• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would the nintendo will use the project m as a basis for the smash 4?

Nintendo 64

Smash Rookie
Seeing the sudden rise in popularity and acceptation of the project m, it becomes clear that the gameplay and physics of melee is a favorite among smash fans.
The question I ask is: Would the nintendo will use the project m as a basis for the smash 4?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
What Golden said. I like Project M, but I don't think it will (or should) be used as a model for Smash 4.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm guessing English is not the OP's first language...

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Or maybe the poster put something in his or her own language and stuck it in google translate. Ether way we understand and the answer is absolutely no.

:phone:

El Duderino

Smash Ace
Will they use it as a reference? Maybe, probably not.

Should they? Most definitely. Project M is chock-full of great design ideas and solutions to issues in both Melee and Brawl.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
No. Sakurai specifically stated that this game won't be similar to Melee (or Brawl) aside from basic Smash stuff.

Qlaw

Smash Cadet
Only things I want from this new smash game are, and this is in order, balance, and feeling like I have(more) options(both on offense and defense than in the previous installments. While P:M has a decent amount of what I want, it's a very general "wish list".

So, no; the next smash doesn't need to follow P:M. Would I like it if it did? Sure.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The only thing similar to Project M will probably be more of a shift to Melee's sleek design. After all, Melee is Sakurai's favorite smash game, and the smash he put the most work into and the game he is most proud of making.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I wish. PM is godly! But I seriously doubt it will be referenced at all.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^^

Given the amount of internet-surfing that guy does on a daily basis? If he isn't aware of Project M, I'm just completely floored.

However, it's a fan-project (with great, GREAT! modifications and fixes, but a fan project nonetheless.)

He might use it as a SLIGHT reference for what SOME fans want out of the game, but don't be surprised if Smash 4 uses an utterly different style. (Just PLEASE be different from Brawl's mechanics style. Please?)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
No. Sakurai specifically stated that this game won't be similar to Melee (or Brawl) aside from basic Smash stuff.
That doesn't mean that how the characters were designed in Project M couldn't be applied to Smash 4. Some really great things like Mu-12 Zelda, Zero Suit Cammy, Lucaryu, both Links being amazing, Ike's improved recovery and mobility, Lucas' stat raising, Squirtle's everything, etc.

As Duderino said, a lot of the design changes to the characters in Project M are flat out amazing and really show the potential of the game's core essence that Sakurai and co. never tapped into.

Is Sakurai even aware of project m?

I think it's safe to assume that Nintendo is aware of the vast majority of fan projects. As long as no one's making money off of it, most companies don't go after that kind of stuff because it can act as both free advertising and serve as marketing research material.

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
Can someone gimme a link to where Sakurai says Melee is his favourite Smash game? I haven't heard that before and would like a source.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Will they use it as a reference? Maybe, probably not.

Should they? Most definitely. Project M is chock-full of great design ideas and solutions to issues in both Melee and Brawl.
THIS!

10x this

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To be honest, Sakurai's pride is big enough for him to ignore Project m.
Seriously, Project M is geared towards competitive play, which isn't Sakurai's main focus.

Isprayaxe

Smash Apprentice
Imo probably not because they would want original ideas that people will still like. However i hope they do as they are widley accepted, just look at how many people quit brawl because of what they did. Sure it was casual but it disappointed the competitive scene.

Renji64

Smash Lord
I really hope they would i'm not asking for a melee 2. I know they won't but please make a better game than brawl. The thing is i played melee casually for years how was it too hard?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Maybe The Nintendo will make something even more competitive than Melee and more cool than P:M.
wat

Speculator

Smash Ace
No, I have a feeling the Nintendo wouldn't. However they will almost certainly have done research and looked at fan feedback for the direction Brawl took, so I expect SSB4 will be geared to appeal to both the party fighter and competitive fighter crowds.

El Duderino

Smash Ace
In the wake of the Spirit Bomb aftermath Thursday night, P:M's potential impact is only part of the equation. There is no telling how Sakuari will react to the passion and generosity of the competitive Smash community as a whole, or forthcoming hype train surrounding Melee at EVO. One thing is certain though, inadvertently this is the strongest message Smashboards (and hundreds of fans on Twitch among other places) have ever sent to the devs and I'm thrilled it is a positive one.

I do hope we have grabbed their attention. The more they explore this forum and all that the community has accomplished (yes including PM), the better informed they will be about the decisions they make. There are HUGE benefits each section of this community has to offer that can go a long way towards making SSB4 a great game. Let's celebrate that rather than being selectively dismissive, especially in light of our recent united victory.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Maybe The Nintendo will make something even more competitive than Melee and more cool than P:M.
wat
Don't worry, someday we'll get a Joy Mech Fight sequel, someday...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It suddenly occured to me, since they're trying to woo the competitive players towards Wii U, they might make it more competitive than Brawl atleast.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Well, it'd be nice if Nintendo/sakurai acknowledged P:M and didn't try to screw up Smash 4's competitive potential.

