadn't sold my copies a while back. I so want to play Tetris again, but a used copy goes for $15 at some stores, so I'm like, no way!

BEAM swordzman

Smash Journeyman
guess who's bazzck?

the worst games of all time for each system:

GAMECUBE: Piglet's big Game

SNES: Spider-Man & X-men: Arcade's Revenge

PS1: Land before Time ( any of the games )

Game & Watch: Lion

N64: Superman 64
PS2: Bass Fishing or The Bouncer
XBOX: Piglet's Big Game
GB: ( Any Barbie game )
GBA: ( Any game made by 3DO )

Afromaniac

Smash Rookie
i am a huge megaman fan and i have played almost every megaman game out at the moment and i was greatly dissapointed with x7. i think the series would have been better off just ending at x4 before it got its new fangled 3d graphics................ i like the 2d sidescrollers for the whole game!

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg sucks. Don't even say anything because that game is the loudest, and brightest game ever and everytime I play it I am seriously wondering what the **** is going on. Maybe I would start to consider this game if I was 5, but then again pokemon collosium would start t o look interesting (now that i think of it, pokemon collosium is boring) now I know that I dont need adult games to be entertained, but having an dult theme sure as **** makes the game easier to play (even viewtiful joe had an adult-ish theme to it)

PS: I think megaman games started to suck after Megaman 8

SuperChencho

Smash Ace
I post for gil

Belmont, are you the guy who threw his copy of Tetris out of window? My mom recently found a good-condition copy of the original Tetris on the floor while she was at work. I, of course, have taken proprietorship of such game and have such a wonderful time. Thanks a lot, man!

metal_mario64

Smash Journeyman
On the can singing the bottles of beer song.
The worst game ever......hmmmmmm...... well i would have to say the worst game that I've played has got to be... Mario Party Three. It was lame, it was hard on the eyes, and even if i was high, i don't think i would have known what the **** this game was this game was about.
I liked the mario party series, But this game...... Stay Far Away .....

EDIT: What the **** are you talking about?!?! Without tetris, in all of it's glory, the video game industry as we know it today would never have existed!

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
The worst game I've ever played was Rush n Attack on the nes. That game was horrible and I don't what heck it was about. Its just a bad game all around.

Solid Snake015

Smash Apprentice
Worst game = Superman 64. 'nuff said

Worst game i actually played:Universal Studios Adventure. Yes, i played a free demo, and it was AWFUL. Stay away from this game at all costs.

Dapenda

Smash Champion
about Starfox Adventures
Originally posted by Giygas
It's probably because you can buy it for $20 new and even cheaper used.

Think about it.

I really don't Starfox Adventures was that bad of a game. I liked it and felt I got my money's worth with it (even when I bought it for $50). Yeah, it was a Zelda ripoff, and there were some lame elements, but ultimately it was a very enjoyable game. I liked it better than Mario Kart: DD, Animal Crossing, and Viewtiful Joe. So sue me.

It's great that there's ppl who enjoy the game, i just regret buying it and understand for the other ppl who also bought the game and felt like it wasnt worth their time and money

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
It seems like half of you are actually basing a game onwhat it looks/sounds like, or on what the story is.

Game idea: Guiding a helicopter shaped like a stick through a maze.

Sounds fun?

No?

Well it ****ing is. Play kuru kuru kururin on GBA. That game is sublime.

Anyway, i remember on the release date for the original Mario Party i failed to get a copy although the god****ed shop 'pre-prdered' a copy for me.

So yeah, i was pissed, so i rented Gex.

God, that game was so bad i've blocked out all memory of playing it. The only thing i remember is him saying something 'witty' about Boy George's underwear.

That was a terrible, terrible game. I highly doubt it's the worst i've played, but it was bloody crap anyway.

Top Bottom