• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow does Ryu look so small against certain characters

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Just noticed this by having him stand side to side with Ganondorf in training, wasn't expecting Ryu to be THAT small compared to him honestly but maybe its just me.

Any opinions from you guys about Ryu's general size?

D

Deleted member

Well in his origin series he is uhhh... "big". So he got shrunk down to size, simple as that.

link-a-link

Smash Cadet
NNID
Linkaden
well ganon's pretty tall, at least compared to link in twilight princess. and link being human-sized hes pretty much the same height as ryu, whos human sized as well. he looks fine to me.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
:4ryu: is 5'11 or 5'10.
:4zss: is 6'2
:rosalina: is 7ft
:4falcon: is 6'2 i think he kinda hunches over in his idle animation
:4ganondorf: is over 7ft

Also Akuma is the EXACT SAME HEIGHT AS RYU, some artstyle like to make Akuma a big demonic being.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226

Also Akuma is the EXACT SAME HEIGHT AS RYU, some artstyle like to make Akuma a big demonic being.
...I feel like I've just been corrected by Fiddy.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Ryu isnt very tall, hes just buff as frack. He looks stronger than Gannon, then again Gannon has a lot of height on him so arm girth can be deceiving...
Speaking of which thats a fun matchup...Gannon vs Ryu...lol

D

Deleted member

After a couple matches where i was against Ryu as Shulk, sheesh. Now i feel like OP wondering why he looks pretty tiny compared to other "human" fighters in Smash Bros.

Nate1080

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nate1080

Ryu is 5'9. Pretty much every SF game confirms this.
ZSS is 6'3 (6'5 considering heels)
Rosa is closer to 6'5, she seems taller since she floats and she's not much taller than ZSS.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
After a couple matches where i was against Ryu as Shulk, sheesh. Now i feel like OP wondering why he looks pretty tiny compared to other "human" fighters in Smash Bros.
Nice to know I wasn't the only one who's been feeling Ryu looked a lil tiny against certian other humans. I bet he'd look small against Solid Snake even xD

Top Bottom