DO I want Smash 4 to be like PM? Well, not completely. As great as Melee is, I would like to see some different gameplay and mechanics in Smash 4, and ones that hopefully are actually good, whereas Brawl had changes that had more of a negative impact overall.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In the wake of the Spirit Bomb aftermath Thursday night, P:M's potential impact is only part of the equation. There is no telling how Sakuari will react to the passion and generosity of the competitive Smash community as a whole, or forthcoming hype train surrounding Melee at EVO. One thing is certain though, inadvertently this is the strongest message Smashboards (and hundreds of fans on Twitch among other places) have ever sent to the devs and I'm thrilled it is a positive one.

I do hope we have grabbed their attention. The more they explore this forum and all that the community has accomplished (yes including PM), the better informed they will be about the decisions they make. There are HUGE benefits each section of this community has to offer that can go a long way towards making SSB4 a great game. Let's celebrate that rather than being selectively dismissive, especially in light of our recent united victory.
This was why I wanted to see Melee win the contest. I would've liked to see Skullgirls too (at least we saw Squiggly), but the Smash community really needed this to get some much needed recognition and attention from Nintendo considering that the news is all over the place. Yes, I know that Smash has things like Apex and Genesis, but the EVO tournament will help develop outside interest, even with the stream monsters. Just imagine a top 8 match with the Ice Climbers chain grabbing. Marvel players will be all over that.

I found it quite interesting, though, that Brawl donations amounted only to 170 dollars. That's not even half of a minimum wage check.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
I'm guessing English is not the OP's first language...
Hah really, but I mean has anyone really smashed far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? :awesome:

****posting aside, Nintendo will never do what communities want nor copy people openly. They never have, they just go and do their own thing. I mean cmon, it's modern nintendo, casualization for nongamers is their game

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hah really, but I mean has anyone really smashed far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? :awesome:

****posting aside, Nintendo will never do what communities want nor copy people openly. They never have, they just go and do their own thing. I mean cmon, it's modern nintendo, casualization for nongamers is their game
Wasn't nintendo disappointed that Wii was seen as targeting a different audience than Xbox and PS3?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I meant that the Wii being perceived as not for hardcore gamers.
Here's the link.
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/iwata/iwata_asks_special_edition_wii_u_43781_43761.html

And here's what I'm talking about.
"The other thing is, shortly after the Wii console was released, people in the gaming media and game enthusiasts started recognising the Wii console as a casual machine aimed towardfamilies, and placed game consoles by Microsoft and Sony in a very similar light with each other, saying these are machines aimed towards those who passionately play games. Itwas a categorisation between games that were aimed towards core, and casual."

NightShadow6

Smash Journeyman
Ahh people saying the 360 and ps3 are for avid gamers.

I like my cube and PC.

At any rate I wouldn't mind if they took some things from PM.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
I meant that the Wii being perceived as not for hardcore gamers.
Here's the link.
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/iwata/iwata_asks_special_edition_wii_u_43781_43761.html

And here's what I'm talking about.
"The other thing is, shortly after the Wii console was released, people in the gaming media and game enthusiasts started recognising the Wii console as a casual machine aimed towardfamilies, and placed game consoles by Microsoft and Sony in a very similar light with each other, saying these are machines aimed towards those who passionately play games. Itwas a categorisation between games that were aimed towards core, and casual."
All I can say about that is Nintendo set themselves up for it. They oversimplified a lot of their core titles on the wii to appearl to nongamers and casuals who might be offput by either the games difficulties or people being better than them at games by comparison. By streamlining to make them more accessible to nongamer types, or just dumbing down some games and casualizing others outright they ruined their image in the eyes of real gamers who have been at it for many years. New super mario bros, mario kart wii(compared to doubledash) kirby's epic yarn, brawl(compared to melee, stfu brawl defense force dont wanna hear it), and the disappearance of titles that would have been considered more core games like F-Zero, a proper paper mario, and Zelda twilight princess' lackluster waggle controls. All of this hurt Nintendo's image with the wii, especially considering sales of the wii died off. I really do not feel sorry for them, they should never have hurt their own franchises intentionally to get ******** unreliable nongamers to give them money.

on a side(but related) note, this is probably why the wiiu so far is selling well below Nintendo's expectations, they tried marketing off the wii's tired name by tacking a U on the end on a console with superior hardware. Now the former nongamer userbase has moved on because the novelty of the wii wore off. Because of the name the wiiu will take some time to be considered a worthy new generation of console. This might mean good things for us though because Nintendo can no longer rely on former nongamers and casuals, they all moved onto the xbox, pc or ps3

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I would like to think that maybe Sakurai is looking at Project M and using certain things from that game as notes to keep in mind for what Smashers want. Of course, this is merely wishful thinking.

Top Bottom