• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would Wario Ware be legal if you didn't get winning prizes?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
There does exist a few codes now, made by yours truly. Though all of them is PAL, I will see if I can port them to NTSC sometime this week.

The most useful would be
MicroGames Never Appear [Duker]
05541D58 00000001

It only affects WarioWare and doesn't cause any freeze from my testing.

And if you still want a specific microgame it can be arranged:

Lock WarioWare to 1 Microgame [Duker]
05542134 0000000X
0554215C 00000000

Where X is 0-4 or 6-9 (5 is unused)
0=Dodge!
1=Watch out!
2=Sidestep!
3=Stay Dry!
4=Jump!
6=Pop!
7=Chisel!
8=Don't move!
9=Taunt!

And without rewards of course:
Always Lose WarioWare's Microgames (All players) [Duker]
055420D4 00000000
The last one seems like it'd be the most useful. Warioware loses its beautiful fun and charm without microgames.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Oh, it'd definitely be legal if there weren't the prizes (or if the prizes were, say, 5% health, not invincibility star). It could well be a neutral stage (see: Castle Siege) though it seems more abusable than Castle Siege as DeDeDe due to the greater frequency of the walk-off edges.

To me, the problem lies in the "Dodge!" section, where the racing car randomly stops or does an instant race thru the stage. Noone can predict what it will do, so that mini-game would probably ruin Wario Wares chances of being legal.
Uh, no? Its not at all hard to dodge. Seriously, even though it is random, it isn't that difficult to dodge it either way.

If you spent a half hour learning how to play the level, you'd know how to win and take advantage of every minigame, easy.

And dodging the foot is a joke. If you can't dodge it, your opponent put you in it.

Likewise with the rain; it creates an interesting fight under the umbrella.

If there weren't prizes for winning the minigames, it'd could well be a neutral stage. Yeah, the minigames are generally good for DeDeDe, but the main part of the stage is like two CGs long. Castle Seige is a neutral with walk-offs, after all, and I doubt Warioware has them for any higher percentage of the time (though to be entirely fair it is rather different, as the walk-offs appear more often, even if they don't last nearly as long).

Not sure if it'd be neutral, but it seems like it'd be close.

B!squick

Smash Master
honestly for the foot, its called the shield. Same goes to the car.

What I find annoying about WarioWare (in the few times Ive played it) is not the minigames, since you can avoid the star and when someone turns big they actually become easier to chaingrab, its that if you are below the stage when the stage goes into a microgame, you are stuck under it and will die.
God yes. I thought I was the only one who had trouble with this. Being a Bowser main, getting to the ledge with the Bowser Bomb while airbourne is important because Bowser doesnt like flying (Koopa Clown Car the exception) and it's great for edge guarding and hogging. The micro game stage change while on the ledge is the worst hazard I've ever faced.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
The fact that when the stage goes to a minigame when your on the ledge or below your under the stage and will most likely die if you don't have a vertical recovery is a reason its banned other than the prizes.

Top Bottom