• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would DLC stages for this game be too much to ask?

JehJehKeyblade

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JehJehKeyblade2
I know that the 3DS has limited hardware. But is this hardware so limited that there would probably be no DLC stages for this version of the game?

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
who knows maybe they might add some to the new 3DS.

Zee'mmoro

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zee'mmoro
3DS FC
4914-3176-0599
With the DS, it may depend. We may be getting more stages if they really push the limits of it. If we do get any, I wouldn't think they would be very complex / as complex as the current ones.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Wasn't there like page arrows found for both the character and stage select screens for the 3DS version? It may not mean much but I suppose we can probably assume they left the option open perhaps?

Logan Richardson

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2337-5197-3219
This is Nintendo were talking about...so yes, yes it would be too much to ask for.

Zero Suit Roxas

Smash Cadet
NNID
LeBabbo
3DS FC
0748-1742-4057
I'd think not if you had the room on an SD card for it, but it might take a little longer to load than normal stages.

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
Is it too much to ask? No. It's down to priorities at Nintendo currently. I'm sure stages aren't as hard to make as characters, but there is a lot to put into it's layout, physics and general design that I'm sure testing it thoroughly like Nintendo likes to do may not be in the cards.

The 3DS and Wii U's design isn't the problem. Both games are made to have unique stages, so DLC stages that is unique to both isn't a technical impossibility. It all comes down to whether Sakurai want to stay on the project after MewTwo is out and any last minute patches are needed (I say this because I'm fairly positive they'll have at least one more patch after M2's release since out in the wild is where the most interesting issues are found), and whether his higher ups give him the time and resources to do so.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The game has assets for and is designed to support both character and stage DLC, as well as other extra content.

It's matter of whether or not they want to release DLC, because both 3DS and Wii U versions of the game are fully prepared to handle different sorts of DLC.

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
I hope they DO put stage DLCs on 3ds. There is only at least 3-4 old n64/melee stages that I want. Like:
Yoshi's story (melee)
sector z (n64) (an alternate look for the corneria just like the Mushroomy Kingdom stage)
and the last stage is flatzone (melee) (not flatzone 2) (also alternate)

WaterDemonBaku

Smash Cadet
More than likely, Mewtwo is going to be the only available DLC minus some patches here and there, I don't see any future Stage DLC coming up anytime soon.

Although it wouldn't be a bad idea if we got some. Mayyyybe 64 Dreamland, Sakurai?

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
More than likely, Mewtwo is going to be the only available DLC minus some patches here and there, I don't see any future Stage DLC coming up anytime soon.

Although it wouldn't be a bad idea if we got some. Mayyyybe 64 Dreamland, Sakurai?
I agree with you there. but it would be like another battlefield.

JehJehKeyblade

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JehJehKeyblade2

Yes, YES! I love that stage! And the 3DS version DOES need more fair stages.

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
Also, It can be good if Nintendo makes a DLC which allows you to:
1) make a song for a stage from your 3ds sound app
2) arrange what songs you want on each stage (ex: paper mario theme on the find mii stage)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Wasn't there like page arrows found for both the character and stage select screens for the 3DS version? It may not mean much but I suppose we can probably assume they left the option open perhaps?
We have no idea what those were for. Miis could of been chosen through a more traditional CSS, and they could of had more stages planned or even transfer custom stages from SSBU. The shop function means little, because you absolutely need to buy DLC from within 3DS games. And the shop isn't in the Wii U version's data, while Hyrule Warriors and I believe MK8 did from day one. I don't think we'll see any kind of DLC after Mewtwo, assuming that's what he is.

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308

Ahem Miiverse stage.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Ahem Miiverse stage.
That's actually in the game already, and it's supposed to come in an update. Music is all there too, mostly Mii songs from SSB3D, one new and one old song from Nintendo Land, and the Mario Paint Medley. The new Nintendo Land song can be heard in the Fifty-Fact Direct, and Mario Paint in the Smash CD. Only thing missing is the actual Miiverse communities for the characters.

Derpiology

Smash Cadet
NNID
Derpiology
3DS FC
4742-6421-0146
I don't care what DLC we get.

As long as we get one of these :mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It's not out of the realm of possibility. It depends on whether Nintendo cares to add stage DLC. If they do, I wouldn't mind seeing an old stage return, like Smash 64 Hyrule Castle, or Melee Yoshi's Story.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
No not really....

However I highly doubt we are going to get any more DLC stages other than Miiverse.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, I will say I wish they would've added another stage to fill up that empty space on the bottom right corner of the stage select screen.

Emélie De Rochèfort

Smash Rookie
Didn't they say they were going to release an update in which they will add a stage involving Miiverse? Who knows? Maybe they will add more stuff along with it! Maybe Mewtwo isn't the only DLC character. I suppose they add more characters into the mix,considering Nintendo listens to their fans nowadays. Just wait until you see it!

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
For DLC, The characters I want are :roymelee:, :pichumelee:, :younglinkmelee: (mabye), :lucas:, and a new Xenoblade character. But for stages... Hyrule Castle (N64 Project M remake), Saffron City (N64 Project M remake), Battlefield (Melee), Big Blue (Melee), Icicle mountain (Melee), Great Bay (Melee), Flatzone 1 (Melee), And Fountain of Dreams (Melee). I would also like for there to have a mode to put any song on a stage of your choice (even the songs on your SD card.) At least ONE character (mostly :roymelee:) and stage will be good enough for me.

Last edited:

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
I'm not sure if DLC stages would work out as well as you guys think. If one was to buy the DLC and store it on their SD card, I think it would work fine for single player, but multiplayer battles would be a pretty big issue. In order to play on that stage for local multiplayer, everyone would have to have the files downloaded onto their SD card, meaning if one person in your group has not purchased the stage, no one could play it. The only way I see this working is if the files were handed out in the next update and you would have to pay to unlock it, but then you run the risk of hackers exploiting the files and playing on the stages for free. I don't know...

Anyway, If there will be DLC stages, I would like a Dr. Mario inspired stage, where the floor changes as pills fall from the sky and change the terrain. I would also like a tournament-legal Pushmo stage, Fountain of Dreams (Melee), and a hazardless N's Castle.
:kirbymelee:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Everyone asking about stages and I'm here still waiting on online tournament mode.

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
I was really hoping they'd follow Mario Kart's DLC model. Ship Characters and Maps together in packs.

I've never been a big fan of Lucas. Not to the point that I don't want him in Smash, or that I wasn't sad to see him go, but I don't feel like paying for him when I won't play as him. I feel like I'm just buying him to complete my game. It would be nice if he came with a few stages, even if it costed a few bucks more.

Raethien

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raethien
3DS FC
4012-4393-7821
I had the Idea that they could import all the 3ds stages to the WiiU. Except the Paper Mario stage that ones gay.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I'm sure it's possible to put DLC stages in the 3DS version. I mean, they did put in the Mewtwo DLC, so maybe they can do the same for stages. Just make a stage patch and you're good to go (if it's possible, that is).

Top Bottom